Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? 23:40 - Mar 1 with 21608 viewsflashblue

Sick of all the posts about fantastic odds encouraging others to bet.

If something's worth doing, it's worth overdoing.
Poll: Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the EU or leave the EU?

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 13:14 - Mar 2 with 948 viewsReuser_is_God

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 13:07 - Mar 2 by BorisOrTrevor

You my friend are talking sh*te. An addiction is fine if you stop it becoming a problem?!

An addiction is fine if you can control it, i.e. stopping it becoming a problem, getting out of control etc.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 13:14 - Mar 2 with 944 viewsclive_baker

A couple of observations:

1) Why do people feel they have the right to dictate what is and isn't discussed on this board? Unless illegal, I don't see why a thread about gambling is any more or less appropriate that 'where we're drinking before the game' etc. I'm sensitive to people's issues but where do you draw the line? Nobody will ever be interested in all posts on here, some are and some aren't. I couldn't give less of a sh1t about NFL, Cricket, gardening, Derby County or parking at Gatwick There are many ways to no expose yourself to them, not clicking on the pissing thing being an obvious and effective one.

Secondly, those on this thread that have deliberately tried to provoke a reaction from Rommy, who in reality has done naff all wrong should be ashamed of yourselves. Some of you have well and truly shown yourselves up for the pathetic idiots you are.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 13:15 - Mar 2 with 942 viewsunbelievablue

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 13:13 - Mar 2 by Reuser_is_God

You can be addicted to things without it becoming a problem, no?

I've not got a gambling problem however I put a £5 acca on each week which I'm addicted too but that addiction isn't a problem.
[Post edited 2 Mar 2017 13:14]

That is a hobby, rather than an addiction.

From Psychology today:

"Addiction is a condition that results when a person ingests a substance or engages in an activity that can be pleasurable but the continuation of which becomes compulsive and interferes with ordinary responsibilities and concerns, such as work, relationships, or health. People who have developed an addiction may not be aware that their behavior is out of control and causing problems for themselves and others."

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 13:15 - Mar 2 with 936 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 13:03 - Mar 2 by taximan

well 2 hours is a hell of a long time to be away from imaginary friends

Here you go again.

Who said anything like that? I just said that talking rubbish on here to relative strangers is good when you want to get away from thinking about important things.

I'm sure you've had stuff go on in your personal life you've wanted to get away from before?

So on that note, please please PLEASE leave me alone. I won't be replying to you again.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 13:16 - Mar 2 with 928 viewsunbelievablue

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 13:14 - Mar 2 by Reuser_is_God

An addiction is fine if you can control it, i.e. stopping it becoming a problem, getting out of control etc.

By most definitions, addiction is not controllable. It is compulsive.

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 13:17 - Mar 2 with 925 viewsReuser_is_God

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 13:15 - Mar 2 by unbelievablue

That is a hobby, rather than an addiction.

From Psychology today:

"Addiction is a condition that results when a person ingests a substance or engages in an activity that can be pleasurable but the continuation of which becomes compulsive and interferes with ordinary responsibilities and concerns, such as work, relationships, or health. People who have developed an addiction may not be aware that their behavior is out of control and causing problems for themselves and others."

Fair enough, perhaps I just have a different understanding of addiction.

To me a gambling/drinking/anything addiction is different to a gambling/drinking/anything problem.
[Post edited 2 Mar 2017 13:17]

Evans out

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 13:17 - Mar 2 with 917 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 13:13 - Mar 2 by Reuser_is_God

You can be addicted to things without it becoming a problem, no?

I've not got a gambling problem however I put a £5 acca on each week which I'm addicted too but that addiction isn't a problem.
[Post edited 2 Mar 2017 13:14]

I can't be having that RIG

You would say you have a gambling addiction because of a £5 accumulator.

An addiction is something you can't get away from, something that controls your life and what you do. I can, and have in the past, quoite easily stop gambling.

I can also stop drinking if wanted to. I can stop going to Ipswich if I wanted to. The point is I don't want to as they are things that I do for entertainment and enjoyment.

