Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dean Smith 20:44 - Mar 2 with 1809 viewsVeggie

I’m so glad they’ve got him
Dean Smith on 20:49 - Mar 2 with 1787 viewsNthsuffolkblue

He won a couple of games when he first came in and took them out of the relegation zone.

However, he is now starting to look like he is a far better fit.

Despite sacking Farke for winning a match, they were obviously willing to forgive D Smith as he was only just bedding in. He has soon learnt how to lose, though.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Dean Smith on 20:54 - Mar 2 with 1746 viewsArnieM

I think the new manager bounce might be over now, thankfully.

Anfield is like a morgue tonight…. But I suppose it is Liverpool reserves …..oooo great goal LFC !

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Dean Smith on 21:00 - Mar 2 with 1712 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Dean Smith on 20:54 - Mar 2 by ArnieM

I think the new manager bounce might be over now, thankfully.

Anfield is like a morgue tonight…. But I suppose it is Liverpool reserves …..oooo great goal LFC !

nodge seem to be not bothering to mark at the back post whenever the ball is put in from either side.

Dean Smith on 21:04 - Mar 2 with 1679 viewsArnieM

Dean Smith on 21:00 - Mar 2 by Nthsuffolkblue

nodge seem to be not bothering to mark at the back post whenever the ball is put in from either side.

Tbh it looks like a game where both sides have made so many changes, and lacking in that understanding you get with regular team mates…. Just my view though, you understand.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Dean Smith on 21:20 - Mar 2 with 1584 viewsFixed_It

Just watched the last few minutes of the first half. Sounds like a training match. Zero atmosphere. I guess the crowd just can't get excited about it.
Naarwich had a shot - not a peep from their fans. Have they fallen asleep?

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Dean Smith on 21:23 - Mar 2 with 1554 viewsclive_baker

Never really got the Dean Smith hype myself. Don’t see what he did at Brentford that was so special, and only took a ridiculous Villa squad to 5th in the Champs. Had they lost that p/off final he would’ve been sacked and regarded a failure.

Don’t think it’s his fault Norwich are going to go down, but equally it wasn’t Farke’s either. Might as well have kept the guy that’s got them promoted twice at a canter. Wouldn’t surprise me if Norwich find it much tougher to challenge for the top 2 next season.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Dean Smith on 21:51 - Mar 2 with 1452 viewsjaykay

Dean Smith on 20:49 - Mar 2 by Nthsuffolkblue

He won a couple of games when he first came in and took them out of the relegation zone.

However, he is now starting to look like he is a far better fit.

Despite sacking Farke for winning a match, they were obviously willing to forgive D Smith as he was only just bedding in. He has soon learnt how to lose, though.

have norwich been out of the bottom 3 this season ?

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Dean Smith on 21:55 - Mar 2 with 1430 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Dean Smith on 21:51 - Mar 2 by jaykay

have norwich been out of the bottom 3 this season ?

Thought so after Smith won a couple but I may have been wrong. They are certainly rooted back in it now.

Login to get fewer ads

Dean Smith on 21:58 - Mar 2 with 1409 viewsIllinoisblue

Liverpool have been pisspoor this second half.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Dean Smith on 21:59 - Mar 2 with 1396 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Dean Smith on 21:58 - Mar 2 by Illinoisblue

Liverpool have been pisspoor this second half.

Thought they had already finished the job didn't they?

And, to be fair, they probably have.

In the league the other week they enjoyed toying with them by letting them take the lead for a little while.

Dean Smith on 23:09 - Mar 2 with 1189 viewstractordownsouth

Dean Smith on 21:23 - Mar 2 by clive_baker

Never really got the Dean Smith hype myself. Don’t see what he did at Brentford that was so special, and only took a ridiculous Villa squad to 5th in the Champs. Had they lost that p/off final he would’ve been sacked and regarded a failure.

Don’t think it’s his fault Norwich are going to go down, but equally it wasn’t Farke’s either. Might as well have kept the guy that’s got them promoted twice at a canter. Wouldn’t surprise me if Norwich find it much tougher to challenge for the top 2 next season.

In fairness he took over Villa in October when they were in the bottom half so he did a decent job that season. In his previous jobs his teams played nice football, but didn't win anything. I think next year will be a big one for him - his future prospects will depend a lot on whether he can get them promoted.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Dean Smith on 09:55 - Mar 3 with 852 viewsBlueBlood90

Dean Smith on 21:23 - Mar 2 by clive_baker

You forgot to mention that he spent £120m, had Grealish in the team and still would've been relegated with Villa if it hadn't been for goal line technology (and the VAR refs eyes) not working.

Poll: How many points will we get from Coventry and Huddersfield?

Dean Smith on 11:27 - Mar 3 with 711 viewsclive_baker

Dean Smith on 23:09 - Mar 2 by tractordownsouth

In fairness he took over Villa in October when they were in the bottom half so he did a decent job that season. In his previous jobs his teams played nice football, but didn't win anything. I think next year will be a big one for him - his future prospects will depend a lot on whether he can get them promoted.

True although they were only 4 points off 5th where they eventually finished. I just think with that squad they were pretty underwhelming that season. Even in the game they beat us 2-1 at their place I didn't think they were anything special, but ultimately he got them up I guess, which is all that matters. Brentford played nice football but as you say didn't win anything, I wouldn't say he over achieved there particularly, they had a very good set up and an ambitious owner, and he kept them upper middle in the Championship. They've certainly gone on to better things since Smith left.

Agree next season will be a big one for him, I think his best hope of managing in the Premier League beyond May is to get Norwich back there, I can't imagine he'll be getting offers otherwise. I just think it was so short sighted to sack Farke, he had clearly proven he knew how to get them up from the Championship (twice). The issue they have is they didn't back him enough in the Premier League, it was such a cop out to sack him.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024