Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lots of knee boo people there yesterday 17:17 - Dec 19 with 2196 viewsBLUEBEAT

Disappointing

Poll: W or W

Lots of knee boo people there yesterday on 17:19 - Dec 19 with 2164 viewsjeera

Were there?

That's really disappointing.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Lots of knee boo people there yesterday on 17:20 - Dec 19 with 2154 viewsMullet

Do you mean racists?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Lots of knee boo people there yesterday on 17:22 - Dec 19 with 2132 viewsBLUEBEAT

Lots of knee boo people there yesterday on 17:20 - Dec 19 by Mullet

Do you mean racists?

Assume majority of them are recognised racists.

Others accidental racists via ignorance and arrogance.

Lots of knee boo people there yesterday on 17:23 - Dec 19 with 2111 viewsMetal_Hacker

I was only watching on ifollow but I assumed it was for the Sunderland players not taking the knee ?

Poll: If it were one or the other

Lots of knee boo people there yesterday on 17:25 - Dec 19 with 2089 viewssibrespace

Not sure that’s right. Sunderland players didn’t take the knee and the booing was aimed at them.
Lots of knee boo people there yesterday on 17:27 - Dec 19 with 2067 viewsBLUEBEAT

Lots of knee boo people there yesterday on 17:23 - Dec 19 by Metal_Hacker

I was only watching on ifollow but I assumed it was for the Sunderland players not taking the knee ?

Possibly, yes.

I also witnessed an incident in the usually very mild “I Block” where a few regulars turned on a repeat Boo-ist. Was interesting to see how the stewards handled it.

Lots of knee boo people there yesterday on 17:27 - Dec 19 with 2058 viewsjeera

Lots of knee boo people there yesterday on 17:25 - Dec 19 by sibrespace

Not sure that’s right. Sunderland players didn’t take the knee and the booing was aimed at them.

That's interesting. I missed the few minutes so didn't catch that.

Wonder what reasoning there was for that.

Was it the whole team or just a few?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Lots of knee boo people there yesterday on 17:27 - Dec 19 with 2054 viewsMullet

Lots of knee boo people there yesterday on 17:22 - Dec 19 by BLUEBEAT

Assume majority of them are recognised racists.

Others accidental racists via ignorance and arrogance.

Not sure if recognise them. Racists all look the same to me.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Login to get fewer ads

Lots of knee boo people there yesterday on 17:27 - Dec 19 with 2046 viewsMetal_Hacker

Lots of knee boo people there yesterday on 17:27 - Dec 19 by jeera

That's interesting. I missed the few minutes so didn't catch that.

Wonder what reasoning there was for that.

Was it the whole team or just a few?

All of them

Lots of knee boo people there yesterday on 17:30 - Dec 19 with 2010 viewsbraveblue

Aimed at Sunderland for not kneeling I think.
Lots of knee boo people there yesterday on 17:30 - Dec 19 with 2013 viewsLankHenners

Definite booing from the Sunderland end so not sure how that fits the 'they were booing not taking the knee' narrative.

A shame if it was happening in other parts of the ground among home fans as the response to it has been very good this season.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Lots of knee boo people there yesterday on 17:35 - Dec 19 with 1963 viewsMetal_Hacker

Lots of knee boo people there yesterday on 17:30 - Dec 19 by LankHenners

Definite booing from the Sunderland end so not sure how that fits the 'they were booing not taking the knee' narrative.

A shame if it was happening in other parts of the ground among home fans as the response to it has been very good this season.

Maybe the Sunderland end were booing because we took the knee ?

Who knows

Lots of knee boo people there yesterday on 17:38 - Dec 19 with 1940 viewsSuffolktractor

Fairly sure it was some Sunderland fans, seemed to be down their end.
Most Town fans around me were expressing surprise and disappointment that Sunderland didn’t take the knee.
Lots of knee boo people there yesterday on 18:53 - Dec 19 with 1664 viewsBluedandy

Will be interesting to see if England players take the knee in Qatar World Cup ..

Imagine they will, but will beg the question why if they're simultaneously happy enough to play football in a country where gay couples face up to seven years in jail.

If players were genuinely serious about combatting prejudice and hate in all its forms they would not play in Qatar.

They won't though which is why taking the knee is seen by many as pointless performative tokenism.
Lots of knee boo people there yesterday on 19:10 - Dec 19 with 1526 viewsBlueBadger

Lots of knee boo people there yesterday on 18:53 - Dec 19 by Bluedandy

Will be interesting to see if England players take the knee in Qatar World Cup ..

Imagine they will, but will beg the question why if they're simultaneously happy enough to play football in a country where gay couples face up to seven years in jail.

If players were genuinely serious about combatting prejudice and hate in all its forms they would not play in Qatar.

They won't though which is why taking the knee is seen by many as pointless performative tokenism.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Lots of knee boo people there yesterday on 19:11 - Dec 19 with 1522 viewsBlueBadger

Lots of knee boo people there yesterday on 18:53 - Dec 19 by Bluedandy

Well, this is ironic.

We are really sh*t aren't we by Bluedandy 9 Oct 2021 20:45
Oh bless, the narcissistic keyboard contrarian needs some attention.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024