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 13:18 - Mar 2 with 915 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 13:06 - Mar 2 by BorisOrTrevor

I wouldn't even bother justifying yourself to these idiots - if you want to gamble it is a choice you make you don't need people preaching their puritanical nonsense to you and you don't need to respond to all of them - just because it can be poison for some doesn't make it so for all - similarly alcohol. If the gambling thread is clearly marked as being so then people not interested - like Benters and his whining and tight fisted view of the world where every penny spent hurts, should just stay out of it with their views and leave to the people who do want to discuss.

Much appreciated

A very spot on post

Login to get fewer ads

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 13:19 - Mar 2 with 909 viewsReuser_is_God

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 13:17 - Mar 2 by The_Romford_Blue

I can't be having that RIG

You would say you have a gambling addiction because of a £5 accumulator.

An addiction is something you can't get away from, something that controls your life and what you do. I can, and have in the past, quoite easily stop gambling.

I can also stop drinking if wanted to. I can stop going to Ipswich if I wanted to. The point is I don't want to as they are things that I do for entertainment and enjoyment.

I have an addiction to doing that, yes.

As I've said elsewhere in the thread, I seem to have a different definition of addiction than most.

Oh well.

Evans out

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 13:19 - Mar 2 with 910 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 13:14 - Mar 2 by clive_baker

1) Why do people feel they have the right to dictate what is and isn't discussed on this board? Unless illegal, I don't see why a thread about gambling is any more or less appropriate that 'where we're drinking before the game' etc. I'm sensitive to people's issues but where do you draw the line? Nobody will ever be interested in all posts on here, some are and some aren't. I couldn't give less of a sh1t about NFL, Cricket, gardening, Derby County or parking at Gatwick There are many ways to no expose yourself to them, not clicking on the pissing thing being an obvious and effective one.

Secondly, those on this thread that have deliberately tried to provoke a reaction from Rommy, who in reality has done naff all wrong should be ashamed of yourselves. Some of you have well and truly shown yourselves up for the pathetic idiots you are.

Much appreciated

It's the same people (I don't mean RIG who is a good guy I think) who say the same stuff every time.

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 13:20 - Mar 2 with 906 viewsReuser_is_God

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 13:19 - Mar 2 by The_Romford_Blue

Much appreciated

It's the same people (I don't mean RIG who is a good guy I think) who say the same stuff every time.

You think?!?!?

EDIT: I do apologise if what I said caused offence, it wasn't meant to & in a round about way I was trying to give you a compliment by saying that despite gambling often you seem to have control of it (only going by what you post on here of course).
[Post edited 2 Mar 2017 13:22]

Evans out

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 13:20 - Mar 2 with 902 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 13:19 - Mar 2 by Reuser_is_God

As I've said elsewhere in the thread, I seem to have a different definition of addiction than most.

Oh well.

That's fair enough then.

But you can see why I've challenged you on the 'addiction' comment though as obviously I don't want people thinking I have no control over gambling. Which is what an addiction is.

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 13:21 - Mar 2 with 893 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 13:20 - Mar 2 by Reuser_is_God

You think?!?!?

EDIT: I do apologise if what I said caused offence, it wasn't meant to & in a round about way I was trying to give you a compliment by saying that despite gambling often you seem to have control of it (only going by what you post on here of course).
[Post edited 2 Mar 2017 13:22]

Heh

I have no idea how this thread became about my gambling habits either. But it so often does.

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 13:21 - Mar 2 with 887 viewsStenvict

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 13:03 - Mar 2 by taximan

well 2 hours is a hell of a long time to be away from imaginary friends

Serious question.

Are you jealous of Rommy?

The way I see it, you're seen as the village idiot along with a couple of others, and Rommy is seen as a decent enough, if not sometimes naive poster.

Rommy likes a bet, so do you, as you've mentioned about your Cheltenham bets, so you really shouldn't be disagreeing with him much on these subjects but you deliberately go out of your way to wind him up, which is quite sad, considering you're (I presume) a lot older than him with a job and better things to do.

