Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This brings the Norwood conundrum to the fore 16:46 - Dec 11 with 1554 viewsTrequartista

Norwood says Cook has been brilliant and his hands were tied.
Cook didn't even select him in the squad
McGreal selects him and he scores.

The only truth that seems to fit this is that Ashton banned Cook from selecting him and has lifted that ban for McGreal. Why would he do that? Media don't seem to be able to get answer.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

This brings the Norwood conundrum to the fore on 16:47 - Dec 11 with 1516 viewsWacko

Or Cook told Norwood a massive porky

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

This brings the Norwood conundrum to the fore on 16:47 - Dec 11 with 1487 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I would not try to make too much sense of most of what Norwood says.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

This brings the Norwood conundrum to the fore on 16:53 - Dec 11 with 1371 viewsjeera

This brings the Norwood conundrum to the fore on 16:47 - Dec 11 by Nthsuffolkblue

I would not try to make too much sense of most of what Norwood says.

There's just no point in speculating is there.

You could drive yourself mad with it all.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

This brings the Norwood conundrum to the fore on 16:56 - Dec 11 with 1280 viewspointofblue

Ashton was happy to hide behind Cook with the ban, Cook left, Norwood called it out, Ashton lifted in an attempt to prove otherwise.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

This brings the Norwood conundrum to the fore on 16:57 - Dec 11 with 1228 viewsDubtractor

This brings the Norwood conundrum to the fore on 16:47 - Dec 11 by Wacko

Let's be honest, this is the most plausible reason isn't it?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

This brings the Norwood conundrum to the fore on 16:59 - Dec 11 with 1159 viewsTrequartista

This brings the Norwood conundrum to the fore on 16:56 - Dec 11 by pointofblue

Ashton was happy to hide behind Cook with the ban, Cook left, Norwood called it out, Ashton lifted in an attempt to prove otherwise.

Sounds plausible - Cook kept saying he was available for selection whilst the media outlets were saying he wasn't. Whilst Norwood was out, it wasn't really a big issue, but now he's back in the fans deserve an answer.

This brings the Norwood conundrum to the fore on 17:01 - Dec 11 with 1091 viewsNthsuffolkblue

You appear to have missed off "def info".

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

This brings the Norwood conundrum to the fore on 17:04 - Dec 11 with 1037 views44_not_out

How about we also bring in a Director of Football and new manager/head coach?

Then Ashton can continue putting stickers up and dealing with contracts and leave the football side of things to people who know what they’re doing.
Login to get fewer ads

This brings the Norwood conundrum to the fore on 19:12 - Dec 11 with 783 viewsGuthrum

This brings the Norwood conundrum to the fore on 16:59 - Dec 11 by Trequartista

Sounds plausible - Cook kept saying he was available for selection whilst the media outlets were saying he wasn't. Whilst Norwood was out, it wasn't really a big issue, but now he's back in the fans deserve an answer.

More likely Cook just preferred to stick with his first choice of Bonne as a lone striker. After all, he barely played Pigott, either.

All this pantomime about Ashton giving orders on player availability over the head of the Manager, then reversing them due to some oblique comment on Twitter (coincidentally just after the latter is sacked) sounds extraordinarily far fetched to me. These aren't 10-year-olds making playground gangs, they're experienced senior administrators and coaches.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

This brings the Norwood conundrum to the fore on 19:16 - Dec 11 with 731 viewsZXBlue

This brings the Norwood conundrum to the fore on 19:12 - Dec 11 by Guthrum

More likely Cook just preferred to stick with his first choice of Bonne as a lone striker. After all, he barely played Pigott, either.

All this pantomime about Ashton giving orders on player availability over the head of the Manager, then reversing them due to some oblique comment on Twitter (coincidentally just after the latter is sacked) sounds extraordinarily far fetched to me. These aren't 10-year-olds making playground gangs, they're experienced senior administrators and coaches.

The number of people simply making stuff up about things they have no information on is absurd.

Stop buying the bitter Bristol fans' narrative about Ashton ffs
This brings the Norwood conundrum to the fore on 19:17 - Dec 11 with 726 viewsSamWhiteUK

I think I side with Norwood on this one. I don't see what reason he has to lie, whereas Ashton is media-facing and going to be a master of spin.
This brings the Norwood conundrum to the fore on 19:19 - Dec 11 with 718 viewswkj

Im quite pleased. If he scores a few - it'll add a few quid to his transfer value.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

This brings the Norwood conundrum to the fore on 19:23 - Dec 11 with 698 viewsGeminiblue

Maybe his hands were tied by performance and fitness guys rather than Ashton, and having played the last two u23 matches that was part of his journey back to fitness and subsequent availability to the first team. Just a possibility but no idea what goes on behind the scenes.
This brings the Norwood conundrum to the fore on 19:24 - Dec 11 with 684 viewswkj

This brings the Norwood conundrum to the fore on 16:47 - Dec 11 by Wacko

Seems the most likely thing - although "My hands are tied" can be steeped in delicious ambiguity that would confuse the 'Bants Meister'

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

This brings the Norwood conundrum to the fore on 19:38 - Dec 11 with 632 viewsTrequartista

This brings the Norwood conundrum to the fore on 19:12 - Dec 11 by Guthrum

I'm not saying it was strange he wasn't selected ahead of Bonne or Pigott. Norwood was banished from the squad and was training with the U23s with local media adamant in saying that was it for him here. Why would Norwood go out of his way to praise Cook for that?

This brings the Norwood conundrum to the fore on 19:41 - Dec 11 with 614 viewsTrequartista

This brings the Norwood conundrum to the fore on 19:23 - Dec 11 by Geminiblue

Maybe his hands were tied by performance and fitness guys rather than Ashton, and having played the last two u23 matches that was part of his journey back to fitness and subsequent availability to the first team. Just a possibility but no idea what goes on behind the scenes.

I hadn't considered that. Not beyond the realms of possibility but didn't Norwood come back this season much more trim and his removal from the squad co-incided with the drink-driving verdict or appeal? It's possible he let his fitness go at the same time i suppose.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024