Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So what our thoughts on the twice weekly Covid tests? 11:06 - Apr 5 with 810 viewspointofblue

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56632084

It doesn’t say either way but will we be required to have proof of having one before going to a public event? Also I think the nasal tests can be quite difficult to carry out by yourself - I know there were swab tests where saliva is taken from the cheek but that doesn’t seem to have been rolled out; maybe accuracy is under question with it.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

So what our thoughts on the twice weekly Covid tests? on 11:16 - Apr 5 with 778 viewsAce_High1

We have been doing them for the last 6 weeks at work.

Easy to do as long as you follow the guidance.

Ours are back of the throat and one nostril, self administered.
So what our thoughts on the twice weekly Covid tests? on 11:17 - Apr 5 with 769 viewsPinewoodblue

Nice little earner for Tory backers.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

So what our thoughts on the twice weekly Covid tests? on 11:19 - Apr 5 with 767 viewspointofblue

So what our thoughts on the twice weekly Covid tests? on 11:16 - Apr 5 by Ace_High1

We have been doing them for the last 6 weeks at work.

Easy to do as long as you follow the guidance.

Ours are back of the throat and one nostril, self administered.

I guess you get used to them after a while? Can imagine shoving something up your nose is a bit uncomfortable at first?

So what our thoughts on the twice weekly Covid tests? on 11:34 - Apr 5 with 731 viewsDebsyAngel

It seems so clunky and I cannot see how it can work - how will all these tests get sent out? Every adult in every household twice a week? So if you have say, a doctors appointment, and do a test and it's positive, you have to cancel the appointment, and maybe get fined for non attendance? Say you have to go to work and have to call in at the last moment to say you cannot go because of a positive test?

The track and trace app has been an expensive white elephant not fit for purpose. I still have mine switched on when go out, but it just eats battery up.

These tests have had lots of false positives - I read last week that a lot of schoolkids were unneccessarily shielding due to that happening.

Why can;t the money be put into more vaccination centres/staff/vaccines?

I just feel that life will be impossible to get back to normal if we have to keep testing ourselves - how can we ever leave the house if get "positive" results each time? Is the vaccine not enough? (I know that you have to wait a few weeks for protection, but I thought these would be enough).

I would be happier to show my card that I have been vaccinated, seems a lot less hassle.

I feel life will never go back to normal - and my anxiety is already ruining my life, this stuff does not help.

Please don't shout me down or have a go - this is my opinion on the matter
So what our thoughts on the twice weekly Covid tests? on 11:35 - Apr 5 with 726 viewsWD19

My working assumption is that the government has purchased trillions of them and they need using before they go out of date. We are already getting through a million of them a day as a nation as it is.
So what our thoughts on the twice weekly Covid tests? on 11:39 - Apr 5 with 713 viewsDebsyAngel

Sorry! duplicate post!!
[Post edited 5 Apr 2021 11:40]
So what our thoughts on the twice weekly Covid tests? on 11:44 - Apr 5 with 697 viewspointofblue

So what our thoughts on the twice weekly Covid tests? on 11:34 - Apr 5 by DebsyAngel

It seems so clunky and I cannot see how it can work - how will all these tests get sent out? Every adult in every household twice a week? So if you have say, a doctors appointment, and do a test and it's positive, you have to cancel the appointment, and maybe get fined for non attendance? Say you have to go to work and have to call in at the last moment to say you cannot go because of a positive test?

The track and trace app has been an expensive white elephant not fit for purpose. I still have mine switched on when go out, but it just eats battery up.

These tests have had lots of false positives - I read last week that a lot of schoolkids were unneccessarily shielding due to that happening.

Why can;t the money be put into more vaccination centres/staff/vaccines?

I just feel that life will be impossible to get back to normal if we have to keep testing ourselves - how can we ever leave the house if get "positive" results each time? Is the vaccine not enough? (I know that you have to wait a few weeks for protection, but I thought these would be enough).

I would be happier to show my card that I have been vaccinated, seems a lot less hassle.

I feel life will never go back to normal - and my anxiety is already ruining my life, this stuff does not help.

