Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why do some idiots feel they need to question the manager?? 09:34 - Jan 27 with 6475 viewsBluearmy71

Are you completely missing the point that he has only had two or three games with a team he's put together and the benefits of that are already showing!

There is no logic apart from a very f*cked up one where any supporter can judge his results when only being able to select from what the former manager left him player wise!

When your ship is sinking its best to take care of the unseen leaks that are letting in water and PL has done just that and now is the time to organise those who sail the ship now the water has been stopped from coming in, and he's doing that just fine from what I saw yesterday!
Why do some idiots feel they need to question the manager?? on 12:33 - Jan 28 with 2064 viewsDeano69

Why do some idiots feel they need to question the manager?? on 09:35 - Jan 27 by Bobbychase

Because the combination of modern football fans with social media means people feel the need to question every. single. little. thing.

And they can take a mug team to a champion league final in 3 seasons on their Football Manager game of choice, i mean how hard can it be?

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Why do some idiots feel they need to question the manager?? on 12:37 - Jan 28 with 2053 viewswarkthisway

Why do some idiots feel they need to question the manager?? on 10:11 - Jan 28 by wkj

Still being a WUM i see

Just pointing out I have been proved right on many occasions in the long term and I suspect unfortunately will again .

bentnkuqi

Why do some idiots feel they need to question the manager?? on 13:03 - Jan 28 with 2042 viewswarkthisway

If that was always the case why would any team sack their Manager during the season - and Allardyce and Warnock in particular wouldn’t have had the careers they have had in saving club after club from relegation- Lambert thought he could do a Warnock or Allardyce-but has failed- so was it a misjudgment taking on the job in the first place? And so it’s only logical to question his decision making processes surely, but of course having a point of view on here means you are an idiot apparently.

bentnkuqi

Why do some idiots feel they need to question the manager?? on 13:29 - Jan 28 with 2036 viewsLeagueOne

Why do some idiots feel they need to question the manager?? on 09:38 - Jan 27 by Mullet

I agree, but you were even more belligerent and aggressive about Hurst so it sort of loses its sentiment for me.

The criticisms of Lambert are a classic case of fans reaching for simple answers and where else to look but the dug out? Evans' interview was clearly damage limitation, but he is the reason we are here, he is the reason we neither held on to Mick or got rid, but let the club slowly implode.

He is the reason Hurst had no checks and balances and no controls on the hatchet job. He is the man who needs to act and back Lambert to get us back up immediately. It's not an easy task, 1 in 4 come back up about 1 in 20 stay up over the last generation or so.

Absolute spot on. This is a mess of Evans making and no one else's.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Why do some idiots feel they need to question the manager?? on 13:29 - Jan 28 with 2037 viewsmarkand1986

Why do some idiots feel they need to question the manager?? on 13:03 - Jan 28 by warkthisway

If that was always the case why would any team sack their Manager during the season - and Allardyce and Warnock in particular wouldn’t have had the careers they have had in saving club after club from relegation- Lambert thought he could do a Warnock or Allardyce-but has failed- so was it a misjudgment taking on the job in the first place? And so it’s only logical to question his decision making processes surely, but of course having a point of view on here means you are an idiot apparently.

You cannot question Lambert on here. It is not allowed. My point would be, since taking charge, how many times has he changed tactics or personnel that has changed a game in our favour? Some games we have been crying out for say a second striker and it has never come and then changes it too late. Yes it it not his team, yes we do not have the best players but he is paid to manage the team on and off the field. Off the field, great, on the field, I would say average at best.
Why do some idiots feel they need to question the manager?? on 13:39 - Jan 28 with 2019 viewsKeaneish

Why do some idiots feel they need to question the manager?? on 09:49 - Jan 27 by Pecker

They probably haven't been to the games and seen the improvement in performances. They see that we lost and slag off the obvious.

