Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
19 Players Signed - Hit, Miss, Maybe............. 21:24 - Nov 28 with 2079 viewsSmithy

HIT

Walton
Edmundson
Burns
Bonne
Chaplin
Aluko
Morsy
Celina

MAYBE

Penney
Harper
Evans
Pigott (not been given much of a chance)
Fraser (probably between hit and maybe)
Burgess (think he will come good)
Edwards (think he will come good)

MISS

Hladky
Barry
Carroll (injuries)
Coulson (injuries)

Jury still out on quite a few??

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

19 Players Signed - Hit, Miss, Maybe............. on 21:54 - Nov 28 with 1898 viewsMaySixth

That for me is a pretty good strikerate

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

19 Players Signed - Hit, Miss, Maybe............. on 07:23 - Nov 29 with 1546 viewsPioneerBlue

I would have Fraser and Evans in Maybe. Both have done enough to be encouraged but like all the team we can see they are capable of more on a regular basis. Evans has played his part in holding the midfield at times. Fraser has done his best work earlier in season. Defending and with out the ball has been a team rather than player downfall.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

19 Players Signed - Hit, Miss, Maybe............. on 18:51 - Dec 2 with 1290 viewsTractorFrog

My assessment on the signings so far:

Macauley Bonne - a definite hit. He is struggling at the moment, but has still been our best player this season. Outstanding at the start of the year, and a great attitude too.
Joe Pigott - so far, has been disappointing, but I think if it weren't for Bonne doing so well he would be playing more and would be shown to be better. Still very glad we signed him.
Bersant Celina - a few moments of magic, but in general he hasn't been as consistently good as hoped. Still a great signing for this level, but I would expect more as the season goes on.
Kyle Edwards - after a few brilliant performances in August, he has struggled since his return to the team after injury, but still a good signing and will surely improve.
Conor Chaplin - hasn't played enough, but when he has he's been a definite hit. One of the standouts of the season and shouldn't have been dropped.
Wes Burns - despite injury problems, another definite hit. Not only is he great for the team, he is a very exciting player as well.
Sone Aluko - generally considered to be the weakest Cook signing before he had played, but has ended up being one of the best. Another certain hit.
Louie Barry - a miss, but not a costly one. He has been unlucky not to have played with all the other strong signings, and will surely be recalled soon.
Scott Fraser - so far, he has also been disappointing, but has been played out of position and has looked better as an 8 recently. Not as good as expected, but still a great signing for this level and looks to be improving significantly.
Rekeem Harper - looked like a great signing initially, but in my opinion he has been one of the most disappointing. He has great potential, so would ideally be loaned out in January and then could come back as the player we expected.
Tom Carroll - a solid backup, which is all he was brought in to be. So I am calling him a hit.
Lee Evans - I was given the impression he would be the player that Morsy has been, so maybe hasn't been as good as expected. But has still done well and been a good signing.
Sam Morsy - an incredible player for league one, but that is exactly what we expected from him. The team improved significantly when he joined it, with El Mizouni the only potential replacement if he gets an injury.
Matt Penney - similar to Carroll, he was only signed to be a backup, but has ended up playing a lot more than expected. A few bad games, but overall he has done well and I would call him a hit.
Hayden Coulson - when he's played, he has looked a great signing, but has had a lot of injury problems. Hopefully we can get him fit soon because he will be an important player.
George Edmundson - one of the best signings of the transfer window, Edmundson has been a rock in central defence, and the team would really struggle if he got injured.
Cameron Burgess - I expected more from him. He initially looked great but faded away and has now lost his starting spot. Still feel as though he has more to offer.
Vaclav Hladky - really hasn't impressed in goal, which is strange given how well he did last season. So far a miss, but he is another we should look to loan out in January.
Christian Walton - our best goalkeeper since Bialkowski. One of the best signings of the window.

As for the rest, it seems possible that Janoi Donacien, Toto Nsiala and Kane Vincent-Young will be the only three players signed by previous managers left after the January transfer window, with Idris El Mizouni and Bailey Clements the academy products still in the team. I think Cook will look to sell Tomas Holy, Luke Woolfenden, Myles Kenlock, Jon Nolan, Kayden Jackson and James Norwood in January, although Jackson and Woolfenden both did a good job last night against the Arsenal U21s.

They'd all laugh at me if they knew what I was trying to do. To create a new strain of super-wine in half-an-hour with a fraction of nature's resources and a FOOL for an assistant. 'Bernard Black, he's mad,' they'd say, 'he's insane, he's dangerous.' Well I'll show them! I'll show them all!
Poll: What hurt more?

