Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What hurts the most about this 20:38 - Jan 31 with 2626 viewsMullet

We played well on Saturday. Yet come back to FPR and it all seems to go wrong and steeped in negativity. Why we've gone back to 3 again when it's so terrible, is baffling. The lack of central midfield options against a team like Derby is woeful.

Fragility and low confidence is one thing. But the pattern and disconnect is very troubling. I just received a text from Snr "utter rubbish" is all it says.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

What hurts the most about this on 20:41 - Jan 31 with 2548 viewsdavblue

It's been a very, very poor day.

People's frustrations are about to come to the boil, understandably, i fell very frustrated at this moment in time, the club is going nowhere.
What hurts the most about this on 20:47 - Jan 31 with 2435 viewsomuircheartaigh

It's not good!

Their third, which I saw on sky, highlights the mess and lack of leadership we are plagued with.

Mick should resign. For his own self as much as anything else. But I don't think he will.

I'm no genius. I see only one option now. Get Burley in. Get him in now. We got a 9-0 kicking in old Trafford before relegation and his rebuilding began. I genuinely think he's the only one who can transform this mess.
What hurts the most about this on 20:48 - Jan 31 with 2430 viewscbower

Berra and Knudsen are all over the place. Neither can play 352 - it's embarrassing. I know we have gone to a back four now but way too late. A loan signing just doesn't cut it right now. Pursuing Hugill for way too long - should have got the business done or moved on. The first bid was known to me on Jan 3rd ffs.

bluescouser

What hurts the most about this on 21:36 - Jan 31 with 2252 viewsbenniblue

We are a shambles at best.Week in week out same frailties.
What hurts the most about this on 21:40 - Jan 31 with 2166 viewsdalianwasexciting

What hurts the most about this on 20:48 - Jan 31 by cbower

Berra and Knudsen are all over the place. Neither can play 352 - it's embarrassing. I know we have gone to a back four now but way too late. A loan signing just doesn't cut it right now. Pursuing Hugill for way too long - should have got the business done or moved on. The first bid was known to me on Jan 3rd ffs.

If indeed we ever did really make a bid....

Poll: Our number one goalkeeper going forward?

What hurts the most about this on 21:40 - Jan 31 with 2160 viewsnorthstandsteps

What hurts the most about this on 20:47 - Jan 31 by omuircheartaigh

It's not good!

Their third, which I saw on sky, highlights the mess and lack of leadership we are plagued with.

Mick should resign. For his own self as much as anything else. But I don't think he will.

I'm no genius. I see only one option now. Get Burley in. Get him in now. We got a 9-0 kicking in old Trafford before relegation and his rebuilding began. I genuinely think he's the only one who can transform this mess.

Get Burley in? That was 27 years ago he came in!!! 27 years!!!
What hurts the most about this on 21:46 - Jan 31 with 2028 viewsmutters

What hurts the most about this on 21:40 - Jan 31 by northstandsteps

Get Burley in? That was 27 years ago he came in!!! 27 years!!!

Well 23 years as he joined us a manager in 94.

Still its a long time ago to be looking back to to try and move forward

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

What hurts the most about this on 21:47 - Jan 31 with 1993 viewsMullet

What hurts the most about this on 20:41 - Jan 31 by davblue

It's been a very, very poor day.

People's frustrations are about to come to the boil, understandably, i fell very frustrated at this moment in time, the club is going nowhere.

I think we've known it's "going nowhere" for weeks. The problem/question is now the moves in the summer.

MM will need huge funds to stay.

A new man will need huge funds to make a go of it.

We know the bulk of the squad needs rebuilding. We'll lose Lawrence for definite. Coke, Douglas, Berra, Gerken and one or two others. Plus the likes of Spence, Diagouraga and Taylor. Only two of the players added this window are likely to be in the squad next season if at all.

There's every chance we could have to recruit an entire XI in terms of positions and one or two more to even be competitive.
It's quite possible

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Login to get fewer ads

What hurts the most about this on 21:48 - Jan 31 with 1961 viewsimsureazzure

I just do not understand our position.

