Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thoughts with Brianna's family today 16:12 - Feb 2 with 1065 viewsNeedhamChris

What a horrible crime, and such levels of planning and evil from the killers. Unimaginable how two teens can muster up that level of sadism and hatred.

RIP 🌈❤️

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

Thoughts with Brianna's family today on 17:04 - Feb 2 with 981 viewsWhos_blue

I listened to the judge's summing up. It was harrowing to hear the detail of the planning they went to.
Agrivating factors were sadition and transphobia. They were 15. How does that happen?
Just so sad.

[Post edited 2 Feb 17:05]

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Thoughts with Brianna's family today on 18:32 - Feb 2 with 924 viewsCBBlue

Thoughts with Brianna's family today on 17:04 - Feb 2 by Whos_blue

I listened to the judge's summing up. It was harrowing to hear the detail of the planning they went to.
Agrivating factors were sadition and transphobia. They were 15. How does that happen?
Just so sad.

[Post edited 2 Feb 17:05]

The girl sounds pure evil to be honest. Knowing some autistic kids I can see how the boy may have been strongly influenced by her but that doesn't take away from the awfulness of what they did.

Poll: School on Monday - are you sending in your R, Y1 or Y6 kids?

Thoughts with Brianna's family today on 18:49 - Feb 2 with 880 viewsBluespeed225

Thoughts with Brianna's family today on 18:32 - Feb 2 by CBBlue

The girl sounds pure evil to be honest. Knowing some autistic kids I can see how the boy may have been strongly influenced by her but that doesn't take away from the awfulness of what they did.

Apparently she’s made another list of targets among those who’ve been looking after her during the trial. The whole thing is beyond comprehension really. Those poor parents.
Thoughts with Brianna's family today on 10:01 - Feb 3 with 719 viewsMercian

The sentence handed to the girl is the longest imposed on someone aged under 16 at the time of the crime in modern British history (I think). I am not saying it is undeserved but there are adults who have commited similar crimes that have got lesser sentences. Their ages and obvious disturbed psychological states should have been taken into account. Only last week a man who who killed 3 people in Nottingham got away with manslaughter. A few years ago there was a case of a woman in her late 20s killed her baby shortly after birth who got a 4 year sentence, 2 of which were suspended and she ended up serving less than a year in prison. Last year a 15 year old girl got a minimum of 12 years for a similar crime. My concern is that we are punishing children to a greater extent than we are punishing adults for similar offences. I am also concerned we are going down the American path where kids as young as 12 are handed life without parole sentences that adults in The UK would get 16 years for.
[Post edited 3 Feb 10:41]
Thoughts with Brianna's family today on 10:12 - Feb 3 with 691 viewsMullet

A colleague taught Brianna before they transitioned. It's hit them very hard as you can imagine. Their other half works at the kids' school still. So they knew all the details and saw it going around the community for a long time.

I think it's really hard to deal with in any circumstance, but crimes like this amongst the young seem particularly difficult to compute.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Thoughts with Brianna's family today on 10:55 - Feb 3 with 632 viewsMercian

Thoughts with Brianna's family today on 10:12 - Feb 3 by Mullet

A colleague taught Brianna before they transitioned. It's hit them very hard as you can imagine. Their other half works at the kids' school still. So they knew all the details and saw it going around the community for a long time.

I think it's really hard to deal with in any circumstance, but crimes like this amongst the young seem particularly difficult to compute.

I think that is part of the problem. The vast majority of violent crimes in this country are commited by young men aged from late teens to mid 30s. That makes it all the more shocking when a woman,child or older man commits a similar crime. There is more outrage, juries are more likely to reject lesser pleas and convict of more serious offences. There are only 3 women serving whole life terms in The UK. Two, Rosemary West and Lucy Letby undoubtedly deserve their sentences. The third who was convicted of very serious crimes would have got a minimum of 35 years if commited by a man. Maxine Carr who gave a false aliby to a man who did not but should have got a whole life term was made an example of and whose life is still in danger today for perverting the course of justice. A serious matter indeed but not something she should be worried about her life for. She was not as was stated in the media at the time the re-incarnation of Myra Hindley.
[Post edited 3 Feb 11:04]
Thoughts with Brianna's family today on 10:58 - Feb 3 with 603 viewsblueasfook

Sadly after the Jamie Bulger murder, nothing surprises me anymore as to how young killers can be.

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024