Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If we win on Tuesday 15:46 - Mar 6 with 1286 viewsclive_baker

We’ll have more points from KM’s 14 games than the prior 23 this season.

Silly really.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

If we win on Tuesday on 15:49 - Mar 6 with 1267 viewsIllinoisblue

All those points thrown away early in the season. Sickening. And I see Cooky’s Chesterfield conceded a late equaliser at home yesterday.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

If we win on Tuesday on 15:58 - Mar 6 with 1203 viewsBlueBadger

McK: 13 games, 27 points, 9 clean sheets by BlueBadger 5 Mar 2022 16:57
Poor old Cookie. Sacked just as we were on the verge of gelling.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

If we win on Tuesday on 16:00 - Mar 6 with 1196 viewsFrimleyBlue

Even more frustrating when you think of how many points we lost through individual errors too... evans & wolfy losing the ball outside our box . That goal which penney left at the far post etc. 6 maybe more points without those

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

If we win on Tuesday on 16:09 - Mar 6 with 1155 viewsclive_baker

If we win on Tuesday on 16:00 - Mar 6 by FrimleyBlue

Even more frustrating when you think of how many points we lost through individual errors too... evans & wolfy losing the ball outside our box . That goal which penney left at the far post etc. 6 maybe more points without those

Although when you’re so disorganised defensively and as cavalier in your approach as we were, you maximise your chances of shipping goals, whether it be individual errors or otherwise. It’s a percentages game, we’re so much better in and out of possession now that it stands to reason that we’ll concede less goals both through control of possession and a better defensive shape. Prevention is better than cure.

We were sh1t under Cook, he just seemed to rely on having better quality players for the most part. Never struck me as being anywhere near as into the detail as KM.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

If we win on Tuesday on 16:12 - Mar 6 with 1139 viewsFrimleyBlue

If we win on Tuesday on 16:09 - Mar 6 by clive_baker

Although when you’re so disorganised defensively and as cavalier in your approach as we were, you maximise your chances of shipping goals, whether it be individual errors or otherwise. It’s a percentages game, we’re so much better in and out of possession now that it stands to reason that we’ll concede less goals both through control of possession and a better defensive shape. Prevention is better than cure.

We were sh1t under Cook, he just seemed to rely on having better quality players for the most part. Never struck me as being anywhere near as into the detail as KM.

Yeah you can't imagine PC getting players watching prem videos and then working with them individually on how to improve their game.

He openly admitted its doing the same thing over and over again until you get better at doing what you are doing rather than looking at the bigger picture and getting more from individuals.

I'm really intrigued to see the likes of Edwards, Harper. Even dobra in the summer. ( I don't think dobs is done yet)
[Post edited 6 Mar 2022 16:17]

Waka waka eh eh

If we win on Tuesday on 16:20 - Mar 6 with 1100 viewsSitfcB

If we win on Tuesday on 16:00 - Mar 6 by FrimleyBlue

If Fraser had scored that penalty at Burton and Bonne that chance at Cheltenham then the season would’ve been totally different and Cook would still be here imo.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

If we win on Tuesday on 16:22 - Mar 6 with 1083 viewstractorshark

If we win on Tuesday on 16:09 - Mar 6 by clive_baker

Spot on. Cook poached rather than coached.

He just hoped a new broom approach would eventually pay dividends but a lot of managers with a previous promotion on their CV are discovering the game has moved on.

I didn’t want Cook at the start but I freely admit I didn’t think he should have been sacked when he was. And that was partly down to a so-called shortlist of successors like Harris, McInnes etc who offered nothing different.

But McKenna has a higher ceiling compared to all of those. I am mightily impressed with him, particularly his tactical acumen.

Look at Saturday, replacing a striker with a defensive midfielder on paper looks questionable when you’re chasing a win but it worked. Look at MK Dons away when they were dominating the first 15 minutes, quick tweak to the midfield and suddenly we’re in control.

How many times under Cook did we start well, only for the opposition to work us out, adjust tactically and win or draw the game.

There will no doubt be bumps in the road but McKenna has got me feeling optimistic about Ipswich for the first time in seven years.
If we win on Tuesday on 16:23 - Mar 6 with 1074 viewsFrimleyBlue

If we win on Tuesday on 16:20 - Mar 6 by SitfcB

If Fraser had scored that penalty at Burton and Bonne that chance at Cheltenham then the season would’ve been totally different and Cook would still be here imo.

Very good point

They do say things happen for a reason.....

Waka waka eh eh

Login to get fewer ads

If we win on Tuesday on 16:30 - Mar 6 with 1054 viewsN2_Blue

If we win on Tuesday on 16:22 - Mar 6 by tractorshark

Spot on. Cook poached rather than coached.

He just hoped a new broom approach would eventually pay dividends but a lot of managers with a previous promotion on their CV are discovering the game has moved on.

I didn’t want Cook at the start but I freely admit I didn’t think he should have been sacked when he was. And that was partly down to a so-called shortlist of successors like Harris, McInnes etc who offered nothing different.

But McKenna has a higher ceiling compared to all of those. I am mightily impressed with him, particularly his tactical acumen.

Look at Saturday, replacing a striker with a defensive midfielder on paper looks questionable when you’re chasing a win but it worked. Look at MK Dons away when they were dominating the first 15 minutes, quick tweak to the midfield and suddenly we’re in control.

How many times under Cook did we start well, only for the opposition to work us out, adjust tactically and win or draw the game.

There will no doubt be bumps in the road but McKenna has got me feeling optimistic about Ipswich for the first time in seven years.

its strange how you didn't want cook and then yet thought it was too early to sack him when we did -- despite being awful. It's the opposite of me.

I freely admit i wanted Cook here and thought he was what we needed. I couldn't have been more wrong - 'one of the lads' type managers fail as soon as things start going wrong. It never actually even really got going!

I then thought we sacked him 2 or 3 games too late.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

If we win on Tuesday on 16:35 - Mar 6 with 1015 viewsFrimleyBlue

If we win on Tuesday on 16:30 - Mar 6 by N2_Blue

its strange how you didn't want cook and then yet thought it was too early to sack him when we did -- despite being awful. It's the opposite of me.

I freely admit i wanted Cook here and thought he was what we needed. I couldn't have been more wrong - 'one of the lads' type managers fail as soon as things start going wrong. It never actually even really got going!

As you know I loved PC coming in.

Why wouldn't you his success was what we needed.

But the Fraser use an That Bolton game was the one that turned it for me. 2 full weeks of training and we played like that, was a shambles for me and I'd lost trust then.

Waka waka eh eh

If we win on Tuesday...IF! on 17:13 - Mar 6 with 904 viewsScuzzer

Where's your confidence?

Established 1968

If we win on Tuesday on 17:44 - Mar 6 with 790 viewstractorshark

If we win on Tuesday on 16:30 - Mar 6 by N2_Blue

I think my feelings towards Cook at the time of his appointment were clouded by my Pompey mates telling me what a fraud he was. Screwed up promotion in his first season with them and then only managed it in his second season because he couldn’t really fail again with the squad he had.

I also felt a lot of Ipswich fans were seduced by the evidence of two cup games. But he never once struck me as tactically astute when he was here, although he clearly wasn’t helped by his inexperienced assistants. When he turned to Peter Reid, I think that was a shark jumped.

The irony is I thought sacking him when we did would actually write off the rest of the season. But as you quite rightly state, we should have done it sooner.
If we win on Tuesday on 18:14 - Mar 6 with 710 viewsgtsb1966

If we win on Tuesday on 16:20 - Mar 6 by SitfcB

I don't think he would have been.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024