Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What do we want? 11:05 - Dec 5 with 894 viewsDJR

Decentralisation.

When do we want it?

Now.

It may be laudable, but I am not sure it will fire up the voters.

Then again, maybe Labour doesn't really have to do anything to win the next election.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2022 11:06]
What do we want? on 12:06 - Dec 5 with 829 viewsDarth_Koont

Regional and structural imbalances is more Brown’s thing. And he had the decency a couple of years back to admit that the Labour government didn’t do enough on redressing that.

As far as Starmer’s Labour goes, I’ll treat this as another “pledge” they will ignore, reverse or simply water down to become meaningless at a later stage.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2022 12:08]

Pronouns: He/Him

What do we want? on 12:26 - Dec 5 with 799 viewsBlueBadger

Dull, but much needed. Essentially Starmer's leadership in a nutshell.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

What do we want? on 12:39 - Dec 5 with 782 viewschicoazul

If certain of TWTD genuinely think devolution and an elected second chamber will *not* lead to just more of the same stuff that the same members of TWTD rail against on the daily then they really do learn nothing from history and are proven incredibly ignorant.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2022 12:39]

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

What do we want? on 13:42 - Dec 5 with 726 viewsBlueBadger

What do we want? on 12:39 - Dec 5 by chicoazul

If certain of TWTD genuinely think devolution and an elected second chamber will *not* lead to just more of the same stuff that the same members of TWTD rail against on the daily then they really do learn nothing from history and are proven incredibly ignorant.

Weren't you so opposed to central government interference you used the unabomber's thoughts about it as your sig for a long while?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

What do we want? on 13:54 - Dec 5 with 709 viewsKeno

well I dont want it now, I like it next summer

but you can have it now it want it

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

What do we want? on 16:39 - Dec 5 with 648 viewsHARRY10

What do we want ?

Moderation

When do we want it ?

In due course
What do we want? on 16:45 - Dec 5 with 643 viewsPinewoodblue

What do we want? on 12:39 - Dec 5 by chicoazul

I found it worrying that Starmer seemed to think that his proposal would move power from Westminster to the people. Don’t we the people elect our MPs anymore. The HoL has very little to change the decisions of the lower house.

I do accept we need an elected second chamber.but never thought it would be anywhere other than at Westminster.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

What do we want? on 18:55 - Dec 5 with 587 viewsHARRY10

What do we want? on 16:45 - Dec 5 by Pinewoodblue

I found it worrying that Starmer seemed to think that his proposal would move power from Westminster to the people. Don’t we the people elect our MPs anymore. The HoL has very little to change the decisions of the lower house.

I do accept we need an elected second chamber.but never thought it would be anywhere other than at Westminster.

I fear Starmer is offering to be 'all thing to all men'

The French and others had the right idea. No bollox about agreeing the basic case of thee Milice*

We no longer shoot those sort, nor should we. But a Nuremberg style trial would not go amiss. A chance for the truth about those who took Russian money to spout Putins anti EU lies.

Until those responsible are brought to justice we will be stuck with the post 1918 German bleat of 'we were stabbed in the back'. The lies that says the Germany army was not beaten in 1918. Brexit did not fail, it was not tried.

Some will argue that Starmers stance on a number of questions is the 'softly softly' approach. Don't frighten the horse. To hell with that mealy mouthed guff.

The electorate has shown they want rid of this corrupt and incompetent government (Rabb Afghanistan today).

Time him to stand up for whathe supposedly believes in, as leader of the Labour Party, not this rehash of the old defunct SDP.

* Collaboration, arresting a deporting Jews, fighting against fellow french resisting the Germansbeing
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024