Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Playing devil’s advocate….. 17:47 - Dec 16 with 864 viewsblueysbackside

A question:
If McK is appointed, would the Cook outers still be happy
ie Is this the appointment the Cook outers wanted?
I’m underwhelmed tbh but, hey, things can’t getxany worse, can they?
Playing devil’s advocate….. on 17:48 - Dec 16 with 843 viewsHerbivore

I'd be happy, yes. Cook was failing and I don't personally care much about a manager's CV, I'm more interested in what they actually do here.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Playing devil’s advocate….. on 17:49 - Dec 16 with 842 viewsJ2BLUE

"At least things can't get any worse!" - Town fans multiple times a season for the last 5+ years.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Playing devil’s advocate….. on 17:50 - Dec 16 with 826 viewsWacko

Yes absolutely delighted. At last Town are taking a risk and trying to catch a star on the rise rather than "tried and tested" hasbeens

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

Playing devil’s advocate….. on 17:57 - Dec 16 with 780 viewsjayessess

WIth an appointment with no previous managerial experience, you sort of have to surrender yourself to the club hierarchy's judgement, don't you? With an experienced coach you can judge their work to date, but a rookie we've nothing to go on.

As such I don't think there's much basis to be underwhelmed or overwhelmed.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Playing devil’s advocate….. on 18:04 - Dec 16 with 740 viewsblueysbackside

Playing devil’s advocate….. on 17:48 - Dec 16 by Herbivore

I'd be happy, yes. Cook was failing and I don't personally care much about a manager's CV, I'm more interested in what they actually do here.

Season’s greetings, H.
I just can’t help thinking we need a Warnock type at the mo. This appointment tells me we’re writing off the season, rightly or wrongly, and taking a longer-term view. Thoughts?
Playing devil’s advocate….. on 19:31 - Dec 16 with 650 viewsHerbivore

Playing devil’s advocate….. on 18:04 - Dec 16 by blueysbackside

Season’s greetings, H.
I just can’t help thinking we need a Warnock type at the mo. This appointment tells me we’re writing off the season, rightly or wrongly, and taking a longer-term view. Thoughts?

I think Warnock is the last thing we need. He's yesterday's man. If the club genuinely has a long term goal to build sustainably I don't see a 73 year old gun for hire really being part of that plan. Plus he's a knob.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Playing devil’s advocate….. on 00:03 - Dec 17 with 538 viewsTangledupin_Blue

I'm a Cook outer.

I have been advocating an experienced manager. Would have liked Warnock and would've been content with Harris.

But we now have McKenna and Pert; it is certainly a bold move, a gamble. Could all go wrong. On the other hand we could have the next Wenger or Pep on our hands.

I am more excited, at this moment, than I have been in years and fully looking forward to the next few games.

Play-offs here we come!

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Playing devil’s advocate….. on 00:08 - Dec 17 with 516 viewsStrimmer

As a give him-more-timer I’m glad I kept my powder dry on ‘look I told you there’d be chaos!’ Because I’m quite keen on this appointment. As many have said, yes it’s a gamble, yes it’s bold and yes the ceiling for McKenna is very high.

But what I like most is it’s a clear, decisive move in one direction. No half measures, no hedging. And what’s the point of a mega money take over if you’re going to play the percentages.

Poll: Was it a punch?

Login to get fewer ads

Playing devil’s advocate….. on 00:20 - Dec 17 with 479 viewsSwansea_Blue

I wasn’t a “Cook outer” (there were few and I don’t see what people gain from being confrontational), yet I’m reasonably happy in principle with the route we’ve gone down. It seems sensible for where we are. And it’s not Alan Pardew, or any other failed manager on the circuit who’d bring nothing unique to us.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024