Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The players are back. 11:54 - Jun 20 with 1703 viewsOriginalMarkyP

We have had Ball, Ladapo and potentially Leigh walk in the door.

Norwood, (Bonne, Bakinson, Thompson, Celina - until we here differently) Carroll, Kenlock, Clements, Holy, Hladky (likely), Simpson (almost certainly), Pigott (probably) have all left or are about to leave.

The window has been open a while, pre season training starts today.

Realistically, how many new players do we need to be challenging for top two this season?
[Post edited 20 Jun 2022 11:57]

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

The players are back. on 12:04 - Jun 20 with 1583 viewsSTYG

A top striker to compete with Ladapo, a top Celina type player if not the man himself and a top left sided wing back potentially with set piece proficiency.

That's all we need really apart from like for like replacements for players that leave, for example an experienced backup GK if Hladky goes or a traffic cone if Piggott leaves.
The players are back. on 12:09 - Jun 20 with 1525 viewsJDB23

The players are back. on 12:04 - Jun 20 by STYG

A top striker to compete with Ladapo, a top Celina type player if not the man himself and a top left sided wing back potentially with set piece proficiency.

That's all we need really apart from like for like replacements for players that leave, for example an experienced backup GK if Hladky goes or a traffic cone if Piggott leaves.

Yeah agree with this. I also think we are still lacking a bit of creativity in the middle unless they believe Humphreys can step up this year, wouldn't be surprised to see us bring in a Carroll type squad player.
The players are back. on 12:11 - Jun 20 with 1511 viewsMediocre_Quick

The players are back. on 12:04 - Jun 20 by STYG

Whilst I among many would love to see Celina back, we looked a better unit with Chaplin in the 10, who also contributed more goals and assists than Celina did (if my stats are correct)

Celina is a class player, and would change any team he goes into, BUT, the club seem to be giving Chaplin a lot of love, so can see him being the one to fill the void Celina leaves
The players are back. on 12:22 - Jun 20 with 1429 viewsitfcjoe

LB
AM
Striker

Plus one in one out for anyone leaving

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The players are back. on 13:02 - Jun 20 with 1187 viewschicoazul

The players are back. on 12:22 - Jun 20 by itfcjoe

LB
AM
Striker

Plus one in one out for anyone leaving

Do you think many or any will leave? I hope against hope that McK can find a way to get the best from Edwards and Harper. Other than maybe Pig El Miz and/or Gladky I don’t see much fat to cut at the moment in the squad.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

The players are back. on 13:24 - Jun 20 with 1100 viewsitfcjoe

The players are back. on 13:02 - Jun 20 by chicoazul

Do you think many or any will leave? I hope against hope that McK can find a way to get the best from Edwards and Harper. Other than maybe Pig El Miz and/or Gladky I don’t see much fat to cut at the moment in the squad.

Not many - if we can get rid of Pigott we surely will do, Hladky likely will go, signing of leigh indicates Penney may be out but think it'll end up something like 5/6 in, 2/3 out

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The players are back. on 13:27 - Jun 20 with 1067 viewsPhilTWTD

The players are back. on 13:24 - Jun 20 by itfcjoe

Not many - if we can get rid of Pigott we surely will do, Hladky likely will go, signing of leigh indicates Penney may be out but think it'll end up something like 5/6 in, 2/3 out

Think that's about right, there are others that they'd let go if they got offers, Burgess probably isn't quite what KMc wants, for example, Penney, Harper. Idris and Baggott will go on loan, Dobra out permanently assuming clubs can be found for them.

This post has been edited by an administrator
The players are back. on 13:33 - Jun 20 with 977 viewsITFC_RDM

I think we need another 5, Including a Celina.

GK
LWB
AM - Celina
ST x2
Login to get fewer ads

The players are back. on 14:58 - Jun 20 with 698 viewschicoazul

The players are back. on 13:27 - Jun 20 by PhilTWTD

Think that's about right, there are others that they'd let go if they got offers, Burgess probably isn't quite what KMc wants, for example, Penney, Harper. Idris and Baggott will go on loan, Dobra out permanently assuming clubs can be found for them.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Burgess be a surprise as he seems a good squad option who we would need to replace, same for 1P. Harper ok yes but I’d be gutted as he has such a good pedigree.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

The players are back. on 14:59 - Jun 20 with 685 viewschicoazul

The players are back. on 13:24 - Jun 20 by itfcjoe

Aye. Piggott has failed but good luck finding someone who will take his wages on!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024