Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
VAR and offsides. 20:13 - Nov 30 with 428 viewschrismakin

Obviously goals are chalked off when VAR is able to show am offside which has been missed.

Should it work the other way? I.e if VAR shows a striker wasn't offside when flagged incorrectly, then the attacking side should get an indirect freekick from the strikers position of which he was deemed offside.

Just a thought based on Pukki just now. Very tight offside call and possibly not offside but very quick from the lino there.. which stopped a potential goal..

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

VAR and offsides. on 20:15 - Nov 30 with 399 viewsMattinLondon

That’s not a bad idea and has logic to it…obviously due to this the FA will never consider it.
VAR and offsides. on 20:17 - Nov 30 with 382 viewsRomeo4

Yes I think that’s another inconsistency with the application of VAR. Still find it’s use really frustrating.
VAR and offsides. on 20:33 - Nov 30 with 339 viewsGarv

Well in theory you won't have many instances of this, because linos are told to keep the flag down.

One ridiculous example I saw of this was Ronaldo against Chelsea yesterday. A mile offside, yet the lino gives nothing, Ronaldo doesn't score but does win a corner which United could have scored from.

VAR always was, has been, and will be bad for football.

This was an odd read -

Yes, 'limb tracking' is now a thing apparently.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

VAR and offsides. on 20:58 - Nov 30 with 305 viewsSitfcB

ASM reminding me of Edwards

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024