Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The wage caps 11:41 - May 16 with 952 viewsHipsterectomy

To get around the wage cap thing couldn't we just pay fairly average League 1 salaries and then a huge bonus upon promotion, play off finish etc?

Say a player is on £4000 a week but upon promotion gets a £300,000 bonus which would really take them to £10,000 a week

I take it this isn't allowed?

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

The wage caps on 12:05 - May 16 with 891 viewsjayessess

Under the 2019-20 rules you had to report your projected turnover and wage costs to the EFL. I presume it'd be difficult for the latter to consider performance-related pay outs on that basis.

That said, I don't imagine it'd be of enormous concern to them. Not many players are going to want to take such a huge proportion of their salary on performance conditions when they can get similar as a basic wage at a higher level.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

The wage caps on 12:11 - May 16 with 867 viewsbournemouthblue

There's no question creative accountancy can mitigate FFP

I'm not saying it's morally right but Derby got away with it for years

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

The wage caps on 12:12 - May 16 with 865 viewschrismakin

I did read somewhere that you could offer a large sign on fee which wouldnt be counted... that could be the way we go.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

The wage caps on 12:20 - May 16 with 837 viewsjayessess

The wage caps on 12:12 - May 16 by chrismakin

I did read somewhere that you could offer a large sign on fee which wouldnt be counted... that could be the way we go.

Regulations are here: https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/appendix-5---financi

With regards to salary:

"Schedule 1 — Salary

1 Salary, for the purpose of these Salary Cap Rules, means the total of all amounts referred to in paragraph 2 of this Schedule 1, whether they are paid or payable (or in the case of a benefit in kind, provided or to be provided) directly or indirectly onshore or offshore by or on behalf of a Club or any Connected Party of the Club to or in respect of a Salary Cap Player or any Connected Party of the Salary Cap Player (save where that payment or benefit in kind is an Excluded Item).

2 Salary includes:

2.1 gross basic salaries;

2.2 signing on fees;

2.3 appearance fees;

2.4 save for as provided at paragraph 1.4 of Schedule 2, individual player bonuses including but not limited to any goal, assist, clean sheet, match, win, loyalty or other kind of bonus;

2.5 all expenses that are due to the Salary Cap Player under the terms of his contract including but not limited to accommodation, relocation, travel and motor costs;

2.6 any salary, fees or remuneration due under the terms of any image rights contract;

2.7 in respect of Salary Cap Player who is registered at the Club on a Temporary Loan Transfer all amounts referred to in this paragraph 2 and any Loan Fee;

2.8 any agents’ fees payable by the Club (this includes but is not limited to agents who represent, negotiate on the behalf of, is engaged by, advises or otherwise acts for a Club as well as any agents’ fees settled by the Club directly or indirectly on the Player’s behalf);

2.9 any loan made, or to be made, to the Salary Cap Player or a Connected Party of the Salary Cap Player which is not repaid within the same Salary Cap Year;

2.10 any compromise, redundancy or settlement payment made to the Salary Cap Player;

2.11 any cost to the Club of providing any benefit in kind, such as the cost of vehicles used privately, medical costs (the P11d benefit figure should be used in calculating the cost to the Club) and any hotel expenses (other than those directly relating to matches and training)"
[Post edited 16 May 2021 12:21]

The wage caps on 12:24 - May 16 with 794 viewschrismakin

The wage caps on 12:20 - May 16 by jayessess

Regulations are here: https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/appendix-5---financi

With regards to salary:

"Schedule 1 — Salary

1 Salary, for the purpose of these Salary Cap Rules, means the total of all amounts referred to in paragraph 2 of this Schedule 1, whether they are paid or payable (or in the case of a benefit in kind, provided or to be provided) directly or indirectly onshore or offshore by or on behalf of a Club or any Connected Party of the Club to or in respect of a Salary Cap Player or any Connected Party of the Salary Cap Player (save where that payment or benefit in kind is an Excluded Item).

2 Salary includes:

2.1 gross basic salaries;

2.2 signing on fees;

2.3 appearance fees;

2.4 save for as provided at paragraph 1.4 of Schedule 2, individual player bonuses including but not limited to any goal, assist, clean sheet, match, win, loyalty or other kind of bonus;

2.5 all expenses that are due to the Salary Cap Player under the terms of his contract including but not limited to accommodation, relocation, travel and motor costs;

2.6 any salary, fees or remuneration due under the terms of any image rights contract;

2.7 in respect of Salary Cap Player who is registered at the Club on a Temporary Loan Transfer all amounts referred to in this paragraph 2 and any Loan Fee;

2.8 any agents’ fees payable by the Club (this includes but is not limited to agents who represent, negotiate on the behalf of, is engaged by, advises or otherwise acts for a Club as well as any agents’ fees settled by the Club directly or indirectly on the Player’s behalf);

2.9 any loan made, or to be made, to the Salary Cap Player or a Connected Party of the Salary Cap Player which is not repaid within the same Salary Cap Year;

2.10 any compromise, redundancy or settlement payment made to the Salary Cap Player;

2.11 any cost to the Club of providing any benefit in kind, such as the cost of vehicles used privately, medical costs (the P11d benefit figure should be used in calculating the cost to the Club) and any hotel expenses (other than those directly relating to matches and training)"
[Post edited 16 May 2021 12:21]

Does that cover league 1.. or was that the scene that was scrapped at our level?

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

The wage caps on 12:31 - May 16 with 775 viewsjayessess

The wage caps on 12:24 - May 16 by chrismakin

Does that cover league 1.. or was that the scene that was scrapped at our level?

The middle section on that page is the League One rules for this year, but the definition of salary they used for that was the one they were already using for SCMP prior to that.

The wage caps on 12:40 - May 16 with 744 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Is this the same forum that sl4gs off Derby?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

The wage caps on 14:02 - May 16 with 633 viewsbournemouthblue

The wage caps on 12:40 - May 16 by Marshalls_Mullet

Is this the same forum that sl4gs off Derby?

See my post further above

There's a certain irony attached now that we may have money ourselves

Even if we do, it's still about how you spend it. I'm never convinced Derby got that right!

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Login to get fewer ads

The wage caps on 14:08 - May 16 with 609 viewschrismakin

The wage caps on 14:02 - May 16 by bournemouthblue

See my post further above

There's a certain irony attached now that we may have money ourselves

Even if we do, it's still about how you spend it. I'm never convinced Derby got that right!

Was it true they were paying Rooney 100k a week?

The wage caps on 15:13 - May 16 with 560 viewsGuthrum

The best way to get around the wage cap is to significantly increase turnover - by things like selling lots of season tickets, getting lucrative sponsorship deals and shifting merchandise. Even by getting to the later stages of cup competitions. Doing well in the League gives a better chance of being on TV. All entirely above-board and legitimate.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

The wage caps on 15:20 - May 16 with 538 viewsJ2BLUE

The wage caps on 14:08 - May 16 by chrismakin

Was it true they were paying Rooney 100k a week?

Weren't his wages being entirely covered by their sponsor? 32Red or something?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024