Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barnsley tickets have sold out on web-site… anyone know how many there were? 20:50 - Mar 10 with 1698 viewsunstableblue

Excited about going

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Barnsley tickets have sold out on web-site… anyone know how many there were? on 21:09 - Mar 10 with 1630 viewsunstableblue

Has to be more than 2000 sold

The normal allocation for away supporters is 2,000 tickets and fans are normally housed on one side of this stand on the West side (towards the old Main Stand). If demand requires it, then most of this stand can be allocated, increasing the number of tickets available to 4,700 (the stand can actually hold 6,000 but the capacity has been reduced to keep a sizeable gap in-between the away fans and home fans located in the East Stand). The acoustics of the stand are not bad meaning that visiting fans can really make some noise.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Barnsley tickets have sold out on web-site… anyone know how many there were? on 21:22 - Mar 10 with 1595 viewsStevieH

Barnsley tickets have sold out on web-site… anyone know how many there were? on 21:09 - Mar 10 by unstableblue

Has to be more than 2000 sold

The normal allocation for away supporters is 2,000 tickets and fans are normally housed on one side of this stand on the West side (towards the old Main Stand). If demand requires it, then most of this stand can be allocated, increasing the number of tickets available to 4,700 (the stand can actually hold 6,000 but the capacity has been reduced to keep a sizeable gap in-between the away fans and home fans located in the East Stand). The acoustics of the stand are not bad meaning that visiting fans can really make some noise.

https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2023/february/barnsley-away-ticket-details/

Barnsley tickets have sold out on web-site… anyone know how many there were? on 21:59 - Mar 10 with 1481 viewsITFC_Forever

Just over 3000 initially, but going by the rows they’ve sold, that accounts for not using the front third of the stand, so I presume Town can negotiate with Barnsley to reduce the not used area at the front of the stand.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Barnsley tickets have sold out on web-site… anyone know how many there were? on 22:02 - Mar 10 with 1452 viewsxrayspecs

The stand holds 5k. We were given initial allocation of around 3k.

Not sure the far left allocation has gone on sale yet, so there may still be a few hundred from initial allocation not yet on sale.

The sections that have been on sale were for seats towards the back of the stand. The front 15-20 rows have not yet gone on sale.

If we sell our 3k allocation, we could get another 2k.

A good following but far from a sell out.
Barnsley tickets have sold out on web-site… anyone know how many there were? on 22:03 - Mar 10 with 1445 viewsSitfcB

Barnsley tickets have sold out on web-site… anyone know how many there were? on 21:59 - Mar 10 by ITFC_Forever

Just over 3000 initially, but going by the rows they’ve sold, that accounts for not using the front third of the stand, so I presume Town can negotiate with Barnsley to reduce the not used area at the front of the stand.

And one more block at the end to be opened.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Barnsley tickets have sold out on web-site… anyone know how many there were? on 22:14 - Mar 10 with 1401 viewsxrayspecs

There seems to be a recurring confusion among town fans about being sold out versus tickets sold.

For home games, we have around three thousand restricted view tickets that only go on sale after all the others have been sold. We also have blocks of tickets (Cobbold near NS, Churchmans upper) that seem to be reserved with unsold seats being released in days before game.

For away games, the club are told which blocks to sell in what order, so the lack of availability is often likely to be because these tickets are not yet on sale.Again, the absence of tickets does not mean we have sold out (yet).

Our attendances, home and away, are on a par with the glory days of 70s/80s, so huge respect.
Barnsley tickets have sold out on web-site… anyone know how many there were? on 22:15 - Mar 10 with 1379 viewsgainsboroughblue

Barnsley tickets have sold out on web-site… anyone know how many there were? on 22:14 - Mar 10 by xrayspecs

There seems to be a recurring confusion among town fans about being sold out versus tickets sold.

For home games, we have around three thousand restricted view tickets that only go on sale after all the others have been sold. We also have blocks of tickets (Cobbold near NS, Churchmans upper) that seem to be reserved with unsold seats being released in days before game.

For away games, the club are told which blocks to sell in what order, so the lack of availability is often likely to be because these tickets are not yet on sale.Again, the absence of tickets does not mean we have sold out (yet).

Our attendances, home and away, are on a par with the glory days of 70s/80s, so huge respect.

I suspect the away numbers are bigger than even the glory years.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Barnsley tickets have sold out on web-site… anyone know how many there were? on 22:34 - Mar 10 with 1309 viewsxrayspecs

Barnsley tickets have sold out on web-site… anyone know how many there were? on 22:15 - Mar 10 by gainsboroughblue

I suspect the away numbers are bigger than even the glory years.

I suspect you are right. In the 80s, Arsenal, Man U, Liverpool often got only 20-30k attendance. Away fans were not big apart from local derbys.

Thinking about big town followings, apart from cup ties, I can remember:

Swindon- Burley era - 4-5k?
MK Dons x2 in L1
In the Prem we took 2-3k to quite a few clubs

After that I am struggling.
Login to get fewer ads

Barnsley tickets have sold out on web-site… anyone know how many there were? on 22:46 - Mar 10 with 1258 viewsgainsboroughblue

Barnsley tickets have sold out on web-site… anyone know how many there were? on 22:34 - Mar 10 by xrayspecs

I suspect you are right. In the 80s, Arsenal, Man U, Liverpool often got only 20-30k attendance. Away fans were not big apart from local derbys.

Thinking about big town followings, apart from cup ties, I can remember:

Swindon- Burley era - 4-5k?
MK Dons x2 in L1
In the Prem we took 2-3k to quite a few clubs

After that I am struggling.

When I started going away circa 88, a turn out of 1,000 was considered BIG. We'd generally take between 1200-1500 to the London games and Watford. 800-1000 to places like Leicester, Brighton. We would generally average 600-800 I would say.

Can't speak for earlier but I think we were better supported in terms of away numbers in Europe than we were domestically.

90s onwards the numbers rose again but my away support tailed off until the mid 2000s.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Barnsley tickets have sold out on web-site… anyone know how many there were? on 06:45 - Mar 11 with 998 viewsITFC_Forever

Barnsley tickets have sold out on web-site… anyone know how many there were? on 22:14 - Mar 10 by xrayspecs

We are taking far more away now on average than we did in the Robson years.

And probably than at any time in our history.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Barnsley tickets have sold out on web-site… anyone know how many there were? on 07:35 - Mar 11 with 909 viewsblueislander

Barnsley tickets have sold out on web-site… anyone know how many there were? on 06:45 - Mar 11 by ITFC_Forever

It wasn’t until quite recently that matches were ticketed, so away support was estimated .
Barnsley tickets have sold out on web-site… anyone know how many there were? on 07:41 - Mar 11 with 889 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Barnsley tickets have sold out on web-site… anyone know how many there were? on 06:45 - Mar 11 by ITFC_Forever

Yes more than ever. Never been a club to sell out away ends consistently in Yorkshire etc. brilliant
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024