Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Liam Manning 20:05 - Dec 8 with 1512 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Seemed to come across well in interview before the match on TV.

MK Dons playing in front of a near empty stadium. Surely would be pleased to manage in front of a packed PR for his first 3 matches were he to be given the chance.

We need the right manager for the future not someone who has done it in the past or someone who is simply a big name.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Liam Manning on 20:16 - Dec 8 with 1420 viewsNthsuffolkblue

"Done very well after scoring the first goal this season, MK Dons".

Hmmm.

Liam Manning on 22:10 - Dec 8 with 1196 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Strikes me as similar to Eddie Howe in appearance and manner.

Didn't get the win tonight but doing very well overall.

Another one who I think is the right sort of character and I think will end up a very good assistant if not manager is Liam Rosenior.

Liam Manning on 22:14 - Dec 8 with 1168 viewscressi

Liam Manning on 22:10 - Dec 8 by Nthsuffolkblue

Strikes me as similar to Eddie Howe in appearance and manner.

Didn't get the win tonight but doing very well overall.

Another one who I think is the right sort of character and I think will end up a very good assistant if not manager is Liam Rosenior.

IF Manning never had the
ITFC connection would you want him
Not convinced he could deal with the pressure this job brings with demanding fans and owners
Liam Manning on 22:20 - Dec 8 with 1130 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Liam Manning on 22:14 - Dec 8 by cressi

IF Manning never had the
ITFC connection would you want him
Not convinced he could deal with the pressure this job brings with demanding fans and owners

I can't honestly answer whether I would because he does have the connection. He appears to be a young manager doing well in his first job. That makes me happy with him as an option. I understand the concern, though. The best option for me would be Mogga but to get him in would be a massive coup.

There are obviously are many other options who may not have been considered either. Not many really excite me but that might not be a bad thing based on how the previous ones have done.

Liam Manning on 22:24 - Dec 8 with 1113 viewsVaughan8

I have to admit, I'm not convinced. These players need someone to sort them out. Doesn't come across as that sort of manager and would the players have the correct respect for him. I don't know.

Seeing the fans last night, everyone has lost patience. I can't imagine he's gonna get the time "for the future" unless he hits the ground running.

I think some people are saying they want him from knowing very little about him.
Liam Manning on 22:30 - Dec 8 with 1077 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Liam Manning on 22:24 - Dec 8 by Vaughan8

I have to admit, I'm not convinced. These players need someone to sort them out. Doesn't come across as that sort of manager and would the players have the correct respect for him. I don't know.

Seeing the fans last night, everyone has lost patience. I can't imagine he's gonna get the time "for the future" unless he hits the ground running.

I think some people are saying they want him from knowing very little about him.

The best way to "sort them out" is to build a team spirit and treat different players according to whether they respond best to a rocket or an arm around their shoulders.

We have tried the disciplined sergeant-major approach and it didn't work. Manning has been able to get the MK Dons team playing together. Why would he not be able to build a team spirit here?

Liam Manning on 22:33 - Dec 8 with 1053 viewsStokieBlue

Liam Manning on 22:24 - Dec 8 by Vaughan8

I find it strange that many of our fans think yelling at the players is somehow going to sort them out. The players aren't 5 years old.

All this talk of enforcer types is misguided in my opinion.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Liam Manning on 22:36 - Dec 8 with 1028 viewsjayessess

Liam Manning on 22:33 - Dec 8 by StokieBlue

I find it strange that many of our fans think yelling at the players is somehow going to sort them out. The players aren't 5 years old.

SB

Or that all these players, most of whom have never played any higher than the English lower leagues, are somehow above listening to a coach they don't deem to have the requisite gravitas.

"Why would Sam Morsy listen to John Mcgreal?" when Sam Morsy has got zero chance of replicating John McGreal's playing career.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Login to get fewer ads

Liam Manning on 22:38 - Dec 8 with 1016 viewsVaughan8

Liam Manning on 22:30 - Dec 8 by Nthsuffolkblue

The best way to "sort them out" is to build a team spirit and treat different players according to whether they respond best to a rocket or an arm around their shoulders.

