Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone that thought a new 11 would click instantly is deluded 18:40 - Aug 14 with 1014 viewskizaitfc

And does not understand football.

It's going to take Cook a while to work out his best squad and it will probably take the players longer to gel together.

Cook knows we need to be better defensively hence the recent signings and one to come tomorrow from Accrington Stanley (who are they).

Both games over the full 90 we probably should come away with at least 4 points but due to lack of final pass and poor defending we have 1. I expect that will be resolved with the 2 new cbs in and when the attacking 4 start to gel.

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Anyone that thought a new 11 would click instantly is deluded on 18:46 - Aug 14 with 983 viewsHerbivore

I don't think anyone thought we'd click instantly, but I think plenty - including Cook I'd imagine - thought we'd do better than a draw and two defeats in our opening week. It's not a disaster but let's not make out that it's anything other than a bit disappointing to be winless given the games we've played.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Anyone that thought a new 11 would click instantly is deluded on 18:52 - Aug 14 with 947 viewsHighgateBlue

Anyone that thought a new 11 would click instantly is deluded on 18:46 - Aug 14 by Herbivore

I don't think anyone thought we'd click instantly, but I think plenty - including Cook I'd imagine - thought we'd do better than a draw and two defeats in our opening week. It's not a disaster but let's not make out that it's anything other than a bit disappointing to be winless given the games we've played.

Yes, especially given that it's Morecambe, Newport and Burton. Remember last year and the year before when we were scraping plucky (or maybe lucky) 1-0s against these lesser sides, and then it all went wrong when we played the bigger boys. Well right now I am very much fearing the bigger boys.
Anyone that thought a new 11 would click instantly is deluded on 18:53 - Aug 14 with 939 viewshomer_123

Anyone that thought a new 11 would click instantly is deluded on 18:46 - Aug 14 by Herbivore

I'd go as far as a crap start. Long way to go etc.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Anyone that thought a new 11 would click instantly is deluded on 18:54 - Aug 14 with 937 viewskizaitfc

If a team doesn't click it doesn't work, it doesn't matter how good a manager you are.

Has it taken too long to get cbs yes, but nothing suggests this was down to Cook.

Patience is needed, based on the quality I see in the squad there is no way this team will not be in the top 6 come end of the season

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Anyone that thought a new 11 would click instantly is deluded on 18:55 - Aug 14 with 932 viewsKieran_Knows

100% this. Although I feel a settled back 4 - KVY Edmundson Burgess Coulson - will hopefully steady the ship. The 2 midfielders pick themselves and the front 4 should be enough for anyone in this division.

Hopefully couple of wins on the board next week though!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Anyone that thought a new 11 would click instantly is deluded on 18:59 - Aug 14 with 909 viewsjas0999

Completely agree, but no wins from three very winnable matches is still disappointing. You’d expect us to at least grind out a win. I think fans are right to be disappointed - the manager is!
Anyone that thought a new 11 would click instantly is deluded on 19:03 - Aug 14 with 893 viewspointofblue

Anyone that thought a new 11 would click instantly is deluded on 18:59 - Aug 14 by jas0999

Completely agree, but no wins from three very winnable matches is still disappointing. You’d expect us to at least grind out a win. I think fans are right to be disappointed - the manager is!

We grinded out wins at the start of last season and then it all fell apart when we had to have structure and a plan of play. This year I feel we have more of a structure/plan of play but we're not grinding out the wins. I'm still hopeful once we click we'll be up there.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Cooks shape/system is very reliant on the full backs being on their A game on 19:11 - Aug 14 with 872 viewsunstableblue

And making the right decisions to open play and supply the front 4 effectively

KVY has started the season poorly and that is hurting us

Similarly Penney is running hot and cold.

They will of course have off days, but need a good performance from them on Tuesday, or our Boro loanee.

Similarly Burns is a miss, and as you say the CBs are making errors.

