Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cook post match 22:57 - Aug 17 with 740 viewschrismakin

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/cook-on-itfc-defeat-a-cheltenham-82463

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Cook post match on 23:04 - Aug 17 with 648 viewspatrickswell

We’re in trouble reading that....All the same things that Keane said in 2009 and Hurst said in 2018. Players who’ve shown already they lack the character and resilience to turn those “big moments in games which are currently going against us.”
Cook post match on 23:17 - Aug 17 with 573 viewsChurchman

I’m sorry Chris. I’ve been patient with Cook and will remain so until October, but that interview was rubbish. For an experienced manager to sound as clueless as that is a concern

All the excuses in the world doesn’t hide one undeserved point from nine. It’s not good enough. If his team has injuries, what’s the story with the training, fitness etc? Why is the opposition fitter than us? If the players are making mistakes, why? Saying players are making errors is obvious. We know that. Asking for patience is fair. But is patience going to put into the players the courage and effort shown by the opposition? There is no team. Just a collection of misfit players at the moment.

When does he expect it to come together and how is he managing it? A month? A year? A decade?
Cook post match on 23:20 - Aug 17 with 551 viewspointofblue

Cook post match on 23:17 - Aug 17 by Churchman

I’m sorry Chris. I’ve been patient with Cook and will remain so until October, but that interview was rubbish. For an experienced manager to sound as clueless as that is a concern

All the excuses in the world doesn’t hide one undeserved point from nine. It’s not good enough. If his team has injuries, what’s the story with the training, fitness etc? Why is the opposition fitter than us? If the players are making mistakes, why? Saying players are making errors is obvious. We know that. Asking for patience is fair. But is patience going to put into the players the courage and effort shown by the opposition? There is no team. Just a collection of misfit players at the moment.

When does he expect it to come together and how is he managing it? A month? A year? A decade?

One thing I will say, as one of Cook's bigger doubters, is we probably should have at least five out of nine. Have we "deserved" to lose any of the matches this season? I would say not - we've been at least an equal of each team we played. But then it's hardly something to be proud of that we've managed to be equals of Morecambe, Burton (to a lesser extent) and Cheltenham.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Cook post match on 00:19 - Aug 18 with 511 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Cook post match on 23:20 - Aug 17 by pointofblue

One thing I will say, as one of Cook's bigger doubters, is we probably should have at least five out of nine. Have we "deserved" to lose any of the matches this season? I would say not - we've been at least an equal of each team we played. But then it's hardly something to be proud of that we've managed to be equals of Morecambe, Burton (to a lesser extent) and Cheltenham.

In the football pyramid we ARE equals with those clubs. The idea that we should be brushing these 'little' clubs aside, as suggested by several on this forum and others, is false. Those clubs have earned the right to play us on equal terms and we have to respect them.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Cook post match on 01:02 - Aug 18 with 461 viewsStNeotsBlue

Cook post match on 00:19 - Aug 18 by Tangledupin_Blue

In the football pyramid we ARE equals with those clubs. The idea that we should be brushing these 'little' clubs aside, as suggested by several on this forum and others, is false. Those clubs have earned the right to play us on equal terms and we have to respect them.

I do agree you're right as we are all in the same league on merit. But the budget we are playing with should mean we should be doing a bit better, especially as the fixture list had been quite kind, Morecombe had the smallest budget in League 2 last year and had more new players than us first game, still early days so I'm not panicking too much yet.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2021 1:16]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024