We have tried the disciplined sergeant-major approach and it didn't work. Manning has been able to get the MK Dons team playing together. Why would he not be able to build a team spirit here?

Has he created the team spirit or was it already there? From what I've read he has carried on from where Russell left off.

I don't know much about MK Dons so I'm not going to say I'm an expert and his background seems to be good but I think the love for him is a bit OTT.

Whatever happens, the appointment needs to right. I'd be interested to know if the new manager would get a "free hit" this season, or are the owners still expecting promotion/playoffs?
Liam Manning on 22:40 - Dec 8 with 987 viewsVaughan8

SB

Its all about opinions though. Why don't you think that wouldn't work? It might.

Also I didn't say they had to yell at people.....
[Post edited 8 Dec 2021 22:40]
Liam Manning on 22:41 - Dec 8 with 966 viewsVaughan8

Liam Manning on 22:36 - Dec 8 by jayessess

Or that all these players, most of whom have never played any higher than the English lower leagues, are somehow above listening to a coach they don't deem to have the requisite gravitas.

"Why would Sam Morsy listen to John Mcgreal?" when Sam Morsy has got zero chance of replicating John McGreal's playing career.

Correct, but that isn't what anyone has said. Mcgreal played at a high level?
Liam Manning on 22:42 - Dec 8 with 964 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Liam Manning on 22:38 - Dec 8 by Vaughan8

Has he created the team spirit or was it already there? From what I've read he has carried on from where Russell left off.

I don't know much about MK Dons so I'm not going to say I'm an expert and his background seems to be good but I think the love for him is a bit OTT.

Whatever happens, the appointment needs to right. I'd be interested to know if the new manager would get a "free hit" this season, or are the owners still expecting promotion/playoffs?

Maybe he hasn't created it but he has been there as an assistant whilst it has been developed and should know what it takes. Of course, it may be that we have a group of players who are determined to ruin their own careers and won't allow anyone to mould them into a team but if that is the case then even Jose Mourinho wouldn't be able to haul us away from mid-table mediocrity. I would just ask why is it that these players would not want to buy into the project?

Liam Manning on 22:51 - Dec 8 with 922 viewsChurchman

Even if wanted, he won’t come here. He has a good job at MK Dons working for good people. Why change it? Crowd and potential? Well, he’d get about six weeks with our crowd and about six months with our owners, if they stick around. There’s nothing in it for him.

Until his name was plastered on this board, I’d never taken any notice of him tbh. He’s clearly doing a good job though.
Liam Manning on 23:12 - Dec 8 with 822 viewsjayessess

Liam Manning on 22:41 - Dec 8 by Vaughan8

Correct, but that isn't what anyone has said. Mcgreal played at a high level?

Yeah, over 50 games in the Premier League. Sam Morsy's never going to manage that, probably no one in our squad will.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Liam Manning on 23:12 - Dec 8 with 818 viewscressi

Liam Manning on 22:42 - Dec 8 by Nthsuffolkblue

Maybe he hasn't created it but he has been there as an assistant whilst it has been developed and should know what it takes. Of course, it may be that we have a group of players who are determined to ruin their own careers and won't allow anyone to mould them into a team but if that is the case then even Jose Mourinho wouldn't be able to haul us away from mid-table mediocrity. I would just ask why is it that these players would not want to buy into the project?

He wasn't there as a assistant came after Martin left.
Liam Manning on 08:26 - Dec 9 with 562 viewsitfcjoe

SB

You can't pick a manager based on the feelings of fans who turn up for a couple of London away games a season - we've seen nothing like that atmosphere at Portman Road.

So much being read into the fans lack of patience based on Tuesday - if we go for an enforcer based of that it is mad as you say.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024