Please don't shout me down or have a go - this is my opinion on the matter

Going off the reports the tests can also be purchased at pharmacists as well as requested, I suppose a request can be submitted so tests are continually sent out? I doubt people will be fined for non-attendance at the doctor’s if they test positive and work will have to be understanding; I assume the majority have the option to still work from home after the last year.

According to the BBC, NHS analysis has revealed false positives are a very small number though, in my opinion, false negatives carry the greater risk.

We’ve already put a lot of money into vaccinations, to be fair; I’m not sure if putting in more money will see greater results as we can only receive a certain amount of components at any given time.

What I don’t understand yet is how they prevent people from just playing lip service to it - asking for the tests, saying they’ve completed it when they haven’t and just carry on their normal lives.

So what our thoughts on the twice weekly Covid tests? on 11:46 - Apr 5 with 683 viewsWD19

So what our thoughts on the twice weekly Covid tests? on 11:44 - Apr 5 by pointofblue

Going off the reports the tests can also be purchased at pharmacists as well as requested, I suppose a request can be submitted so tests are continually sent out? I doubt people will be fined for non-attendance at the doctor’s if they test positive and work will have to be understanding; I assume the majority have the option to still work from home after the last year.

According to the BBC, NHS analysis has revealed false positives are a very small number though, in my opinion, false negatives carry the greater risk.

We’ve already put a lot of money into vaccinations, to be fair; I’m not sure if putting in more money will see greater results as we can only receive a certain amount of components at any given time.

What I don’t understand yet is how they prevent people from just playing lip service to it - asking for the tests, saying they’ve completed it when they haven’t and just carry on their normal lives.

They don’t. They are just a ‘nice to have’ that ppl can get if they want.
A bit of added reassurance before you go and visit your gran in her garden.

It’s a complete waste of time.
Login to get fewer ads

So what our thoughts on the twice weekly Covid tests? on 11:57 - Apr 5 with 667 viewsDubtractor

So what our thoughts on the twice weekly Covid tests? on 11:35 - Apr 5 by WD19

My working assumption is that the government has purchased trillions of them and they need using before they go out of date. We are already getting through a million of them a day as a nation as it is.

Probably some truth in that.

By now the government had expected mass testing with the lateral flow tests to be taking place at schools, workplaces and general public testing sites to help smaller workplaces. The plan for schools was originally that this would be happening from January, and for workplaces not long after, but the lockdown obviously put a stop to that, and to the wider roll out of LFT implementation. Most large offices are still a long, long way from getting back to normal.

I suspect they have a metric sh1tload of these kits needing to be used.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

So what our thoughts on the twice weekly Covid tests? on 11:57 - Apr 5 with 666 viewstiptreeblue

So what our thoughts on the twice weekly Covid tests? on 11:46 - Apr 5 by WD19

They don’t. They are just a ‘nice to have’ that ppl can get if they want.
A bit of added reassurance before you go and visit your gran in her garden.

It’s a complete waste of time.

So, if it makes sure you don`t have it before seeing your gran, why is it a complete waste of time?
So what our thoughts on the twice weekly Covid tests? on 12:10 - Apr 5 with 626 viewsWD19

So what our thoughts on the twice weekly Covid tests? on 11:57 - Apr 5 by tiptreeblue

So, if it makes sure you don`t have it before seeing your gran, why is it a complete waste of time?

Because the kits are only about 50% effective in picking up positive cases and the official advice is that you should not change your behaviour as the result of a negative test.
So what our thoughts on the twice weekly Covid tests? on 13:15 - Apr 5 with 525 viewsAce_High1

So what our thoughts on the twice weekly Covid tests? on 11:19 - Apr 5 by pointofblue

I guess you get used to them after a while? Can imagine shoving something up your nose is a bit uncomfortable at first?

All about mindset, it really is not an issue, it takes seconds and is a little uncomfortable but there are ten million worse things to be doing so just get on with it.

Do it, report the result and take the appropriate action. Anything to get us moving forward is needed and needed now.

Got my second vaccine next week, so looking forward to that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024