But let’s be clear it is not Cooks fault Fraser missing the penalty. That goes in and we’re all happy on here tonight.

This is a project. And as always needs a bit of luck.

But it needs also good players in a settled and effective system.

Let’s see where we are after 10 games.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone that thought a new 11 would click instantly is deluded on 19:19 - Aug 14 with 825 viewsITFCBlues

"given the games we've played" - that'd be undefeated Morecambe and decent Burton side that were the form team 2nd half of last season.

We should be doing better, but they're both no mugs.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Anyone that thought a new 11 would click instantly is deluded on 19:23 - Aug 14 with 800 viewsHerbivore

Anyone that thought a new 11 would click instantly is deluded on 19:19 - Aug 14 by ITFCBlues

"given the games we've played" - that'd be undefeated Morecambe and decent Burton side that were the form team 2nd half of last season.

We should be doing better, but they're both no mugs.

Bigging up Morecambe and Burton? Is this what we've become? You should have just gone with "We should be doing better".

Anyone that thought a new 11 would click instantly is deluded on 19:34 - Aug 14 with 749 viewsITFCBlues

Anyone that thought a new 11 would click instantly is deluded on 19:23 - Aug 14 by Herbivore

Bigging up Morecambe and Burton? Is this what we've become? You should have just gone with "We should be doing better".

Not at all, but you're saying they're utterly rubbish when early results suggest otherwise.

We will improve, but it'll take time.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Anyone that thought a new 11 would click instantly is deluded on 19:36 - Aug 14 with 740 viewspointofblue

Anyone that thought a new 11 would click instantly is deluded on 19:34 - Aug 14 by ITFCBlues

Not at all, but you're saying they're utterly rubbish when early results suggest otherwise.

They've both played us and Shrewsbury - we picked up one more point off them than Shrewsbury did.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2021 20:45]

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Anyone that thought a new 11 would click instantly is deluded on 19:39 - Aug 14 with 724 viewsHerbivore

Anyone that thought a new 11 would click instantly is deluded on 19:34 - Aug 14 by ITFCBlues

Where did I say they were utterly rubbish? And if we can't read much into our start, why are you reading into theirs?

Anyone that thought a new 11 would click instantly is deluded on 19:48 - Aug 14 with 699 viewsBeforeyouwereborn

Listening on the radio (yes I've given up travelling to watch them - and it's no longer 'us' I'm afraid) I struggled to know who was playing for whom, that is Cook's contribution so far - as for gelling it took Sir Bobby three seasons to get rid of the old dead wood and 'grow' a new team. It was one or two at a time, not 10,11,12,13, 14,.......and counting. It's bonkers.
Anyone that thought a new 11 would click instantly is deluded on 20:02 - Aug 14 with 635 viewsHerbivore

Anyone that thought a new 11 would click instantly is deluded on 19:48 - Aug 14 by Beforeyouwereborn

Listening on the radio (yes I've given up travelling to watch them - and it's no longer 'us' I'm afraid) I struggled to know who was playing for whom, that is Cook's contribution so far - as for gelling it took Sir Bobby three seasons to get rid of the old dead wood and 'grow' a new team. It was one or two at a time, not 10,11,12,13, 14,.......and counting. It's bonkers.

That was 50 years ago and we were in the top flight. Times have changed. A lot.

Anyone that thought a new 11 would click instantly is deluded on 20:22 - Aug 14 with 570 views44_not_out

One of the biggest cliches in football…. ‘Time to gel’. It’s like they meet up once a week on a Saturday.

In truth, we have off loaded a group of average players and replaced them with another load of slightly above average players.

The manager has changed and says he has more attacking intent. Not seen it yet, but apparently they need time to gel. The previous incumbent, was more negative in his approach but started both previous seasons well. Have we actually moved on…. Time will tell.

All I see is talk, no different than before, just talk. It’s boring.

Someone wake me up when we actually start winning and have ‘gelled’

Apparently the football is better now. I’m sure I’ve heard this before
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024