Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This Orange advert is simply brilliant 12:50 - Jul 16 with 2144 viewsPlums

Watch to the end, I found it very thought provoking.
Sorry if it's been previously posted, I didn't see it anywhere

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

This Orange advert is simply brilliant on 13:09 - Jul 16 with 2011 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Clever but also creepy and dangerous as f#ck.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

This Orange advert is simply brilliant on 13:31 - Jul 16 with 1946 viewsnodge_blue

This Orange advert is simply brilliant on 13:09 - Jul 16 by BanksterDebtSlave

think that genie is out of the bottle now. At a time when you can never take anything you see at face value. Martin Lewis copies etc.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

This Orange advert is simply brilliant on 13:32 - Jul 16 with 1931 viewsPlums

Indeed. There are some really positive and negative uses of this sort of tech. Imagine if they were soldiers committing an atrocity and the uniforms and faces were switched. It's enough to finish humankind off.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.

This Orange advert is simply brilliant on 14:07 - Jul 16 with 1832 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

This Orange advert is simply brilliant on 13:32 - Jul 16 by Plums

Indeed. There are some really positive and negative uses of this sort of tech. Imagine if they were soldiers committing an atrocity and the uniforms and faces were switched. It's enough to finish humankind off.

Essentially we can now no longer believe anything we see or hear on a screen. Spectacular times indeed.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

This Orange advert is simply brilliant on 14:19 - Jul 16 with 1783 viewshomer_123

It is but you can tell immediately something isn't right.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

This Orange advert is simply brilliant on 14:28 - Jul 16 with 1738 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

This Orange advert is simply brilliant on 14:07 - Jul 16 by BanksterDebtSlave

Essentially we can now no longer believe anything we see or hear on a screen. Spectacular times indeed.

This has been happening for years. It's called "the movies".

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

This Orange advert is simply brilliant on 14:29 - Jul 16 with 1728 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Quite a simple idea really, but very cleverly done.

This Orange advert is simply brilliant on 14:38 - Jul 16 with 1695 viewsJ2BLUE

This Orange advert is simply brilliant on 14:28 - Jul 16 by The_Flashing_Smile

Movies with actors, many of which are very famous, acting out scenes is very different from being able to select any scene from any footage and change it. This is going to be a massive problem moving forward. Also, anyone caught on camera doing anything can claim it's fake.

They can check if footage has been changed so officially that defence is unlikely to work but with a good portion of social media ready to believe anything, especially if it does against the mainstream, it could cause problems.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

This Orange advert is simply brilliant on 14:48 - Jul 16 with 1667 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

This Orange advert is simply brilliant on 14:38 - Jul 16 by J2BLUE

Movies with actors, many of which are very famous, acting out scenes is very different from being able to select any scene from any footage and change it. This is going to be a massive problem moving forward. Also, anyone caught on camera doing anything can claim it's fake.

They can check if footage has been changed so officially that defence is unlikely to work but with a good portion of social media ready to believe anything, especially if it does against the mainstream, it could cause problems.

Oh I know what you mean, I just meant the technology isn't something new. Just the way it's being used.

This Orange advert is simply brilliant on 15:22 - Jul 16 with 1568 viewsVegtablue

This Orange advert is simply brilliant on 14:48 - Jul 16 by The_Flashing_Smile

Oh I know what you mean, I just meant the technology isn't something new. Just the way it's being used.

I'm a technology dunderhead compared to many on here lol, but would be interested if there have been advancements to speak of or if is simply the same tech we've had for a number of years filtering down.

On the excellent advert some of the goalkeeping did look suspect!
This Orange advert is simply brilliant on 16:31 - Jul 16 with 1418 viewsPlums

This Orange advert is simply brilliant on 15:22 - Jul 16 by Vegtablue

I'm a technology dunderhead compared to many on here lol, but would be interested if there have been advancements to speak of or if is simply the same tech we've had for a number of years filtering down.

Did you find it challenging any unconscious bias you may hold? I certainly did.

This Orange advert is simply brilliant on 16:39 - Jul 16 with 1390 viewsVegtablue

This Orange advert is simply brilliant on 16:31 - Jul 16 by Plums

Did you find it challenging any unconscious bias you may hold? I certainly did.

For sure! To be honest I've seen the quality of women's soccer at the top so it preaches to the converted a little, but it's a very good advert.
This Orange advert is simply brilliant on 17:53 - Jul 16 with 1280 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

This Orange advert is simply brilliant on 15:22 - Jul 16 by Vegtablue

There's advancements all the time, but a lot of it is in the availability, financial viability and ease of use. There have been incredible special effects in movies for many years which could easily do what's been done in this ad, so the ability to do it isn't particularly new.

So a bit of both, essentially, I'd say.

This Orange advert is simply brilliant on 18:33 - Jul 16 with 1182 viewsWeWereZombies

This Orange advert is simply brilliant on 14:28 - Jul 16 by The_Flashing_Smile

And 'advertising' too:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torches_of_Freedom

Interesting to note that one of the leading lights of the idea that smoking gave women more freedom was Edward Bernays, nephew of Sigmund Freud. I suppose you can make the excuse that the health risks of smoking were not known at the time but is playing with people's thoughts and emotions from a more powerful perspective ever a good idea ?

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024