Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What I learned tonight and why I don't blame MM 22:18 - Jan 17 with 5291 viewsCharlieITFC

1. We can't play that system without Webster. Berra and Digby panic too much
2. Leon Best should never play for us again. He was off the pace, uninterested, and thought he was too good to be there. The amount of times he just tried to turn Lincoln players and lost it was ridiculous
3. Knudsen has to be 2nd choice to Kenlock. I've given him the benefit of the doubt before, but he offers nothing going forward and his positioning means he offers very little defensively
4. Grand Ward is not a centre midfielder
5. Douglas shouldn't be the scapegoat. He didn't do anything particularly well, but offered more than most

Mick said he would mick and strong team, and I think he did. That team should have had enough to win that game. Those players have played championship games this season, and frankly let themselves down.

Jenas said we had no plan, but I think we did. I think mick wanted us to play possession based and make Lincoln work. The players were incapable of that. They just aimlessly punted it upfield and it came back.

I still believe Mick will turn it around, and would be exactly the type of manager who relishes these scenarios. Bring in a few players, establish emmanuel, kenlock and dozzell, and we'll have something to work with.

That being said. Tonight was still embarrassing, and I hope the team know that they let us all down

Blog: An Optimistic Approach (For Real This Time)

What I learned tonight and why I don't blame MM on 22:21 - Jan 17 with 4117 viewsmanchego

1. His players, his system
2. His player
3. His player
4. His player, his decision to play him there
5. His dreadful player

But not Mick's fault ?
What I learned tonight and why I don't blame MM on 22:22 - Jan 17 with 4059 viewsNarddog

What I learned tonight and why I don't blame MM on 22:21 - Jan 17 by manchego

2. His player
3. His player
5. His dreadful player

But not Mick's fault ?

Couldn't have put it better myself.
What I learned tonight and why I don't blame MM on 22:24 - Jan 17 with 3968 viewswitchdoctor

one of the last of the deluded....
What I learned tonight and why I don't blame MM on 22:25 - Jan 17 with 3956 viewsDolly2.0

How on earth do you not blame Mick? He picked that shower and stuck with it for 70 mins.

I don't like being embarrassed on prime time TV. Mick must go now.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

What I learned tonight and why I don't blame MM on 22:27 - Jan 17 with 3870 viewsbluefunk

Not much of an audience tonight for any kind of balanced analysis - you forgot injuries BTW

But it's his team, he signed Best, Douglas, etc, he set them up, failed to get them fired up, couldn't even appeal to professional pride - the sense of downward spiral grows I am afraid.
What I learned tonight and why I don't blame MM on 22:29 - Jan 17 with 3785 viewsbournemouthblue

Digby and Chambers looked comfortable, it was Berra who looked ordinary imho

The biggest problem was the balance of the side and a total lack of wanting to change a system which simply wasn't working

Why didn't he get Bru on, why did he take poor Best off who had a luckless task chasing relentless hoofs?

Why didn't he make changes earlier?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

What I learned tonight and why I don't blame MM on 22:30 - Jan 17 with 3764 viewsCharlieITFC

2. His player
3. His player
5. His dreadful player

But not Mick's fault ?

This is such a typical response of someone who is determined to blame Mccarthy, and don't worry, I know you're not the only one, but the fact of the matter was the players underperformed tonight. That is not Micks fault. Unfortunately 95% fans wanted us to lose tonight to twist the knife.

What I learned tonight and why I don't blame MM on 22:31 - Jan 17 with 3717 viewsmparkyn

What I learned tonight and why I don't blame MM on 22:27 - Jan 17 by bluefunk

Not much of an audience tonight for any kind of balanced analysis - you forgot injuries BTW

But it's his team, he signed Best, Douglas, etc, he set them up, failed to get them fired up, couldn't even appeal to professional pride - the sense of downward spiral grows I am afraid.

