Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dollers Does Money Saving Tips 16:22 - Mar 8 with 733 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

This is for anyone who's ever had an Oyster card.
I just went onto my Oyster account to check how much I'd paid for some recent travel, and these days I use a contactless credit card, haven't used an actual Oyster card in at least 10 years. Anyway, I saw on my account there was an old card with £23.60 apparently still on it. I don't own said card, no idea what happened to it, but there's a 'request refund' button so I tried that, which gave me a number to call (as the credit card linked to it was out of date).
Rang the number and not only did they refund me the £23.60 but he said there was a £5 deposit on that card and do I want that as well?!
That's almost 30 quid I didn't know I had, been sitting there in the system for years!
Well worth checking if you have out of date Oyster cards that have disappeared into the mists of time...

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Dollers Does Money Saving Tips on 16:38 - Mar 8 with 665 viewsbaxterbasics

Martin Lewis will be on the phone offering you a job soon I bet.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Dollers Does Money Saving Tips on 16:43 - Mar 8 with 641 views_clive_baker_

Nice tip Dolly Lewis.

Must be so costly for TFL to not be sat people's money and earning interest in their fat bank account vs. the 'modern' method of just using your bank card.

When I first moved to London I would go to the man in the cabin and top my card up each week, that makes me feel old.
Dollers Does Money Saving Tips on 17:20 - Mar 8 with 552 viewsbluelagos

Dollers Does Money Saving Tips on 16:43 - Mar 8 by _clive_baker_

Nice tip Dolly Lewis.

Must be so costly for TFL to not be sat people's money and earning interest in their fat bank account vs. the 'modern' method of just using your bank card.

When I first moved to London I would go to the man in the cabin and top my card up each week, that makes me feel old.

Talking of holding your money (and earning interest) DVLA just refunded me £9 on some road tax. Cheeky fckers sent me a cheque.

You just know some accountant has said "If we send them cheques then that'll be an average extra 5 days in our account across Xm refunds and that'll mean an extra ...."

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Dollers Does Money Saving Tips on 17:23 - Mar 8 with 535 viewsJ2BLUE

Dollers Does Money Saving Tips on 17:20 - Mar 8 by bluelagos

Talking of holding your money (and earning interest) DVLA just refunded me £9 on some road tax. Cheeky fckers sent me a cheque.

You just know some accountant has said "If we send them cheques then that'll be an average extra 5 days in our account across Xm refunds and that'll mean an extra ...."

Do you have an account with a bank where you can pay it on the app?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Dollers Does Money Saving Tips on 17:24 - Mar 8 with 527 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Not to mention the amount of people who won't get round to going to their bank and paying it in (those that don't have the facility on their phone).

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Dollers Does Money Saving Tips on 17:25 - Mar 8 with 515 viewsbluelagos

Dollers Does Money Saving Tips on 17:23 - Mar 8 by J2BLUE

Do you have an account with a bank where you can pay it on the app?

What do you reckon? I had a video recorder for about 5 years and never worked out how to set it to record in advance!

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Dollers Does Money Saving Tips on 17:30 - Mar 8 with 497 views_clive_baker_

Yeah. 20% won't both cashing it in within the 6 months as we no longer have any banks in this country.
Dollers Does Money Saving Tips on 17:34 - Mar 8 with 484 viewsPortmanteauxcurling

Dollers Does Money Saving Tips on 17:25 - Mar 8 by bluelagos

What do you reckon? I had a video recorder for about 5 years and never worked out how to set it to record in advance!

Login to get fewer ads

Dollers Does Money Saving Tips on 18:44 - Mar 8 with 393 viewsBlueBadger

You just need two more like that and you could treat yourself to bangers and mash.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Dollers Does Money Saving Tips on 18:56 - Mar 8 with 363 viewsMK1

Yeah, I did this a few years ago. Only had £15 on it, but better in my pocket than theirs.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024