Very true that. What's great about our side at the moment is that no-one is hiding. Its very easy to hide on a football pitch but everyone is pulling together and that's largely thanks to PL and the staff. With that spirit and the time to gel, PL's right, we will get results. Whether they're in time or not and its enough in the context of other results is the conundrum.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Why do some idiots feel they need to question the manager?? on 13:40 - Jan 28 with 2016 viewsLeagueOne

Why do some idiots feel they need to question the manager?? on 13:29 - Jan 28 by markand1986

You cannot question Lambert on here. It is not allowed. My point would be, since taking charge, how many times has he changed tactics or personnel that has changed a game in our favour? Some games we have been crying out for say a second striker and it has never come and then changes it too late. Yes it it not his team, yes we do not have the best players but he is paid to manage the team on and off the field. Off the field, great, on the field, I would say average at best.

He inherited our worse side ever. It's not like we needed a few tweaks tactically, nor a couple of good signings, we are easily the worst team in this league and have been one of the worst teams in this league for some time. Since December 2017 we have won just 9 games. How is that Lamberts fault? He's picked up an atrocious squad, at a club thats been run into the ground over the last 10 years.

His "Warchest" ended up being loans of others unwanted players in Keane, Quaner, Elder, Dawkins and two free transfers in Collins and Judge, both in their 30's having a recent injury record. With a war chest like that how can you improve the worse side in the league? Sir Alex Ferguson would struggle here.

I don't expect him to be here in a years time because we're not going to walk League One either, we're going to struggle because the man at the top doesn't know how to run this football club and makes bad decision after bad decision. The manager will get the blame and sack but the clubs blood is on Evans hands, he turned an established , well run club that needed a few signings and some investment in 2007 into a third division club with over 100mil in debt (granted it's his debt, but still, hardly a success) in just over 10 years. He uses excuse after excuse, but smaller clubs have gone on to eclipse us because they are well run clubs - Bournemouth, Brighton, Huddersfield... while we're joining the ranks of Bolton, Blackpool, Sunderland, Coventry and Charlton in the basket case collection.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Why do some idiots feel they need to question the manager?? on 13:50 - Jan 28 with 2009 viewsmarkand1986

Why do some idiots feel they need to question the manager?? on 13:40 - Jan 28 by LeagueOne

He inherited our worse side ever. It's not like we needed a few tweaks tactically, nor a couple of good signings, we are easily the worst team in this league and have been one of the worst teams in this league for some time. Since December 2017 we have won just 9 games. How is that Lamberts fault? He's picked up an atrocious squad, at a club thats been run into the ground over the last 10 years.

His "Warchest" ended up being loans of others unwanted players in Keane, Quaner, Elder, Dawkins and two free transfers in Collins and Judge, both in their 30's having a recent injury record. With a war chest like that how can you improve the worse side in the league? Sir Alex Ferguson would struggle here.

I don't expect him to be here in a years time because we're not going to walk League One either, we're going to struggle because the man at the top doesn't know how to run this football club and makes bad decision after bad decision. The manager will get the blame and sack but the clubs blood is on Evans hands, he turned an established , well run club that needed a few signings and some investment in 2007 into a third division club with over 100mil in debt (granted it's his debt, but still, hardly a success) in just over 10 years. He uses excuse after excuse, but smaller clubs have gone on to eclipse us because they are well run clubs - Bournemouth, Brighton, Huddersfield... while we're joining the ranks of Bolton, Blackpool, Sunderland, Coventry and Charlton in the basket case collection.