Skies and Douglas together in any team is an accident waiting to happen. Too slow, too defensive, too square. Why do you think we punt forward - because no one is prepared to link up play. Utter s**t

Ealing Blue

Login to get fewer ads

What I learned tonight and why I don't blame MM on 22:32 - Jan 17 with 3681 viewsSwansea_Blue

2. His player
3. His player
5. His dreadful player

But not Mick's fault ?

Hard to argue with that.

As others have said, can't use relative lack of funding in this case. So where does that leave us....? You can't make drastic decisions on the back of one result, but in a poor season a very bad result can be the final straw for owners.

I suspect ME will do nothing (his default position!), but Mick should be looking over his shoulder.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

What I learned tonight and why I don't blame MM on 22:32 - Jan 17 with 3653 viewswitchdoctor

What I learned tonight and why I don't blame MM on 22:30 - Jan 17 by CharlieITFC

This is such a typical response of someone who is determined to blame Mccarthy, and don't worry, I know you're not the only one, but the fact of the matter was the players underperformed tonight. That is not Micks fault. Unfortunately 95% fans wanted us to lose tonight to twist the knife.

Troll alert!!!!!
What I learned tonight and why I don't blame MM on 22:33 - Jan 17 with 3633 viewsmanchego

What I learned tonight and why I don't blame MM on 22:30 - Jan 17 by CharlieITFC

I didn't want us to lose.

I also didn't want to be embarrassed by us, on BBC1, which I was.
What I learned tonight and why I don't blame MM on 22:34 - Jan 17 with 3560 viewsstantheman

What I learned tonight and why I don't blame MM on 22:27 - Jan 17 by bluefunk

He has no say other than picking players up for 50p. How can you blame him whilst he has a budget of feck all. He signs players inside very limited budget and a limited squad who basically are not very good. It will take about £15 mill and some very good academy players to put this right. Plus it will take another 5 years and a new owner to do that. End of.
What I learned tonight and why I don't blame MM on 22:38 - Jan 17 with 3466 viewsTheSelkirk

What I learned tonight and why I don't blame MM on 22:34 - Jan 17 by stantheman

He has no say other than picking players up for 50p. How can you blame him whilst he has a budget of feck all. He signs players inside very limited budget and a limited squad who basically are not very good. It will take about £15 mill and some very good academy players to put this right. Plus it will take another 5 years and a new owner to do that. End of.

That's how much you think we would need to be able to compete with Lincoln? Really??
What I learned tonight and why I don't blame MM on 22:39 - Jan 17 with 3455 viewsCharlieITFC

What I learned tonight and why I don't blame MM on 22:33 - Jan 17 by manchego

I didn't want us to lose.

I also didn't want to be embarrassed by us, on BBC1, which I was.

It was embarrassing. But that doesn't mean it was Micks fault.

I can't accept the argument that they are his players, and he picked the team. But that team should have been much better than they were. They were experienced players who should've done more. Thats their responsibility, not his.

Don't get me wrong, this season has not gone well by any stretch. But I genuinely think Mick deserves this transfer window and time to turn it around. He's clearly trying to get us to play better football (tonight's performance aside), but it won't happen over night

What I learned tonight and why I don't blame MM on 22:40 - Jan 17 with 3378 viewsBenters

2. His player
3. His player
5. His dreadful player

But not Mick's fault ?

this

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

What I learned tonight and why I don't blame MM on 22:43 - Jan 17 with 3312 viewsSmithy

Er we just played Lincoln???

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

What I learned tonight and why I don't blame MM on 22:43 - Jan 17 with 3299 viewsPinewoodblue

Don't think any of us had a clue as to what Mick's match plan was. Don't think the players knew either. Only one person responsible tonight and that was Mick.

Hope Msrcus was watching TV coverage. He needs to sit down and listen to the likes of Mick Mills & Terry Butcher the problem is plain to see, and only he, Msrcus Evsns, csn do something about it.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

What I learned tonight and why I don't blame MM on 22:44 - Jan 17 with 3258 viewsRadlett_blue

What I learned tonight and why I don't blame MM on 22:29 - Jan 17 by bournemouthblue

Digby and Chambers looked comfortable, it was Berra who looked ordinary imho

The biggest problem was the balance of the side and a total lack of wanting to change a system which simply wasn't working

Why didn't he get Bru on, why did he take poor Best off who had a luckless task chasing relentless hoofs?

