Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good piece on covid and likely incidence over the Winter 09:04 - Oct 26 with 1033 viewsSteve_M

A couple of key points:

- If R is around 1 (as it is in the UK) then rates can increase and decrease quite significantly with small behavioural changes;
- There is a lot more randomness now given vaccination rates and prior infections;
- Given there is a non-trivial chance that things could get worse aren't sensible, proportionate measures better than the risk of harsher ones?

https://unherd.com/2021/10/how-we-can-escape-a-lockdown-christmas/

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Good piece on covid and likely incidence over the Winter on 11:03 - Oct 26 with 890 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

I make you right but I'm not hopeful as way too many ministers and MPs are following a line of "¡No masksareon!"

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Good piece on covid and likely incidence over the Winter on 11:09 - Oct 26 with 873 viewsElderGrizzly

I said on another thread, they are already indicating to us in Central Govt that working from home will be advised again from mid-November.

They'll just try and not call it Plan B for political reasons.

Too many on the right are trying to equate "wear a mask" and "WFH" as lockdown. It isn't.
Good piece on covid and likely incidence over the Winter on 11:20 - Oct 26 with 825 viewsPinewoodblue

Good piece on covid and likely incidence over the Winter on 11:09 - Oct 26 by ElderGrizzly

I said on another thread, they are already indicating to us in Central Govt that working from home will be advised again from mid-November.

Too many on the right are trying to equate "wear a mask" and "WFH" as lockdown. It isn't.

Interesting article but don’t know much about the writer/ source.

Not sure that a Covid passport would have a big impact on the entertainment industry. Went to a music show in Kings Lynn at the weekend usually a sell out but only 70% full this time.

Part of a tour and currently more shows are being postponed than going ahead. Have feeling that if people could be sure everyone there was double/ triple jabbed then numbers would be higher. Have to say numbers wearing masks in crowded areas were very low. Again if mask wearing was mandatory I’m sure more people would be less hesitant about attending.

Was sixties music show so my experience relates to just those of a certain age.

Genuinely interested in knowing how other age groups feel.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Good piece on covid and likely incidence over the Winter on 11:41 - Oct 26 with 765 viewstw25

Likely or unlikely incidence more like.
Good piece on covid and likely incidence over the Winter on 11:45 - Oct 26 with 734 viewsGlasgowBlue

Good piece on covid and likely incidence over the Winter on 11:20 - Oct 26 by Pinewoodblue

Not sure that a Covid passport would have a big impact on the entertainment industry. Went to a music show in Kings Lynn at the weekend usually a sell out but only 70% full this time.

Part of a tour and currently more shows are being postponed than going ahead. Have feeling that if people could be sure everyone there was double/ triple jabbed then numbers would be higher. Have to say numbers wearing masks in crowded areas were very low. Again if mask wearing was mandatory I’m sure more people would be less hesitant about attending.

The hospitality industry in Scotland is already calling for the vaccine passports to be scrapped after seeing a 40% drop in business during the first week they were implemented.

Staff are also complaining about stress after a series of incidents where people kicked off because they were refused entry.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Good piece on covid and likely incidence over the Winter on 11:46 - Oct 26 with 723 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Good piece on covid and likely incidence over the Winter on 11:20 - Oct 26 by Pinewoodblue

Personally, I have no issues with Covid passports or mandatory wearing of face masks in enclosed venues, shops etc. Would probably welcome that at the moment.

As a side note, was on holiday last week in Oxfordshire/Gloucestershire and the majority of people were respectful of mask wearing in the shops etc. One place even took temperature as a condition of entry. No issues and certainly not a big deal to cover up, is it.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Good piece on covid and likely incidence over the Winter on 11:51 - Oct 26 with 694 viewsSwansea_Blue

Good piece on covid and likely incidence over the Winter on 11:09 - Oct 26 by ElderGrizzly

Plan A.12. Def info.

If anyone is equating WFH and mask wearing as a lockdown, they are feckwits!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Good piece on covid and likely incidence over the Winter on 11:54 - Oct 26 with 682 viewsPinewoodblue

Good piece on covid and likely incidence over the Winter on 11:46 - Oct 26 by StochesStotasBlewe

Personally, I have no issues with Covid passports or mandatory wearing of face masks in enclosed venues, shops etc. Would probably welcome that at the moment.

As a side note, was on holiday last week in Oxfordshire/Gloucestershire and the majority of people were respectful of mask wearing in the shops etc. One place even took temperature as a condition of entry. No issues and certainly not a big deal to cover up, is it.

Think too many respond to peer pressure. Mates not wearing masks so I won’t. Did a weekend away couple of months ago. Numbers wearing masks were down each day/ night. Human nature I suppose.

Doesn’t help when MPs sit shoulder to shoulder in rows and very few wearing masks because they know the people near them. Really just responding to peer pressure. HoC no different than concourse at football stadium.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Login to get fewer ads

Good piece on covid and likely incidence over the Winter on 12:56 - Oct 26 with 578 viewsEwan_Oozami

Good piece on covid and likely incidence over the Winter on 11:54 - Oct 26 by Pinewoodblue

Think too many respond to peer pressure. Mates not wearing masks so I won’t. Did a weekend away couple of months ago. Numbers wearing masks were down each day/ night. Human nature I suppose.

Doesn’t help when MPs sit shoulder to shoulder in rows and very few wearing masks because they know the people near them. Really just responding to peer pressure. HoC no different than concourse at football stadium.

Haven't heard the Delia song at the HoC yet though....

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024