Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season 20:16 - Nov 20 with 1115 viewsEdmundo

Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of on 20:39 - Nov 20 with 1036 viewsBrianTablet

Where's the ROFL option?

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of on 00:06 - Nov 21 with 922 viewswkj

Km continues to adapt and react. I think it is other teams who are going to discover that we've figured them out

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of on 00:31 - Nov 21 with 912 viewsChurchman

Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of on 00:06 - Nov 21 by wkj

Km continues to adapt and react. I think it is other teams who are going to discover that we've figured them out

I think we might put a few of those wasted chances away too. We could do with a few more goals and a bit more excitement, especially at home 😀😅😂🤣🥲
Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of on 08:16 - Nov 21 with 785 viewsElephantintheRoom

It’s not so much a case of being found out - but of being found wanting. Over the past six games only two teams have let in more goals than Town

IF Town can’t tighten their defence they will probably not do nearly so well in the second half of the season.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of on 08:22 - Nov 21 with 764 viewsGlasgowBlue

I’d say that has happened to an extent after the last international break. Team have set up to make us play more through the middle than using our width.

Previously we had started games at an intense pace whereas the opposition are now the ones getting the early momentum.

We are a team that concedes goals but generally scare more than the opposition. If teams concentrate on nullifying our attack then we will start to lose games.

We will adapt though, just as we did post Frebruay when we hit a bit of a block result-wise. So I’m not concerned in the long term.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of on 09:00 - Nov 21 with 718 viewsChurchman

Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of on 08:22 - Nov 21 by GlasgowBlue

I’d say that has happened to an extent after the last international break. Team have set up to make us play more through the middle than using our width.

Previously we had started games at an intense pace whereas the opposition are now the ones getting the early momentum.

We are a team that concedes goals but generally scare more than the opposition. If teams concentrate on nullifying our attack then we will start to lose games.

We will adapt though, just as we did post Frebruay when we hit a bit of a block result-wise. So I’m not concerned in the long term.

Agree with most of this. However regarding paragraph three, while the better teams may be able to nullify our attacking threat while being a threat themselves, it’s hard to do for 90 mins and I doubt the rest of the sides won’t have the ability to do both anyway.

As you say, teams are already trying to do this with mixed success. But they are not lasting the distance. The energy the likes of Cardiff, Plymouth and Swansea put in reaped its rewards, but at a cost. We have threats all over the pitch which makes it so difficult. I agree teams will get better at nullifying us, but we will also adapt (hopefully).

I suspect our results will fall off a bit as the season progresses, but we will win planting of games and I still maintain a team or two are in for a real beating before the end of the season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024