Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Confession thread 11:28 - Jun 29 with 991 viewsbluelagos

On more than one occasion, when drunk, I put my arm round friends, acquaintances and told them "I love 'em" - probably a proper pain in the arse to be fair, like 95% of drunk people.

Gave 'em a hug they probably didn't want, maybe even man handled one or two to join me on the dance floor...

So, do I need to hand myself in at the nearest police station? Just wondering like.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Confession thread on 11:31 - Jun 29 with 940 viewsEireannach_gorm

Do you do that with complete strangers on the street too?
Confession thread on 11:37 - Jun 29 with 912 viewsMerseyBlue

The clue is in the word 'friends' that you use. Not complete strangers who outnumber a man walking down the street. Watch the video again, Whitty is clearly having to force himself away from them in an unnatural position, I don't think that constitutes a hug. It wouldn't be alright if they'd done the same thing to a woman without her consent, it's not alright to do it to him either.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2021 11:37]

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

Confession thread on 11:51 - Jun 29 with 848 viewswkj

If you did it to total strangers I would like to think you wouldn't be surprised if you had a right good lumping in return

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Confession thread on 11:55 - Jun 29 with 822 viewsStokieBlue

I can't agree with your stance on this, you've actually changed the entire scenario and context to fit your narrative.

If you went up to total strangers in the street and hugged them it's very weird behaviour and definitely unacceptable.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Confession thread on 13:22 - Jun 29 with 691 viewsN2_Blue

Confession thread on 11:55 - Jun 29 by StokieBlue

I can't agree with your stance on this, you've actually changed the entire scenario and context to fit your narrative.

If you went up to total strangers in the street and hugged them it's very weird behaviour and definitely unacceptable.

SB

Is BL suggesting the behaviour towards Chris Whitty wasn't unacceptable then? That would be a really strange stance if so...

Edit: Just seen BL comment on other thread as does seem to be making out this isn't really an issue...and wouldn't be bothered if this happened to a child of his. Rather disappointing.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2021 13:31]

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Confession thread on 13:43 - Jun 29 with 591 viewsBluefields

Totally different to the Chris Whitty incident.
Confession thread on 13:52 - Jun 29 with 539 viewsPinewoodblue

In these Covid times only consenting hugs are lawful.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Confession thread on 15:45 - Jun 29 with 431 viewsbluelagos

Confession thread on 11:55 - Jun 29 by StokieBlue

SB

I have, fair point.

But you hit the nail on the head - their behaviour was a "bit weird and unacceptable". That doesn't mean it is a matter for the police and/or should be the subject of the usual social media "witch hunt" so beloved of many.

I think the point I was trying to make, was that a sense of perspective would be handy. People labeling it as an 'assault' are somewhat wide of the mark imho.

It was a stupid act by a couple of idiots trying to get a selfie. No more, no less. And certainly a complete waste of time if the police end up getting involved.

Whole thing is quite bizarre, both the incident and the whole social media witch hunt over something that Chris Whittey isn't overly bothered about. If he was bothered enough to make a police complaint, fair enough, as far as I know, he wasn't.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024