Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Morsy - Magilton 07:19 - Nov 4 with 1256 viewsF1Blue

Morning all, still feeling fantastic after the game on Tuesday, like us all I'm really enjoying watching Town again, fallen in love all over again.

One thing I've noticed, and it might just be me but Morsy really reminds me of Jim Magilton.. He's niggly, always tries and wins the ball back, big communication in the middle of the park. Something I feel we've missed for such a long time.
Morsy - Magilton on 07:21 - Nov 4 with 1237 viewshoppy

But then looks to move the ball forwards, rather than sideways.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Morsy - Magilton on 08:37 - Nov 4 with 1081 viewsArnieM

Morsy - Magilton on 07:21 - Nov 4 by hoppy

He drives the team forward doesn’t he . Couldn’t believe how far forward he was ( especially late in the game too). We will severely miss him when he gets his eventual ban.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Morsy - Magilton on 08:51 - Nov 4 with 1043 viewsGuthrum

Morsy - Magilton on 07:21 - Nov 4 by hoppy

It was Morsy's run with the ball which created our first goal on Tuesday.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Morsy - Magilton on 08:53 - Nov 4 with 1033 viewsNthQldITFC

Morsy - Magilton on 08:37 - Nov 4 by ArnieM

He drives the team forward doesn’t he . Couldn’t believe how far forward he was ( especially late in the game too). We will severely miss him when he gets his eventual ban.

I'd like to think that Harper is work-shadowing him in training, because I think he has all the attributes to be just as good in a similar role, with a bit more experience and maturity as a player.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Morsy - Magilton on 08:57 - Nov 4 with 1009 viewsKieran_Knows

Just saw on twitter that its 16 points out of 24 since Morsy came in to the side. Such a shame he was banned for those 3 games.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Morsy - Magilton on 08:57 - Nov 4 with 1011 viewsHerbivore

Morsy doesn't have Jim's range of passing but he's probably a better ball carrier and generally more mobile around the pitch. Got to remember as well that Jim was good enough to play in the Prem and to be very decent in the second tier well after his prime. Morsy isn't at that level.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Morsy - Magilton on 09:20 - Nov 4 with 934 viewsArnieM

Morsy - Magilton on 08:53 - Nov 4 by NthQldITFC

I'd like to think that Harper is work-shadowing him in training, because I think he has all the attributes to be just as good in a similar role, with a bit more experience and maturity as a player.

You’d like to think that’s the case wouldn’t you . Harper has a presence to him but not always the right choice of pass, as so often happens with young players . The future is very bright for the club now .

Morsy - Magilton on 09:33 - Nov 4 with 897 viewsWickets

I like Moray and he is good for us for me a bit unfair on him to compare him with Super Jim, Can someone Put up Jim's Semi Final hatrick please i want to watch it yet again .
Login to get fewer ads

Morsy - Magilton on 10:07 - Nov 4 with 815 viewsF1Blue

Morsy - Magilton on 09:33 - Nov 4 by Wickets

I like Moray and he is good for us for me a bit unfair on him to compare him with Super Jim, Can someone Put up Jim's Semi Final hatrick please i want to watch it yet again .

I'm not saying they're the same... Of course Jim. Played at a higher level but his style just reminds me of Magilton. A midfielder with some edge.
Morsy - Magilton on 10:20 - Nov 4 with 756 viewsWickets

Morsy - Magilton on 10:07 - Nov 4 by F1Blue

I'm not saying they're the same... Of course Jim. Played at a higher level but his style just reminds me of Magilton. A midfielder with some edge.

I can see what you are saying , same sort of niggly character i suppose . Lets hope that its an omen !
Morsy - Magilton on 10:26 - Nov 4 with 722 viewsfooters

Morsy - Magilton on 09:33 - Nov 4 by Wickets

I agree. In fact, I'd say Moray's eely good.

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Morsy - Magilton on 11:06 - Nov 4 with 654 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Morsy - Magilton on 08:37 - Nov 4 by ArnieM

We are going to need a 'Morsy junior' a younger player who can do similar stuff to Morsey, I think our transfer business in January is going to see some of these types of player come in, and Barry go back.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Morsy - Magilton on 11:43 - Nov 4 with 567 viewsArnieM

Morsy - Magilton on 11:06 - Nov 4 by Cheltenham_Blue

We are going to need a 'Morsy junior' a younger player who can do similar stuff to Morsey, I think our transfer business in January is going to see some of these types of player come in, and Barry go back.

I think Barry joined Town at the wrong time for him tbh . We have far too many good players in the squad now for him to get a game . If he’d joined under Lamberts reign , I think it would have been a different story . But I agree with you , better that he returns to Villa .

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024