Why didn't he make changes earlier?

exactly. 3-5-2 had very quickly become 5-3-2, with no wide outlets, so we had resorted to hopeful punts forward. This was obvious at half time. So Dippy does nothing 7 we carry on as before. I said at h/t we needed to go 4-4-2 & bring on Sears to give another outlet up front.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

What I learned tonight and why I don't blame MM on 22:44 - Jan 17 with 3258 viewsdelias_cheesy_flaps

What I learned tonight and why I don't blame MM on 22:39 - Jan 17 by CharlieITFC

It was embarrassing. But that doesn't mean it was Micks fault.

I can't accept the argument that they are his players, and he picked the team. But that team should have been much better than they were. They were experienced players who should've done more. Thats their responsibility, not his.

Don't get me wrong, this season has not gone well by any stretch. But I genuinely think Mick deserves this transfer window and time to turn it around. He's clearly trying to get us to play better football (tonight's performance aside), but it won't happen over night

Your just a budgie in disguise, no Town fan would be searching for excuses after another debacle and on national prime time tv this time!

Blog: This Might Rub You Up the Wrong Way, it Might Not!

What I learned tonight and why I don't blame MM on 22:47 - Jan 17 with 3171 viewsstantheman

What I learned tonight and why I don't blame MM on 22:38 - Jan 17 by TheSelkirk

That's how much you think we would need to be able to compete with Lincoln? Really??

It's not that game that is the problem, it's the issue with the whole scenario with the club and it's big plan. All the ageing defenders and midfielders means we need a complete overhaul of the whole squad which will take millions. Bigger clubs have always lost to non league teams, and fair play to Lincoln, but if your players are not strong or good enough how do you think is the way forward?
What I learned tonight and why I don't blame MM on 22:49 - Jan 17 with 3137 viewsCharlieITFC

What I learned tonight and why I don't blame MM on 22:44 - Jan 17 by delias_cheesy_flaps

Your just a budgie in disguise, no Town fan would be searching for excuses after another debacle and on national prime time tv this time!

Not at all! I'm not making excuses either. I'm simply trying to offer balance to everyone wearing sh!t covered glasses.
It amazes me how we can play well against Blackburn, win, and everyone be quiet and then the uproar that happens when we lose. Fans are literally waiting for opportunities to moan. Thats almost as embarrassing as tonight's results.

I'd rather offer positivity to a situation than moan about it in the knowledge it won't change.

What I learned tonight and why I don't blame MM on 22:49 - Jan 17 with 3128 viewsTheSelkirk

What I learned tonight and why I don't blame MM on 22:47 - Jan 17 by stantheman

It's not that game that is the problem, it's the issue with the whole scenario with the club and it's big plan. All the ageing defenders and midfielders means we need a complete overhaul of the whole squad which will take millions. Bigger clubs have always lost to non league teams, and fair play to Lincoln, but if your players are not strong or good enough how do you think is the way forward?

Absolutely right BUT in accepting that, we should still be able to turn the likes of Lincoln over. Preparation and organisation appeared to be zero and that does not cost anything.
What I learned tonight and why I don't blame MM on 22:52 - Jan 17 with 3065 viewsDolly2.0

Shut up you cretin. How is it NOT Mick's fault?! Who picks the team, his mum?!

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

What I learned tonight and why I don't blame MM on 22:53 - Jan 17 with 3038 viewsMJallday

What I learned tonight and why I don't blame MM on 22:52 - Jan 17 by Dolly2.0

Shut up you cretin. How is it NOT Mick's fault?! Who picks the team, his mum?!

given the result i wouldnt actually rule that out.

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

What I learned tonight and why I don't blame MM on 22:54 - Jan 17 with 3017 viewsTollycobbold

This hasn't gone well.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024