Poll: What will be announced first?

on 13:21 - Mar 2 with 888 views_

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 09:28 - Mar 2 by Reuser_is_God

Not being funny mate but last week you linked a tweet which revealed your first name.

It's not a big deal really.

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 13:22 - Mar 2 with 878 viewsReuser_is_God

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 13:21 - Mar 2 by The_Romford_Blue

Heh

I have no idea how this thread became about my gambling habits either. But it so often does.

I wouldn't worry about that, most threads on here are on at a completely different tangent by the 2nd page.

Evans out

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 13:23 - Mar 2 with 878 viewsDolly2.0

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 13:04 - Mar 2 by Reuser_is_God

You don't understand do you?

An addiction isn't a problem unless you allow it to become one.

You're addicted to gambling because you gamble often, the same as I'm addicted to drinking because I drink often, the same as we're both addicted to ITFC because we go to watch them often.

No offence, but you don't seem to have the first clue about the nature of addiction.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 13:24 - Mar 2 with 871 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

on 13:21 - Mar 2 by _

If it was anyone else asides from Benters or Taxi, I'd have not said anything.

But between them they've mentioned my first name in posts (once in a thread I wasn't even in) 4 or 5 times since I linked my twitter account a few weeks back. And I've asked them to stop.

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 13:24 - Mar 2 with 862 viewsReuser_is_God

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 13:23 - Mar 2 by Dolly2.0

No offence, but you don't seem to have the first clue about the nature of addiction.

None taken.

Evans out

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 13:24 - Mar 2 with 862 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 13:22 - Mar 2 by Reuser_is_God

I wouldn't worry about that, most threads on here are on at a completely different tangent by the 2nd page.

Well quite.

The nature of the beast really

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 13:25 - Mar 2 with 856 viewsunbelievablue

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 13:19 - Mar 2 by Reuser_is_God

Oh well.

I'd suggest it is only an addiction if your £5 accumulator is uncontrollable or compulsive (e.g. you could not stop doing it, whatever the circumstances).

The danger with a definition of addiction such as yours is that phrases such as "let it become a problem" place, perhaps, too much of a blame on the individual without fairly considering all factors.

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 13:26 - Mar 2 with 851 viewsReuser_is_God

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 13:24 - Mar 2 by The_Romford_Blue

Well quite.

The nature of the beast really

In all seriousness though you ought to put ignore Benters & Taxi because you always end up have petty arguments on a daily basis, thus making this place even more tedious.

So what if they mention you, if you don't reply they'll get bored after a week.

Evans out

on 13:27 - Mar 2 with 843 views_

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 13:24 - Mar 2 by The_Romford_Blue

If it was anyone else asides from Benters or Taxi, I'd have not said anything.

But between them they've mentioned my first name in posts (once in a thread I wasn't even in) 4 or 5 times since I linked my twitter account a few weeks back. And I've asked them to stop.

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 13:31 - Mar 2 with 813 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 13:26 - Mar 2 by Reuser_is_God

In all seriousness though you ought to put ignore Benters & Taxi because you always end up have petty arguments on a daily basis, thus making this place even more tedious.

So what if they mention you, if you don't reply they'll get bored after a week.

I did once and someone PMd me saying I'd been mentioned again.

And then took taxi off ignore to respond.

Think I'll take your advice and do it again.

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 13:31 - Mar 2 with 812 viewsDolly2.0

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 13:14 - Mar 2 by clive_baker

1. It's an open forum. If people are allowed to post betting tips, others should be able to voice their concerns on this. Posts about drinking aren't the same. As far as I'm aware, you can't download a pint of beer off the internet. It's not simply a case of whether you're interested in the subject or not, some think it's inappropriate to be on here at all.

2. I've never tried to provoke Rommers, I've just simply stated my view on the subject and played devil's advocate somewhat. Someone who cares what others are reading (particularly the young or easily influenced) aren't "pathetic idiots".

That's not to say there aren't some pathetic idiots on here

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024