Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
we started the season playing exciting football 17:07 - Dec 4 with 523 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

and scoring plenty, but didn't get results. Comical defending.
Then the defence improved and we stopped conceding. Now we are as dull as ditchwater. We can't score at home to a minnow at the bottom of the 4th division.
I was all for giving Cook time to get the squad to gel. He's had enough time now. He just doesn't have a clue how to make this group of players play as a team. I have no idea who could come in and improve us, but there must be someone better than this.

Poll: would you rather

we started the season playing exciting football on 17:15 - Dec 4 with 447 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I firmly believe it's down to having such an inexperienced coaching team.

But Cook chose that team, so it's of his doing.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

we started the season playing exciting football on 17:20 - Dec 4 with 403 viewsitfcserbia

It's such a delusion that we've been scoring plenty. We scored 36 goals in 20 games, out of those 14 came in 3 games, so really we average 1,3 goals per game.

Semper fidelis!
Poll: Would you sack Paul Cook?

we started the season playing exciting football on 17:22 - Dec 4 with 399 viewsChurchman

we started the season playing exciting football on 17:15 - Dec 4 by Marshalls_Mullet

I firmly believe it's down to having such an inexperienced coaching team.

But Cook chose that team, so it's of his doing.

It’s nothing to do with his coaches and everything to do him. The players he’s signed, the lack of balance and quality, team spirit and work ethic. Add in the inability of them to carry out what he wants, because they aren’t very good and you finish with a poor, toothless team that will do very well to finish mid table.
we started the season playing exciting football on 17:22 - Dec 4 with 388 viewsFtnfwest

we started the season playing exciting football on 17:20 - Dec 4 by itfcserbia

It's such a delusion that we've been scoring plenty. We scored 36 goals in 20 games, out of those 14 came in 3 games, so really we average 1,3 goals per game.

If you take out and disregard all the good bits, we’re definitely not as good
we started the season playing exciting football on 17:24 - Dec 4 with 371 viewsitfcserbia

we started the season playing exciting football on 17:22 - Dec 4 by Ftnfwest

If you take out and disregard all the good bits, we’re definitely not as good

I will leave that one bit against Wycombe. The other two bits against Portsmouth and Doncaster were gifted really, more than we achieved some avatar level of play.

And even 3 good bits from 20 games aren't good enough.

Semper fidelis!
Poll: Would you sack Paul Cook?

we started the season playing exciting football on 17:34 - Dec 4 with 327 viewsRyorry

we started the season playing exciting football on 17:22 - Dec 4 by Churchman

It’s nothing to do with his coaches and everything to do him. The players he’s signed, the lack of balance and quality, team spirit and work ethic. Add in the inability of them to carry out what he wants, because they aren’t very good and you finish with a poor, toothless team that will do very well to finish mid table.

I keep coming back to him having Leam Richardson at Wigan, and not having him now. It's becoming increasingly more difficult to avoid drawing the most obvious conclusion.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

we started the season playing exciting football on 17:37 - Dec 4 with 299 viewsSwansea_Blue

You could say exactly the same about the start of last season nder Lambert. Groundhog Day has nothing on us.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024