Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I am trying to refrain from saying anything negative about any of our players 10:35 - Jul 4 with 1398 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

It isn't easy going out in front of 20,000+ passionate fans, sometimes carrying an injury, and being booed. As Norwood said in his interview, no one else at work has someone peering over their shoulder and being hammered for every mistake. And social media platforms such as this, twitter, fb , etc. must be irresistible viewing for many players, and criticism / negativity must be really bad for their mental health, and confidence, resulting in the potential for a downward spiral in terms of their performances. And consequently for their saleability.

For those reasons in the past I have tried to see the positives in players such as Toto etc. I thought KJ was never good enough, but KM has found a way to get him playing the best in his Town career to the point where I'm excited to see him on the team sheet. That said, there is one player who just needs to be offloaded because it just ain't working here, and that to me is more important than any individual we bring in. We all know who that is. KM can do amazing things with players, but he can't perform miracles. Here's hoping.

Poll: would you rather

I am trying to refrain from saying anything negative about any of our players on 10:55 - Jul 4 with 1278 viewsKeno

" I thought KJ was never good enough"

thats a bit harsh, just wait till Hoppy sees that!!

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

I am trying to refrain from saying anything negative about any of our players on 10:56 - Jul 4 with 1273 viewsJ2BLUE

I am trying to refrain from saying anything negative about any of our players on 10:55 - Jul 4 by Keno

" I thought KJ was never good enough"

thats a bit harsh, just wait till Hoppy sees that!!

Agree, Hoppy is punching above his weight with any woman who doesn't come with a puncture repair kit.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I am trying to refrain from saying anything negative about any of our players on 11:01 - Jul 4 with 1243 viewsjayessess

In general I find following a football team is less annoying when you come to accept that the vast majority of players at the club are doing their best within their abilities, rather than imagining they're all "not arsed" or "stealing a living".

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

I am trying to refrain from saying anything negative about any of our players on 11:03 - Jul 4 with 1217 viewsSTYG

Norwood comes across as a bloke trying to sell himself to Bristol Rovers, Oxford and whoever else is interested.

The fact he didn't really own the drink driving situation at any point in my opinion gives me no confidence that anything else he is saying is correct.

People like Joe have confirmed that he was treated poorly at times and I accept there probably was an element of being injured, the club not helping him, people not being honest in the Evans era.

But Norwood strikes me as the sort that won't admit he's largely been responsible for his problems. If it's the case that Ashton or the owners saw fit to banish him to the U23's then there is more than enough justification for that based on what we do know about Norwood, let alone there's probably more than we don't know about.

Norwood has never looked like a 20 goal a season striker for us in this division and has never looked like being fit enough to play enough games to get 15. Not saying some of his issues aren't down to the club, but just came across as an out of contract player not addressing his limitations when he's after a new contracts somewhere, who is rewriting history to make out he's anywhere near good enough for this club.

His main attributes these days seem to be committing fouls, getting booked, knocking into people and then there were the comments about ending someone! Deary me.
I am trying to refrain from saying anything negative about any of our players on 11:24 - Jul 4 with 1068 viewsnodge_blue

I haven't listened to the Norwood interview, but from what I saw and heard last year, it would be unfair to say he was getting booed. I really don't remember that at all. Maybe some groans from a bad touch. It sounds a bit over sensitive from a "bash brother".

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

I am trying to refrain from saying anything negative about any of our players on 11:25 - Jul 4 with 1052 viewsKeno

I am trying to refrain from saying anything negative about any of our players on 10:56 - Jul 4 by J2BLUE

Agree, Hoppy is punching above his weight with any woman who doesn't come with a puncture repair kit.

and even then only it is isnt a deluxe model

(assuming such a high class version exists '**coughs**, cos I wouldn't know)

I am trying to refrain from saying anything negative about any of our players on 11:32 - Jul 4 with 995 viewsDyland

I am trying to refrain from saying anything negative about any of our players on 11:24 - Jul 4 by nodge_blue

I haven't listened to the Norwood interview, but from what I saw and heard last year, it would be unfair to say he was getting booed. I really don't remember that at all. Maybe some groans from a bad touch. It sounds a bit over sensitive from a "bash brother".

There may have been the odd moron booing him, but every player has been booed by the odd moron. "Being booed" implies loads of fans on your back, as opposed to the odd numpty showing their frustration/cluelessness (delete as appropriate). Norwood was never booed by any discernible number of Town fans. It's in his head, possibly exacerbated by the twitter spats. Indeed, it's possibly some of those imbecilic fans on twitter who may have vented their spleen from the stands. Which would be typical of keyboard warriors doing so from relative safety.

Whatever, every club has dickface fans.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

I am trying to refrain from saying anything negative about any of our players on 11:33 - Jul 4 with 988 viewsKeno

I am trying to refrain from saying anything negative about any of our players on 11:01 - Jul 4 by jayessess

In general I find following a football team is less annoying when you come to accept that the vast majority of players at the club are doing their best within their abilities, rather than imagining they're all "not arsed" or "stealing a living".

to be fair the same approach works well with posters on here

Login to get fewer ads

I am trying to refrain from saying anything negative about any of our players on 12:03 - Jul 4 with 861 viewsgosblue

I am trying to refrain from saying anything negative about any of our players on 11:01 - Jul 4 by jayessess

There are no bad players at this level. There are bad circumstances, personality clashes, injuries, mental health issues and bad attitudes. Anyone being paid to play football at any level has to have been a decent player at some point. Good coaches can get the very best out of some players, while others may be better under a different coach. In my day, a lot of coaches thought the way to get the best out of you was to shout and scream at you and remind you just how sh*t you really are. I imagine those days are gone
I am trying to refrain from saying anything negative about any of our players on 12:50 - Jul 4 with 746 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I would take Norwoods words with a pinch of salt. Said some strange things;

- Was shocked when a coach suggested it wasnt appropriate to turn up for work in slippers. Seemed to think leaving the house at 7.45am was the middle of the night.

- Refused to wear GPS as he hadnt done it at Tranmere and he may get paralysed.

- Having to find things to do with an afternoon off was like mental torture.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

I am trying to refrain from saying anything negative about any of our players on 14:44 - Jul 4 with 545 viewsSitfcB

I am trying to refrain from saying anything negative about any of our players on 12:50 - Jul 4 by Marshalls_Mullet

I would take Norwoods words with a pinch of salt. Said some strange things;

- Was shocked when a coach suggested it wasnt appropriate to turn up for work in slippers. Seemed to think leaving the house at 7.45am was the middle of the night.

- Refused to wear GPS as he hadnt done it at Tranmere and he may get paralysed.

- Having to find things to do with an afternoon off was like mental torture.

Yeah it made me laugh when he said about having to leave the house at 7:45, wish I could leave the house at 7:45 and not 5:45 everyday

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024