We have been extremely poor, will take your word for Sat.

It is not working, every manager however good his history has a shelf life, MM is finished here, the lack of support from ME in this window is glaring, if MM is going in May why does he not resort to type and grind out results?

ME is the problem, FFS he finances the liberals!
What hurts the most about this on 21:49 - Jan 31 with 1918 viewschristiand

What hurts the most about this on 21:47 - Jan 31 by Mullet

I think we've known it's "going nowhere" for weeks. The problem/question is now the moves in the summer.

MM will need huge funds to stay.

A new man will need huge funds to make a go of it.

We know the bulk of the squad needs rebuilding. We'll lose Lawrence for definite. Coke, Douglas, Berra, Gerken and one or two others. Plus the likes of Spence, Diagouraga and Taylor. Only two of the players added this window are likely to be in the squad next season if at all.

There's every chance we could have to recruit an entire XI in terms of positions and one or two more to even be competitive.
It's quite possible

The top Ryman Premier league teams better watch out in the summer ME will be getting his cheque book out.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

What hurts the most about this on 21:57 - Jan 31 with 1799 viewsomuircheartaigh

What hurts the most about this on 21:46 - Jan 31 by mutters

Well 23 years as he joined us a manager in 94.

Still its a long time ago to be looking back to to try and move forward

About the same time Mick took the Irish job.

I really don't think GB should be excluded because he managed us before.

Connection.
What hurts the most about this on 22:08 - Jan 31 with 1702 viewsEireannach_gorm

What hurts the most about this on 21:57 - Jan 31 by omuircheartaigh

About the same time Mick took the Irish job.

I really don't think GB should be excluded because he managed us before.

Connection.

I accidentally gave you a thumbs up instead of down for the Burley suggestion. That would be a totally backward step and a bit like the Jonny Williams signing, a crowd pacifier. If you are looking at connections, Mick played wingbacks with that Irish team to great effect.
What hurts the most about this on 22:10 - Jan 31 with 1678 viewssixtoperalta35

What hurts the most about this on 21:48 - Jan 31 by imsureazzure

I just do not understand our position.

We have been extremely poor, will take your word for Sat.

It is not working, every manager however good his history has a shelf life, MM is finished here, the lack of support from ME in this window is glaring, if MM is going in May why does he not resort to type and grind out results?

ME is the problem, FFS he finances the liberals!

Not that I have the authority but I'm going to say post of the evening!
So many working on past glories,
Burley was great but don't go back need to look forward.
Jewell and Keane got teams promoted but that was years and years ago, where are they now?
Now it's the same with mick.
All like old cars that just hang on to life rather than going to the scrapyard like they should then to be replaced by a newer fresher model.
What hurts the most about this on 22:23 - Jan 31 with 1591 viewsomuircheartaigh

What hurts the most about this on 22:08 - Jan 31 by Eireannach_gorm

I accidentally gave you a thumbs up instead of down for the Burley suggestion. That would be a totally backward step and a bit like the Jonny Williams signing, a crowd pacifier. If you are looking at connections, Mick played wingbacks with that Irish team to great effect.

I'm not looking at an Irish connection. I'm simply making the point that we have a manager now who was also in management in the mid 90s.

I really don't understand how it is a backward step to re-appoint our most successful manager in recent history. The way we played, the playoffs, 5th in the prem? The fiasco of the following year was gut wrenching, I'll admit.

I remain quite adamant he's the man we need now. Respectfully of course.
What hurts the most about this on 22:36 - Jan 31 with 1521 viewsreusersfreekicks

What hurts the most about this on 22:23 - Jan 31 by omuircheartaigh

I'm not looking at an Irish connection. I'm simply making the point that we have a manager now who was also in management in the mid 90s.

I really don't understand how it is a backward step to re-appoint our most successful manager in recent history. The way we played, the playoffs, 5th in the prem? The fiasco of the following year was gut wrenching, I'll admit.

I remain quite adamant he's the man we need now. Respectfully of course.

OH honestly - what has he done recently except not manage well. Look forwards not backwards
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024