Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No way are we making a profit on Fraser 10:39 - Jan 31 with 1201 viewsitfcjoe

If the fee is higher it will be because we have to pay him off more for Charlton to take on his contract

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

No way are we making a profit on Fraser on 10:40 - Jan 31 with 1158 viewsJ2BLUE

Agreed. You'd have though this was obvious really...

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

No way are we making a profit on Fraser on 10:51 - Jan 31 with 1030 viewsjayessess

Stranger things have happened?

We signed Fraser in July from a club who had already signed his replacement and were presumably looking to cash in. AFAIK we were the only club in for him, so we wouldn't have needed to blow anyone else's wage offer out of the water.

We clearly aren't desperate to get him out the door right this moment and it's transfer deadline day. I don't think it's implausible that we've said to Charlton, "this is the price, take it or leave it" and they've said yes.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

No way are we making a profit on Fraser on 10:53 - Jan 31 with 993 viewschicoazul

Unless he’s very keen to leave it seems a very odd one, this.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

No way are we making a profit on Fraser on 10:54 - Jan 31 with 972 viewsTonytown

I’d be very surprised if that was the case.

I would expect us to at least get back what we paid for him and for Charlton to be matching his salary.
No way are we making a profit on Fraser on 10:58 - Jan 31 with 914 viewstractorboy1978

No way are we making a profit on Fraser on 10:53 - Jan 31 by chicoazul

Unless he’s very keen to leave it seems a very odd one, this.

Not sure it is odd at all - if we can roughly recoup our outlay for a player that seems nowhere near the team, that makes sense surely. Selling him whilst his stock is still pretty high, he becomes a depreciating asset the longer his contract goes on and the longer he doesn't play. It's a shame because I was really excited by the signing and he's a talented player but he doesn't fit right now clearly.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2022 10:59]
No way are we making a profit on Fraser on 11:04 - Jan 31 with 837 viewsclive_baker

I'm sure Charlton are capable of paying the guy what he's on here. If they can afford to pay a fee north of £500k for him then I would imagine they can afford to give him £7k a week or whatever he's commanding. They were paying a big chunk of Harry Arter's wages allegedly, and now he's gone back I would think there's something in the pot.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

No way are we making a profit on Fraser on 12:50 - Jan 31 with 529 viewsbraveblue

We have good people in charge of these negotiations now. Not a mouthpiece. Completely possible.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024