Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Go to jail, directly to jail 19:55 - Apr 11 with 1849 viewsHARRY10

With the conviction of Tory MP Imran Ahmad Khan there should be an immediate by election - along with the resignation of the 'friend of Charlie' fellow Tory MP David Warburton.

That the Tories will no doubt try to delay things, given Blubbas disastrous time in office, they should not be allowed hold up the process.

The country desperately needs this incompetent shyster gone, with failure hitting the voters from every direction.

"Boot out the Bloater" should be the slogan on the lips of every caring, decent voter
Go to jail, directly to jail on 19:58 - Apr 11 with 1797 viewssolemio

Not a good week for people called Imran Khan.
Go to jail, directly to jail on 20:30 - Apr 11 with 1718 viewsPinewoodblue

There ae procedures and they are easy to understand. First off it depends on the sentence he receives. If it not long enough for him to be dismissed from parliament no decision is taken until after any appeal. If no appeal or he loses an appeal.

The electorate in his constituency can then raise a petition for him to be removed. If 10% of those on the electoral roll sign within six weeks he is removed as MP and a by-election called. He has the right to seek re-election which I suppose is fair.

He could of course to the honourable think and apply to be chief Steward and bailiff of the Chiltern Hundreds.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Go to jail, directly to jail on 22:15 - Apr 11 with 1558 viewsfactual_blue

Go to jail, directly to jail on 20:30 - Apr 11 by Pinewoodblue

There ae procedures and they are easy to understand. First off it depends on the sentence he receives. If it not long enough for him to be dismissed from parliament no decision is taken until after any appeal. If no appeal or he loses an appeal.

The electorate in his constituency can then raise a petition for him to be removed. If 10% of those on the electoral roll sign within six weeks he is removed as MP and a by-election called. He has the right to seek re-election which I suppose is fair.

He could of course to the honourable think and apply to be chief Steward and bailiff of the Chiltern Hundreds.

However, if he's sentenced to more than twelve months imprisonment, he will be automatically dismissed as a Member of Parliament without the need for a recall petition.

Although no sanctions come into being until the failure of any appeal on his part.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-61031276

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Go to jail, directly to jail on 22:40 - Apr 11 with 1506 viewsElderGrizzly

Go to jail, directly to jail on 20:30 - Apr 11 by Pinewoodblue

Crispin Blunt not exactly helping. Just casually taking the side of a convicted sex offender

Go to jail, directly to jail on 23:06 - Apr 11 with 1448 viewsjeera

Go to jail, directly to jail on 22:40 - Apr 11 by ElderGrizzly

Crispin Blunt not exactly helping. Just casually taking the side of a convicted sex offender

Bloody hell, who does Blunt think he is?

Can an MP can come out and state a court is responsible for an miscarriage of justice just like that, particularly immediately after the trial and with no evidence of his own.

He's basically called the victim a liar and the perpetrator a victim.

Aren't people supposed to stand down following comments like that?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Go to jail, directly to jail on 00:10 - Apr 12 with 1350 viewsKievthegreat

Go to jail, directly to jail on 23:06 - Apr 11 by jeera

Can an MP can come out and state a court is responsible for an miscarriage of justice just like that, particularly immediately after the trial and with no evidence of his own.

He's the chair of the All-Party Parliamentary Group for Global LGBT+ rights. Well for now at least. Seems the majority of the APPG is resigning from it.
Go to jail, directly to jail on 07:11 - Apr 12 with 1233 viewsChurchman

I’ve only read the very basics about this (I sometimes wonder if I’m on the right planet when I read about such disgusting creatures).

This MP Blunt posting his views on it - what on earth was he doing? Whatever his views were, why post them publicly? What did he think the response would be? What was to be gained? Was he just arrogant, like I’m sure most Crispins are, plain thick or both?

Regardless, if he sympathises with the convicted in a court of law criminal and not the victim then he goes in the disgusting box too. He should be thrown out of Parliament, his party and constituency.
Go to jail, directly to jail on 08:48 - Apr 12 with 1135 viewsSteve_M

Go to jail, directly to jail on 22:40 - Apr 11 by ElderGrizzly

Quite a remarkable statement, they should kick him out of the party too:

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Login to get fewer ads

Go to jail, directly to jail on 09:00 - Apr 12 with 1120 viewsvilanovablue

The blog post gets pulled overnight and Crispin Blunt is made to look very foolish!
Go to jail, directly to jail on 12:15 - Apr 12 with 973 viewsGuthrum

Go to jail, directly to jail on 00:10 - Apr 12 by Kievthegreat

He's the chair of the All-Party Parliamentary Group for Global LGBT+ rights. Well for now at least. Seems the majority of the APPG is resigning from it.

Not any more.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Go to jail, directly to jail on 13:32 - Apr 12 with 919 viewsHARRY10

And therein lies the problem It is not necessary yo make comment on the offence, as it is symptomatic of the problems that beset Majors government.

MPs attempting to cling onto power, believing their 'crimes' do not warrant an honourable resignation.

We have seen the 'I'm a naughty Tory' Charlie Elphicke having to be removed, rather than resig,n He was jailed.

