Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saw nothing from Norwich last night to suggest they will 10:51 - Sep 21 with 2537 viewsbillabasblue

Do anything more than contest for a top 6 spot at best , they were pretty average throughout with a good ten minute spell where they should have scored !

Leicester also looked average in large spells first half and towards the ends when Norwich were commited in attack they looked very good , overall if Leicester are the benchmark and league winners as most predict then I don’t see much else to fear in the league and a top 6
Finish looks very achievable as the 1/3 odds the bookies have would suggest
Saw nothing from Norwich last night to suggest they will on 10:58 - Sep 21 with 2491 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

They played the best side in the league by some stretch. I think most of us are going to lose to Leicester this season. Norwich should finish in the top 6 with the team they have, they just played a much better team last night.
Saw nothing from Norwich last night to suggest they will on 11:02 - Sep 21 with 2462 viewsArnieM

Time will tell won’t it , for both clubs.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Saw nothing from Norwich last night to suggest they will on 11:43 - Sep 21 with 2386 viewsParisBlue

Saw nothing from Norwich last night to suggest they will on 10:58 - Sep 21 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

They played the best side in the league by some stretch. I think most of us are going to lose to Leicester this season. Norwich should finish in the top 6 with the team they have, they just played a much better team last night.

As a parachute team they absolutely should be top 6, as should watford. With both Sargent and Barnes out with long term injuries they may struggle for goals.

Let's not worry about them though...

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Saw nothing from Norwich last night to suggest they will on 12:21 - Sep 21 with 2318 viewsHerbivore

Saw nothing from Norwich last night to suggest they will on 10:58 - Sep 21 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

Duplicate post.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2023 12:28]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Saw nothing from Norwich last night to suggest they will on 12:23 - Sep 21 with 2308 viewsHerbivore

Are Leicester really the best side in the league by some stretch? They were pretty fortunate to beat Coventry opening day, similarly fortunate against Cardiff,and they've lost at home to Hull. Southampton and Norwich are their standout results but doesn't sound like they played either off the park, they took advantage of Saints in a similar fashion to us but were more clinical. They've had some fairly kind fixtures so far as well against Rotherham and Huddersfield. They're doing as well as us but I wouldn't say they've particularly looked much better than us.

Saw nothing from Norwich last night to suggest they will on 12:43 - Sep 21 with 2220 viewsPrideOfTheEast

I thought they looked pretty good. Stacey their full back in particular had a really good game.
Saw nothing from Norwich last night to suggest they will on 13:46 - Sep 21 with 2061 viewsChurchman

Saw nothing from Norwich last night to suggest they will on 12:23 - Sep 21 by Herbivore

Are Leicester really the best side in the league by some stretch? They were pretty fortunate to beat Coventry opening day, similarly fortunate against Cardiff,and they've lost at home to Hull. Southampton and Norwich are their standout results but doesn't sound like they played either off the park, they took advantage of Saints in a similar fashion to us but were more clinical. They've had some fairly kind fixtures so far as well against Rotherham and Huddersfield. They're doing as well as us but I wouldn't say they've particularly looked much better than us.

I think they are. Not so much by results but by the way they went about it and the quality of some of their players in the admittedly small sample of the last two matches.

You may be right. I find it hard to look at us objectively tbh and I’ll be more than happy to be proved wrong.
Saw nothing from Norwich last night to suggest they will on 14:53 - Sep 21 with 1947 viewsBasuco

I thought Norwich looked a decent side last night, big and very physical players, aggressive in tackles, they lacked fitness in the second half though.
Login to get fewer ads

Saw nothing from Norwich last night to suggest they will on 15:01 - Sep 21 with 1931 viewsReusersTown

Saw nothing from Norwich last night to suggest they will on 12:23 - Sep 21 by Herbivore

I'm not sure how by any stretch you can list out Hull, Coventry, Norwich and Southampton and call it a kind start!
Saw nothing from Norwich last night to suggest they will on 15:29 - Sep 21 with 1868 viewsHerbivore

Saw nothing from Norwich last night to suggest they will on 15:01 - Sep 21 by ReusersTown

I'm not sure how by any stretch you can list out Hull, Coventry, Norwich and Southampton and call it a kind start!

