Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Arsenal with 3 players with double-barreled surnames in their line-up 19:26 - Sep 20 with 2272 viewsIllinoisblue

Game’s gone.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Arsenal with 3 players with double-barreled surnames in their line-up on 19:29 - Sep 20 with 2244 viewsGlasgowBlue

We have three in our squad tonight.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Arsenal with 3 players with double-barreled surnames in their line-up on 19:32 - Sep 20 with 2237 viewsIllinoisblue

Arsenal with 3 players with double-barreled surnames in their line-up on 19:29 - Sep 20 by GlasgowBlue

We have three in our squad tonight.

I only see two

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Arsenal with 3 players with double-barreled surnames in their line-up on 19:43 - Sep 20 with 2191 viewsPhilTWTD

Surely in the early days of football with players having come from public schools there were plenty of players with double or even tripled-barrelled names. #oldschool
Arsenal with 3 players with double-barreled surnames in their line-up on 19:51 - Sep 20 with 2137 viewsGlasgowBlue

Arsenal with 3 players with double-barreled surnames in their line-up on 19:32 - Sep 20 by Illinoisblue

I only see two

Marcus Myers-Harness

Iron Lion Zion

Arsenal with 3 players with double-barreled surnames in their line-up on 20:24 - Sep 20 with 2046 viewsSamWhiteUK

Arsenal with 3 players with double-barreled surnames in their line-up on 19:51 - Sep 20 by GlasgowBlue

Marcus Myers-Harness

Fantastic knowledge, that.
Arsenal with 3 players with double-barreled surnames in their line-up on 20:31 - Sep 20 with 2030 viewsjontysnut

Forest, Man United and England player Ian Storey-Moore was born in Ipswich and that's when double barreled names were proper.
Arsenal with 3 players with double-barreled surnames in their line-up on 20:32 - Sep 20 with 2017 viewsGlasgowBlue

Arsenal with 3 players with double-barreled surnames in their line-up on 20:24 - Sep 20 by SamWhiteUK

Fantastic knowledge, that.

Iron Lion Zion

Arsenal with 3 players with double-barreled surnames in their line-up on 22:34 - Sep 20 with 1880 viewsRadlett_blue

Arsenal with 3 players with double-barreled surnames in their line-up on 20:31 - Sep 20 by jontysnut

Forest, Man United and England player Ian Storey-Moore was born in Ipswich and that's when double barreled names were proper.

I saw Ian Storey-Moore's one appearance for England, when his showing was one of the few highlights in a 0-0 draw with Holland. A 22 year old called Cruyff didn't look too bad for Holland.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Login to get fewer ads

Arsenal with 3 players with double-barreled surnames in their line-up on 22:36 - Sep 20 with 1877 viewsWeWereZombies

[Post edited 20 Sep 2022 22:37]

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Arsenal with 3 players with double-barreled surnames in their line-up on 00:09 - Sep 21 with 1799 viewsExiled2Surrey

Surely the bigger “games gone” issue was the Arsenal shirt numbers - that must be an aggregate record in a match at Portman Road - 667 for the starting 11 alone…
Arsenal with 3 players with double-barreled surnames in their line-up on 07:30 - Sep 21 with 1674 viewsSheffordBlue

It's not a class thing anymore though I don't think. Just lots of couples when they marry now keep both names.

The big question is what happens with the next generation when lots of double barrelled surname people marry each other. I might draft my "Town started with 3 quadruple-barreled surnames in their line-up" post ready for the 2035/36 season.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Arsenal with 3 players with double-barreled surnames in their line-up on 09:08 - Sep 21 with 1601 viewsWeWereZombies

Arsenal with 3 players with double-barreled surnames in their line-up on 00:09 - Sep 21 by Exiled2Surrey

Surely the bigger “games gone” issue was the Arsenal shirt numbers - that must be an aggregate record in a match at Portman Road - 667 for the starting 11 alone…

667 - the neighbour of the beast

Actually, the house on the opposite side of the road to the beast.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Arsenal with 3 players with double-barreled surnames in their line-up on 09:48 - Sep 21 with 1579 viewsRadlett_blue

Arsenal with 3 players with double-barreled surnames in their line-up on 00:09 - Sep 21 by Exiled2Surrey

A Premier League squad size is 25. There should be a rule that the players in that squad should be numbered 1-25. The Football League should do something similar.
Rule 2 should be that "a club must wear its first choice kit in every game, home or away, unless the referee deems there to be a colour clash.

Arsenal with 3 players with double-barreled surnames in their line-up on 10:14 - Sep 21 with 1557 viewsjayessess

Arsenal with 3 players with double-barreled surnames in their line-up on 07:30 - Sep 21 by SheffordBlue

It's not a class thing anymore though I don't think. Just lots of couples when they marry now keep both names.

The big question is what happens with the next generation when lots of double barrelled surname people marry each other. I might draft my "Town started with 3 quadruple-barreled surnames in their line-up" post ready for the 2035/36 season.

In Spanish naming conventions you tend to keep the patrilineal surname from both parents, so Sergio Aguero del Castillo and Giannina Maradona Villafane's son is Benjamin Aguero Maradona.

So, maybe something like that?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Arsenal with 3 players with double-barreled surnames in their line-up on 10:29 - Sep 21 with 1542 viewsRadlett_blue

Arsenal with 3 players with double-barreled surnames in their line-up on 10:14 - Sep 21 by jayessess

In Spanish naming conventions you tend to keep the patrilineal surname from both parents, so Sergio Aguero del Castillo and Giannina Maradona Villafane's son is Benjamin Aguero Maradona.

So, maybe something like that?

Yes, Spanish names can be a real mouthful, which is often a headache for football commentators & tennis umpires.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024