19 Players Signed - Hit, Miss, Maybe............. on 19:28 - Dec 2 with 1220 viewsjayessess

I'll mess with your categories a little, if I may.

At present:
FULLY HIT (fully met or even exceeded expectations, even relative to the investment made in them)
Edmundson
Walton
Bonne
Burns
Alukp

SORT OF HIT (mostly met expectations, although perhaps not quite the maximum we might have hoped for, relative to investment)
Celina
Chaplin
Morsy

SLIGHT MISS (have done some good stuff, but not at the level you'd hope for, given pedigree, money invested)
Fraser
Evans
Edwards

FULL MISS (not been anywhere near what was advertised)
Harper
Burgess
Penney
Hladky
Barry

SAMPLE TOO SMALL (played too rarely to properly evaluate)
Pigott
Carroll
Coulson

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

19 Players Signed - Hit, Miss, Maybe............. on 20:07 - Dec 2 with 1118 viewschicoazul

I hate to break this to you OP but they are all misses so far

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

19 Players Signed - Hit, Miss, Maybe............. on 20:13 - Dec 2 with 1091 viewsNthsuffolkblue

19 Players Signed - Hit, Miss, Maybe............. on 20:07 - Dec 2 by chicoazul

I hate to break this to you OP but they are all misses so far

Aren't you happy with 11th in League 1?

What do you expect a team rather than a collection of talented individuals?

I actually do feel we are building into a team but am still concerned about the backwards steps being taken at times.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

19 Players Signed - Hit, Miss, Maybe............. on 20:15 - Dec 2 with 1083 viewschicoazul

19 Players Signed - Hit, Miss, Maybe............. on 20:13 - Dec 2 by Nthsuffolkblue

Aren't you happy with 11th in League 1?

What do you expect a team rather than a collection of talented individuals?

I actually do feel we are building into a team but am still concerned about the backwards steps being taken at times.

It’s so weird. When we signed Walton Morsy and Tequilla on the final day of the window I thought we would be top by December no drama. Cook really has ballsed it up so far.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

19 Players Signed - Hit, Miss, Maybe............. on 20:18 - Dec 2 with 1071 viewsNthsuffolkblue

19 Players Signed - Hit, Miss, Maybe............. on 20:15 - Dec 2 by chicoazul

It’s so weird. When we signed Walton Morsy and Tequilla on the final day of the window I thought we would be top by December no drama. Cook really has ballsed it up so far.

Tequilla is the one who has most disappointed.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

19 Players Signed - Hit, Miss, Maybe............. on 07:49 - Dec 3 with 808 viewsArnieM

19 Players Signed - Hit, Miss, Maybe............. on 20:15 - Dec 2 by chicoazul

How about …… some of the players have ballsed it up ! Have they delivered ( having been given their opportunity)? They knew Cooks system, knew what was expected of them , were happy to sign the contract. Have they delivered ?

A big fat NO!

Massive underachievers in my book are

Hladky ( need to offload imo - this level too much for him)
Coulson ( injury prone - was he prior to signing? Send him back )
Burgess ( play Woolfie instead , and I’m not even his greatest fan )
Penney ( lightweight in defensive role)
Celina ( wonder goal the only exception)
Edwards (just what does he offer??)

Average : ( which is not good enough for a club seeking promotion)
Evans
Fraser
Pigott (a victim of circumstances- Bonne’s form, family issues)

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

19 Players Signed - Hit, Miss, Maybe............. on 08:06 - Dec 3 with 779 viewsJon_456

Hard to disagree with that list.

Fraser would consider himself unlucky not to make the HIT list though. Has looked a tidy player and works exceptionally hard but has been played out of position for most of the season.

Would like to see him given a run of games in the centre next to Morsy.
19 Players Signed - Hit, Miss, Maybe............. on 09:12 - Dec 3 with 696 viewsRadioOrwell

19 Players Signed - Hit, Miss, Maybe............. on 21:54 - Nov 28 by MaySixth

That for me is a pretty good strikerate

Unfortunately it's a team game and the team is a miss.
19 Players Signed - Hit, Miss, Maybe............. on 09:42 - Dec 3 with 651 viewsC_Jam_Blue

I have been thinking for a few weeks that one of the roots of our current problems is the full backs. Looking down this thread Donacian, Penney, Coulson and KVY rarely appear in people's hit or even maybe lists. Full backs are crucial to the system PC wants to play. Injuries have not helped and I think KVY has not been the payer PC thought or hoped. Would not be at all surprised to see at least one full back arrive in January.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024