No Comment From Jewell on Edu Speculation Friday, 10th Aug 2012 12:10
Blues boss Paul Jewell has refused to comment on reports that Town are targeting exiting Rangers midfielder Maurice Edu. The 26-year-old is on his way out of Ibrox following their recent demotions to Scottish League Division Three.
The Blues are understood to have spoken to the US international, who is all but certain to move on before the transfer window closes.
Jewell said: “We are interested in a midfield player but I don’t want to comment on speculation because he’s a Rangers player.”
Yesterday, Rangers manager Ally McCoist said he was resigned to US international Edu and Alejandro Bedoya departing: “It looks like Maurice and Alejandro will be leaving."
Californian Edu played with the Maryland Terrapins and Toronto FC before moving to the Glasgow giants in 2008 for a fee of £2.6 million. Since then the 6ft tall midfielder has made 102 starts and 21 sub appearances for Rangers.
Meanwhile, confirmation regarding midfielder Jimmy Bullard's expected Town exit is now unlikely until early next week.
Photo: Action Images
Please report offensive, libellous or inappropriate posts by using the links provided.
I hate Rangers, but would be so happy with this signing, but of quality in the midfield. From what I hear, he has a hell of an engine on him too! Be happy to replace him with Bullard and Peters. Plus Kouroma signing and a right-sided centre half and a target man!
As mouthwatering as this all sounds , Id say it is likely to be an utter pipe dream. Since when will Town be able to compete for such a player , when we cant even secure up and coming players like Ward,or more established players like Davies .
Rangers must have leaked this info. It would make no sense for it to come from our end. Either that or his agent has let this into the public domain to up interest. Hope this happens, but can see a Prem team coming in for him.