Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
As much as I ‘hate’Norwich 09:12 - Dec 17 with 1301 viewsAsa

There has always been a modicum of respect. A decent enough family club that punched above its weight at times and in recent years has been a sound enough club in a business where very few ever are. Their fans have, largely, been decent enough sorts as well and the banter enjoyable.

But I actually think yesterday is a turning point. I’ve lost any degree of respect I’ve had for them or their fan base.

It’s absolutely embarrassing the way they are celebrating a draw. Beyond pathetic. We’ve been awful at times in Evans reign when they were flying and we’ve nicked something against them, including at their place. We’ve been pleased not to lose and pleased with a point.

But they are acting like Sutton beating FA Cup holders Coventry. Jonathan Rowe is their Ronnie Radford. A club that has been streets above us for 10-15 years reduced to being over the moon they didn’t lose to us.

I get that social media is a joke but this is their official account, their papers, their respected journalists, their less than respected vloggers. To a man or woman they are calling it our cup final whilst making out yesterday was one of the great days in their history.

It’s absolutely tragic and somewhere in me today I’m looking at them with utter pity for the first time and just feeling second hand embarrassed that a decent rivalry has died a little.

They are now worthy of our sympathy. We are in their shadow apparently. They are like the ugly sister looking in on the ball and going on about how we used to clean all day as we are about to complete our fairytale.

F*** them. Bigger fish to fry. I felt horrible leading up to the match but once it started it didn’t feel the same. Then when they went ahead it didn’t hurt me like it usually does because it was so obvious we are now streets ahead of them.

In my lifetime they’ve been Freddy Krueger, the absolute stuff of nightmares. Now they are more like an annoying buzzy fly that we will swot if we can be arsed to entertain them.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2023 9:17]
As much as I ‘hate’Norwich on 09:34 - Dec 17 with 1147 viewsLeoMuff

Couldn’t care if we don’t beat them for 20 years if we get promoted and they don’t, even if we don’t make it up this year we are set up for success, where as if our feathered friends don’t make it this season oblivion awaits.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

As much as I ‘hate’Norwich on 09:45 - Dec 17 with 1052 viewsStewart27

I was genuinely surprised by their reaction at the end. They have seemingly lost all respect for themselves. Not that I should have been surprised as they have a history of celebrating mediocracy. Tragic beyond belief.

Like you say, yesterday highlighted that we are completely streets ahead of them.

It really was their big day out.
As much as I ‘hate’Norwich on 09:54 - Dec 17 with 1012 viewsFixed_It

As much as I ‘hate’Norwich on 09:45 - Dec 17 by Stewart27

I was genuinely surprised by their reaction at the end. They have seemingly lost all respect for themselves. Not that I should have been surprised as they have a history of celebrating mediocracy. Tragic beyond belief.

Like you say, yesterday highlighted that we are completely streets ahead of them.

It really was their big day out.

'Limbs' in the away end for a draw at the final whistle. I guess they were just very happy for participating in some way. Embarrassing!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

As much as I ‘hate’Norwich on 10:05 - Dec 17 with 914 viewsbritbiker

I think it's definitely a sign that we have turned another corner and they know it.

I have heard 'it's our cup final' used many times but the reaction at the end showed that it was clearly their cup final. They didn't get spanked as they expected.

At the end of last season's promotion they were stating it was six easy points for them. The narrative has shifted. Hoping Leeds catch us is all they now have to look forward to. It may happen (I hope not), but it will still have been a great season for us.

If we gain promotion then their focus will change to us becoming the worst premier league team ever.

For us yesterday was a disappointment that we couldn't take our many chances, but at the end it was a banana skin match out of the way, which is the same for any local derby matches.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2023 10:10]
As much as I ‘hate’Norwich on 10:06 - Dec 17 with 912 viewsDublinBlue84

Makes me laugh that they kept singing about it being our big day out and ever since keep going on about our cup final. This they level at a team that is second in the league by 10 points whilst they face mid table mediocrity at best.

Also some of the stuff on the Pink'Un website and their local Archant Rags and social media is awful and truly deluded stuff. I'm so glad that the likes of Watson and the KOA stuff is much more balanced.

The only thing I can say is they are honestly deluded. They have serious issues in admitting the state of their club and are using the cup final and big day out stuff as some kind of mental shield to avoid admitting to themselves the facts.

Our cup finals are still to come, as for them, meaningless games await.

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

As much as I ‘hate’Norwich on 10:09 - Dec 17 with 881 viewsNutkins_Return

I think they are like every club to be honest. Some absolute muppets and some decent folk. The nice thing is they are just not very good any more and we are.

Now the derby is out the way and they are still 21 points behind can go back to not giving a toss about them which is nice.
As much as I ‘hate’Norwich on 10:10 - Dec 17 with 874 viewsPlums

As much as I ‘hate’Norwich on 10:06 - Dec 17 by DublinBlue84

Makes me laugh that they kept singing about it being our big day out and ever since keep going on about our cup final. This they level at a team that is second in the league by 10 points whilst they face mid table mediocrity at best.

Also some of the stuff on the Pink'Un website and their local Archant Rags and social media is awful and truly deluded stuff. I'm so glad that the likes of Watson and the KOA stuff is much more balanced.

The only thing I can say is they are honestly deluded. They have serious issues in admitting the state of their club and are using the cup final and big day out stuff as some kind of mental shield to avoid admitting to themselves the facts.

Our cup finals are still to come, as for them, meaningless games await.

It's all very true but let's be fair, they have extremely limited experience of what a cup final actually is so the poor little lambs should not be scolded for being confused.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024