I said they've had some kind fixtures, both Huddersfield and Rotherham have started the season poorly. Same is true of us facing Wednesday and Cardiff. I'm not sure their start has been tougher than ours and they've similarly been on the end of fine margins in a number of their games. I'm just not seeing them being clearly the best in the division based on performances to date.

Saw nothing from Norwich last night to suggest they will on 15:30 - Sep 21 with 1865 views_clive_baker_

I think both can be true. Leicester will, I think, win the league. They've got too much quality not to IMO. They rested half their team last night and still managed to win pretty comfortably.

Norwich don't look anything special though, they're workmanlike and have a few players of real quality like Sara and Fassnacht, but there's also a fair amount of guff in there.

Barnes and Sargent both out injured now as well, you had better hope the Korean lad comes good or you might be in a spot of bother.
Saw nothing from Norwich last night to suggest they will on 16:00 - Sep 21 with 1787 viewsVegtablue

Saw nothing from Norwich last night to suggest they will on 13:46 - Sep 21 by Churchman

I think they are. Not so much by results but by the way they went about it and the quality of some of their players in the admittedly small sample of the last two matches.

You may be right. I find it hard to look at us objectively tbh and I’ll be more than happy to be proved wrong.

Agreed and I think Herb touches on it with reference to how clinical they were against Southampton. They're not necessarily motoring yet in the manner we are, i.e. with their patterns of play and tapping into all that potential, but some of their players are ridiculously good and the quality's shown in the two hours I've seen of them.
Saw nothing from Norwich last night to suggest they will on 16:04 - Sep 21 with 1772 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

I think Leicester will go up as Champions by some margin, but I could be wrong. I also expect Leeds and Southampton to find some form at some point. I think Sunderland and Coventry will be alright and I expect Norwich, Watford and Brum to be in the mix.

Preston are a wildcard at the moment, which I welcome. Fed up with the same teams yoyoing in and out of this league as a means to make a little extra cash. They haven't had a run in the top flight for years.
Saw nothing from Norwich last night to suggest they will on 17:41 - Sep 21 with 1632 viewscressi

Saw nothing from Norwich last night to suggest they will on 16:04 - Sep 21 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

I think Leicester will go up as Champions by some margin, but I could be wrong. I also expect Leeds and Southampton to find some form at some point. I think Sunderland and Coventry will be alright and I expect Norwich, Watford and Brum to be in the mix.

Preston are a wildcard at the moment, which I welcome. Fed up with the same teams yoyoing in and out of this league as a means to make a little extra cash. They haven't had a run in the top flight for years.

I thought the players they brought in have at one stage in their careers been decent, but the problem Hanley, Batth , Gibson, and Duffy have unless they play on the circle of their 18 yard line can't run or turn
And as with Ashley Barnes all take forever to get over injuries I believe they will Lack the pace required to make it unless a final swansong.
Saw nothing from Norwich last night to suggest they will on 18:05 - Sep 21 with 1598 viewsHerbivore

Saw nothing from Norwich last night to suggest they will on 16:04 - Sep 21 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

No comment on Ipswich though. Interesting.

Saw nothing from Norwich last night to suggest they will on 19:00 - Sep 22 with 1344 viewsBlueBadger

Saw nothing from Norwich last night to suggest they will on 18:05 - Sep 21 by Herbivore

No comment on Ipswich though. Interesting.

I'm sure that the username which is based around a tinpot triumph in Europe is pure coincidence.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Saw nothing from Norwich last night to suggest they will on 20:02 - Sep 22 with 1281 viewsNthsuffolkblue

It was a wet and windy night and the referee was rather inconsistent. Both sides gave the ball away very easily.

However, Leicester rested 5 first team players and looked a lot better when Dewsbury-Hall came on. That might be tempered by nodge having given up as soon as they got their second.

As for their easier start, the way Southampton defended in their last three fixtures, what nodge looked like and Coventry without Gyokeres, I would say that is an easier run than Leeds, Sunderland and Stoke but time will tell. I also think we both caught Southampton at a good time because once Martin has gone and with the players they have, I think they will be much better.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024