Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coulson loan 13:03 - Jul 21 with 1299 viewspointofblue

Can’t help but wish it was a permanent signing - wonder if it’s because Boro don’t want to let him transfer him out at this stage? Good to have another player through the door though; hopefully this is the start of another burst.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Coulson loan on 13:09 - Jul 21 with 1220 viewsMerseyBlue

It was quite widely reported that Boro were only after a loan yesterday when Sunderland were being mentioned as well. I don't have a problem with it as we'll be in a good position to sign him permanently if he performs and we go up. I think the loans of the past 10 years have left a bad taste in the mouth but it feels different with Gamechanger. Fingers crossed it is!

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

Coulson loan on 13:10 - Jul 21 with 1189 viewsjayessess

I think there's a big difference between loan signings like Bennetts, where they're young kids learning their trade and someone like Coulson who's 23, played 50+ games of pro men's football already. He's not a punt, he's potentially playing for a permanent future here, he's a player we'll realistically sign if the loan is a success. It's more Magilton than McGuinness.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Coulson loan on 13:13 - Jul 21 with 1144 viewsVic

I’m assuming he’s a better CB than we could afford to buy.

With the goal currently being strictly short term and promotion ASAP I’m OK with this as promotion and increased crowds will fund even better in to future.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Coulson loan on 13:14 - Jul 21 with 1126 viewschrismakin

Coulson loan on 13:13 - Jul 21 by Vic

I’m assuming he’s a better CB than we could afford to buy.

With the goal currently being strictly short term and promotion ASAP I’m OK with this as promotion and increased crowds will fund even better in to future.

Isn't he a left back?/left winger?

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Coulson loan on 13:16 - Jul 21 with 1090 viewsSuperblue95

Coulson loan on 13:10 - Jul 21 by jayessess

I think there's a big difference between loan signings like Bennetts, where they're young kids learning their trade and someone like Coulson who's 23, played 50+ games of pro men's football already. He's not a punt, he's potentially playing for a permanent future here, he's a player we'll realistically sign if the loan is a success. It's more Magilton than McGuinness.

Agreed.

If he’s decent we will almost certainly sign him next summer. If he’s crap/not as good as Penney then he won’t be our problem next year. Bonus points for covering two positions.

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Coulson loan on 13:28 - Jul 21 with 946 viewsjayessess

Coulson loan on 13:16 - Jul 21 by Superblue95

Agreed.

If he’s decent we will almost certainly sign him next summer. If he’s crap/not as good as Penney then he won’t be our problem next year. Bonus points for covering two positions.

Clubs don't generally loan out 23-year-olds if they think they have a long-term future at their current club. Maybe if he's absolutely outstanding for us it makes things trickier, but that's a nice problem to have!

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Coulson loan on 13:49 - Jul 21 with 783 viewsOwainG1992

Coulson loan on 13:09 - Jul 21 by MerseyBlue

It was quite widely reported that Boro were only after a loan yesterday when Sunderland were being mentioned as well. I don't have a problem with it as we'll be in a good position to sign him permanently if he performs and we go up. I think the loans of the past 10 years have left a bad taste in the mouth but it feels different with Gamechanger. Fingers crossed it is!

In the last 10 years we've ryan fraser, Tom Lawrence, Bersant Celina.
Not all bad.

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024