Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So McGreal was hired to assist Kieran with the u23s 21:59 - Dec 6 with 1428 viewsgalacticoblue

He is now the first team manager with Kieran assisting him. What’s that all about then?
So McGreal was hired to assist Kieran with the u23s on 22:03 - Dec 6 with 1380 viewsNthsuffolkblue

McGreal has experience of first team management and Dyer is not very well.

However, I can understand if Dyer would be a little unhappy with it. He will be gaining some experience for his CV, though.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

So McGreal was hired to assist Kieran with the u23s on 22:03 - Dec 6 with 1379 viewsITFC_Forever

Given some of the lunatics being linked to the job, I’d quite happily give it to him permanently.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

So McGreal was hired to assist Kieran with the u23s on 22:05 - Dec 6 with 1369 viewsGuthrum

Different situation. Managing the First Team (which McGreal had done at other clubs) as opposed to lending his expertise in certain areas to the established U23s Manager (which Dyer is).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

So McGreal was hired to assist Kieran with the u23s on 04:24 - Dec 7 with 1038 viewsgalacticoblue

So McGreal was hired to assist Kieran with the u23s on 22:03 - Dec 6 by Nthsuffolkblue

McGreal has experience of first team management and Dyer is not very well.

However, I can understand if Dyer would be a little unhappy with it. He will be gaining some experience for his CV, though.

It must to do with illness I guess- if normal circumstances Dyer would be undermined and peeved I would imagine.
So McGreal was hired to assist Kieran with the u23s on 06:21 - Dec 7 with 956 viewsChrisd

Interesting how people’s views have changed. When he was in charge of Colchester, many were touting him as a future Ipswich manager because of his connection with the club. It’ll be interesting to see how KD and JMc get on over the next few games at the helm. I thought many would want this type of combination?!

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

So McGreal was hired to assist Kieran with the u23s on 07:27 - Dec 7 with 862 viewsxrayspecs

He was interviewed for a role in the Academy last week which he got.
Club only decided to sack Cook on Satruday
McGreal has most management experience so was asked to step up.
Ashton expects to appoint an external candidate as manager, after which JM will return to his Academy role.

Not difficult is it.
So McGreal was hired to assist Kieran with the u23s on 07:29 - Dec 7 with 853 viewshype313

So McGreal was hired to assist Kieran with the u23s on 06:21 - Dec 7 by Chrisd

Interesting how people’s views have changed. When he was in charge of Colchester, many were touting him as a future Ipswich manager because of his connection with the club. It’ll be interesting to see how KD and JMc get on over the next few games at the helm. I thought many would want this type of combination?!

Everyone has this romantic notion that by bringing in ex players it will then make everything rosey, I get it, makes logical sense, but in reality we just want success whoeve rthat may be.

Didn't work for Lampard at Chelsea, Shearer at Newcastle and certainly not Gunn at Norwich!
[Post edited 7 Dec 2021 7:30]

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

So McGreal was hired to assist Kieran with the u23s on 07:48 - Dec 7 with 783 viewsgalacticoblue

So McGreal was hired to assist Kieran with the u23s on 07:27 - Dec 7 by xrayspecs

Ashton expects to appoint an external candidate as manager, after which JM will return to his Academy role.

Not difficult is it.

You missed the point about Dyers new assistant immediately jumping over him in the hierarchy - so I guess you have found it difficult
Login to get fewer ads

So McGreal was hired to assist Kieran with the u23s on 08:59 - Dec 7 with 658 viewshype313

So McGreal was hired to assist Kieran with the u23s on 07:27 - Dec 7 by xrayspecs

Not difficult is it.

I think that's a little naïve, Ashton said himself that they had been having discussions for the past few weeks, forgive my cynicism, but I believe they thought get McGreal in with one eye on Barrow result/Performances, at least they get some ducks in row.

I can't believe, given the organisation as a whole, and the nature of the US Investment, that it was all last minute.com

So McGreal was hired to assist Kieran with the u23s on 09:00 - Dec 7 with 655 viewsxrayspecs

So McGreal was hired to assist Kieran with the u23s on 07:48 - Dec 7 by galacticoblue

You missed the point about Dyers new assistant immediately jumping over him in the hierarchy - so I guess you have found it difficult

If you do not understand the difference between managing development squads (age groups, U23) and performance squads (first team), then you really are not that bright. The objectives and expectations are very different.

KD has never managed a performance squad, JM has. Simple.
So McGreal was hired to assist Kieran with the u23s on 09:05 - Dec 7 with 633 viewsxrayspecs

So McGreal was hired to assist Kieran with the u23s on 08:59 - Dec 7 by hype313

I think that's a little naïve, Ashton said himself that they had been having discussions for the past few weeks, forgive my cynicism, but I believe they thought get McGreal in with one eye on Barrow result/Performances, at least they get some ducks in row.

I can't believe, given the organisation as a whole, and the nature of the US Investment, that it was all last minute.com

JM has been around the club for some time now, and is local, so no great surprise that he has come on board.
On the timing, you may well be right, the club may well have had him in mind should a caretaker situation arise.
If we believe Ashton, the decision was only taken on Saturday.

The OP was questioning why JM has been given the caretaker role and not KD.
My point still stands, JM has first team management experience, KD does not.
So McGreal was hired to assist Kieran with the u23s on 09:08 - Dec 7 with 622 viewshype313

So McGreal was hired to assist Kieran with the u23s on 09:05 - Dec 7 by xrayspecs

JM has been around the club for some time now, and is local, so no great surprise that he has come on board.
On the timing, you may well be right, the club may well have had him in mind should a caretaker situation arise.
If we believe Ashton, the decision was only taken on Saturday.

The OP was questioning why JM has been given the caretaker role and not KD.
My point still stands, JM has first team management experience, KD does not.

I agree with you on your last point, and also Kieron is going through an illness so that probably played a part in the reasons why.

But I'd be surprised if they didn't have misgivings around Cook the past few weeks, and needed to get someone like McGreal in with one eye on Cooks and his teams departure.

So McGreal was hired to assist Kieran with the u23s on 09:12 - Dec 7 with 606 viewsxrayspecs

So McGreal was hired to assist Kieran with the u23s on 09:08 - Dec 7 by hype313

I agree with you on your last point, and also Kieron is going through an illness so that probably played a part in the reasons why.

But I'd be surprised if they didn't have misgivings around Cook the past few weeks, and needed to get someone like McGreal in with one eye on Cooks and his teams departure.

Quite possibly, although Klug has held caretaker position previously, so that could have been an option for a game or two.
So McGreal was hired to assist Kieran with the u23s on 10:00 - Dec 7 with 487 viewsChurchman

So McGreal was hired to assist Kieran with the u23s on 06:21 - Dec 7 by Chrisd

Given the woeful list of possibles, I wouldn’t be averse to McG/KD.

Mind you, if Alan Pardew throws his pompous little hat in the ring, then he’s the man and McG/KD can go back to the day jobs!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024