In the autumn we had the MP taking backhanders, who the Tories tried to keep, with the brain dead Rees-Mogg having to apologise for his part in the disgraceful affair. the stick insect was later shifted out to a meanless post.

Another has excused himself after being exposed as a 'coke head. Sunaks tax affairs may be legal, but the morality of them are questionable.

This morning another tries to defend Khan by making out it was an anti Muslim, anti gay witch hunt. It is not. And it is offensive to claim it is. Had the religion been any different, and the sex of the victim likewise different I am certain there would have been a charge and a guilty verdict.

We are left with the though that o err is human, to try to cling onto power and imagine the rules do not apply is Tory, it would seem
Go to jail, directly to jail on 13:47 - Apr 12 with 875 viewsPinewoodblue

Go to jail, directly to jail on 13:32 - Apr 12 by HARRY10

And therein lies the problem It is not necessary yo make comment on the offence, as it is symptomatic of the problems that beset Majors government.

MPs attempting to cling onto power, believing their 'crimes' do not warrant an honourable resignation.

We have seen the 'I'm a naughty Tory' Charlie Elphicke having to be removed, rather than resig,n He was jailed.

In the autumn we had the MP taking backhanders, who the Tories tried to keep, with the brain dead Rees-Mogg having to apologise for his part in the disgraceful affair. the stick insect was later shifted out to a meanless post.

Another has excused himself after being exposed as a 'coke head. Sunaks tax affairs may be legal, but the morality of them are questionable.

This morning another tries to defend Khan by making out it was an anti Muslim, anti gay witch hunt. It is not. And it is offensive to claim it is. Had the religion been any different, and the sex of the victim likewise different I am certain there would have been a charge and a guilty verdict.

We are left with the though that o err is human, to try to cling onto power and imagine the rules do not apply is Tory, it would seem

Think you have something more important to moan about.

2023 year of destiny

Go to jail, directly to jail on 17:01 - Apr 12 with 771 viewsHARRY10

Go to jail, directly to jail on 13:47 - Apr 12 by Pinewoodblue

Perhaps you have more important things to read, and then take the trouble to reply to

Yes, I checked - none of the 'dailies' are reporting on this - apart from them all, as is the TV

Odd how they don't refer to their reporting as 'moaning' - maybe you are just upset that folk a pointing out the failings of your 'betters'
Go to jail, directly to jail on 17:03 - Apr 12 with 762 viewsPinewoodblue

Go to jail, directly to jail on 17:01 - Apr 12 by HARRY10

Perhaps you have more important things to read, and then take the trouble to reply to

Yes, I checked - none of the 'dailies' are reporting on this - apart from them all, as is the TV

Odd how they don't refer to their reporting as 'moaning' - maybe you are just upset that folk a pointing out the failings of your 'betters'

I know some think you are a pain in the neck, but i have a lower opinion.

2023 year of destiny

Go to jail, directly to jail on 17:19 - Apr 12 with 753 viewsronnyd

Go to jail, directly to jail on 13:47 - Apr 12 by Pinewoodblue

Grammer?
Go to jail, directly to jail on 17:26 - Apr 12 with 743 viewsjeera

Go to jail, directly to jail on 17:03 - Apr 12 by Pinewoodblue

I know some think you are a pain in the neck, but i have a lower opinion.

I know I keep standing up for him, but I cannot understand why people visit a thread which is clearly started by Harry just to have a go.

It's pointless and in truth, is one of the things about etiquette you've pointed out many times yourself.

Stick him on ignore or don't open the thread. But just to be one who wants to queue up for a bit of bullying, I'd have thought was below you to be honest.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Go to jail, directly to jail on 18:22 - Apr 12 with 720 viewsHARRY10

Go to jail, directly to jail on 17:26 - Apr 12 by jeera

I know I keep standing up for him, but I cannot understand why people visit a thread which is clearly started by Harry just to have a go.

It's pointless and in truth, is one of the things about etiquette you've pointed out many times yourself.

Stick him on ignore or don't open the thread. But just to be one who wants to queue up for a bit of bullying, I'd have thought was below you to be honest.

I doubt it is a case of bullying - over excited righties are an anusement rather than any threat.

They don't like that someone is pointing out their lies and misinformation. So unable to refute anything I say the rightie has to make some vacuous claim that I am awful.

"it ain't fair, 'e should be banned as he keeps posting stuff about how our glorious leader lied"

Which I will continue to do, not in any delusion that righties will come to recognise that they are being used as useful idiots, but that there are others who appreciate the truth.
Go to jail, directly to jail on 19:48 - Apr 12 with 677 viewsPinewoodblue

Go to jail, directly to jail on 17:19 - Apr 12 by ronnyd

Grammer?

Or even grammar!

2023 year of destiny

Go to jail, directly to jail on 20:06 - Apr 12 with 653 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Go to jail, directly to jail on 17:19 - Apr 12 by ronnyd

Grammer?

Sorry you obviously meant

[Post edited 12 Apr 2022 20:08]

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Go to jail, directly to jail on 20:18 - Apr 12 with 628 viewsronnyd

Go to jail, directly to jail on 19:48 - Apr 12 by Pinewoodblue

Or even grammar!

Grammer, sorry, Grammar yes. Spelling? Obviously not.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024