The owner (who backed Hurst in the summer, a manager the vast amount of fans was happy with the appointment of) spent money in the summer which was wasted on the wrong players. The owner has also spent big money on wages this January and backed the manager. Town try and build out from the back now under Lambert, great, but we cannot do it. We have not the players. So why not try and win ugly for a few games and get the ball up the pitch and give us a chance to get out? Millwall game was perfect example of Lambert being out smarted, targeted our left back with Morrison and changed the game. What was Lamberts response? There was none.
Login to get fewer ads

Why do some idiots feel they need to question the manager?? on 17:24 - Jan 28 with 1983 viewswarkthisway

Why do some idiots feel they need to question the manager?? on 13:40 - Jan 28 by LeagueOne

He must have told Evans he could save us- and he has failed - that’s obvious and he should be honest enough to apologise for that failure and explain why he has failed - ie less money, players worse than he thought etc - but either way he has made a bad judgement call and he should admit it - not keep blaming the ref, injuries or god knows what.

bentnkuqi

Why do some idiots feel they need to question the manager?? on 17:50 - Jan 28 with 1976 viewsHarry_Palmer

Why do some idiots feel they need to question the manager?? on 17:24 - Jan 28 by warkthisway

He must have told Evans he could save us- and he has failed - that’s obvious and he should be honest enough to apologise for that failure and explain why he has failed - ie less money, players worse than he thought etc - but either way he has made a bad judgement call and he should admit it - not keep blaming the ref, injuries or god knows what.

To be fair, he hasn't actually failed yet. While it seems highly likely he will, we can't actually claim that he has yet.
Why do some idiots feel they need to question the manager?? on 18:24 - Jan 28 with 1965 viewsgeminimustang

I read “idiots” and thought “what an idiot”.
Why do some idiots feel they need to question the manager?? on 18:30 - Jan 28 with 1958 viewsDubtractor

To be honest, if people are not at least questioning things given our form since Lambert was appointed, then they are the ones that need their head looking at.

To be clear, I support Lambert and think that we should stick with and give him a run at division 3 with his own team, but just outright shooting down any voice of dissent is just a bit weird.

In my humble opinion anyway.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Why do some idiots feel they need to question the manager?? on 18:58 - Jan 28 with 1942 viewsMullet

Why do some idiots feel they need to question the manager?? on 18:30 - Jan 28 by Dubtractor

To be honest, if people are not at least questioning things given our form since Lambert was appointed, then they are the ones that need their head looking at.

To be clear, I support Lambert and think that we should stick with and give him a run at division 3 with his own team, but just outright shooting down any voice of dissent is just a bit weird.

In my humble opinion anyway.

No it isn't!

Etc.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Why do some idiots feel they need to question the manager?? on 22:08 - Jan 28 with 1899 viewswarkthisway

Why do some idiots feel they need to question the manager?? on 12:30 - Jan 28 by BecclesITFC

People are stupid. Simple as that. I ask them who else are we going to get in our position. We are so lucky to have him in our position.

Is he doing as good a job as MM did when he came in ? - I would say our squad and results were worse before MM turned it round. I’m sad it hasn’t worked for the guy but don’t just pretend all is well as we slowly sink in to oblivion.

bentnkuqi

Why do some idiots feel they need to question the manager?? on 22:29 - Jan 28 with 1895 viewsreusersfreekicks

Why do some idiots feel they need to question the manager?? on 22:08 - Jan 28 by warkthisway

Is he doing as good a job as MM did when he came in ? - I would say our squad and results were worse before MM turned it round. I’m sad it hasn’t worked for the guy but don’t just pretend all is well as we slowly sink in to oblivion.

Ludicrous to say MM had a worse squad wiyh Chambers, Smith DJ Campbell etc
Why do some idiots feel they need to question the manager?? on 07:10 - Jan 29 with 1853 viewsBenters2

You Sir are bang on the money.

Have a uppie.
Why do some idiots feel they need to question the manager?? on 07:15 - Jan 29 with 1848 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Probably because he’s lost 10 of his 15 games in charge

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Why do some idiots feel they need to question the manager?? on 07:20 - Jan 29 with 1844 viewsBenters2

Why do some idiots feel they need to question the manager?? on 07:15 - Jan 29 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Probably because he’s lost 10 of his 15 games in charge

Jeez has he been here that long already!?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024