Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? 23:40 - Mar 1 with 21641 viewsflashblue

Sick of all the posts about fantastic odds encouraging others to bet.

If something's worth doing, it's worth overdoing.
Poll: Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the EU or leave the EU?

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 13:32 - Mar 2 with 2031 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

on 13:27 - Mar 2 by _

I know I do

It's a weakness of mine to have the last word. Same in real life too.

Cheers

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 13:33 - Mar 2 with 2016 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 13:31 - Mar 2 by Dolly2.0

1. It's an open forum. If people are allowed to post betting tips, others should be able to voice their concerns on this. Posts about drinking aren't the same. As far as I'm aware, you can't download a pint of beer off the internet. It's not simply a case of whether you're interested in the subject or not, some think it's inappropriate to be on here at all.

2. I've never tried to provoke Rommers, I've just simply stated my view on the subject and played devil's advocate somewhat. Someone who cares what others are reading (particularly the young or easily influenced) aren't "pathetic idiots".

That's not to say there aren't some pathetic idiots on here

1) I think that was in reference to the OPs comments tbh

2) I think that was in reference to two posters looking for a reaction from me as usual.

Doubt he meant yourself Dolly

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 13:35 - Mar 2 with 2002 viewsDolly2.0

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 13:33 - Mar 2 by The_Romford_Blue

1) I think that was in reference to the OPs comments tbh

2) I think that was in reference to two posters looking for a reaction from me as usual.

Doubt he meant yourself Dolly

No I'm sure he didn't, just saying...

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 13:38 - Mar 2 with 1981 viewshoppy

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 13:31 - Mar 2 by Dolly2.0

1. It's an open forum. If people are allowed to post betting tips, others should be able to voice their concerns on this. Posts about drinking aren't the same. As far as I'm aware, you can't download a pint of beer off the internet. It's not simply a case of whether you're interested in the subject or not, some think it's inappropriate to be on here at all.

2. I've never tried to provoke Rommers, I've just simply stated my view on the subject and played devil's advocate somewhat. Someone who cares what others are reading (particularly the young or easily influenced) aren't "pathetic idiots".

Oi. I'm offended by that comment. Not all the idiots on here are pathetic.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 13:40 - Mar 2 with 1968 viewsDolly2.0

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 13:38 - Mar 2 by hoppy

Oi. I'm offended by that comment. Not all the idiots on here are pathetic.

That's true. Some of them are really good idiots.

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 14:13 - Mar 2 with 1905 viewsBigalhunter

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 13:03 - Mar 2 by taximan

well 2 hours is a hell of a long time to be away from imaginary friends

Bonehead & keyboard reunited after brief search...
Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 14:16 - Mar 2 with 1901 viewsJ2BLUE

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 08:30 - Mar 2 by GavTWTD

No, I agree and it's on my to-do list.

Thank you Gav, that would be appreciated.

I sympathise with people who genuinely don't wish to see gambling threads for good reasons but can I ask, once we're sent off into a side room, that you don't tolerate people coming onto the gambling forum to continue preaching? They have got their way. Once it has been completed they should have the decency to keep quiet.

One last point to all of you who have a problem with gambling but think drinking and drugs are so cool...you can delude yourselves all you want but this is nothing but double standards. Your denial of the similarities simply doesn't add up. Benters can post that he aims to drink a pint every 20 minutes on a match day like it's some sort of badge of honour and yet if 10 of us stick a quid on a collective acca we're the ones with the problem. You can talk about 24/7 access all you want as if there isn't a shop selling alcohol within a short walk of your homes, supermarkets who will bring cheaply priced alcohol to your door and even websites like Just Eat who will happily deliver as much alcohol as you like late into the night. There was even a delivery service which was exclusively alcohol from a shop on Broke Hall for a good while. Regular posters on here have created a myth that drinking and drugs are cool but gambling is terrible. It seems people only worry about kids seeing this stuff if it's about gambling. Encouraging them to drink and take drugs like 'proper lads' is just part of the culture.

I have nothing else to say other than out of respect for those who don't want to see gambling threads for good reasons I will happily keep all gambling talk on one thread which people can then ignore if other TWTD gamblers agree.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 14:30 - Mar 2 with 1853 viewsclive_baker

I wasn't referring to you.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 14:41 - Mar 2 with 1820 viewsartsbossbeard

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 14:16 - Mar 2 by J2BLUE

I sympathise with people who genuinely don't wish to see gambling threads for good reasons but can I ask, once we're sent off into a side room, that you don't tolerate people coming onto the gambling forum to continue preaching? They have got their way. Once it has been completed they should have the decency to keep quiet.

One last point to all of you who have a problem with gambling but think drinking and drugs are so cool...you can delude yourselves all you want but this is nothing but double standards. Your denial of the similarities simply doesn't add up. Benters can post that he aims to drink a pint every 20 minutes on a match day like it's some sort of badge of honour and yet if 10 of us stick a quid on a collective acca we're the ones with the problem. You can talk about 24/7 access all you want as if there isn't a shop selling alcohol within a short walk of your homes, supermarkets who will bring cheaply priced alcohol to your door and even websites like Just Eat who will happily deliver as much alcohol as you like late into the night. There was even a delivery service which was exclusively alcohol from a shop on Broke Hall for a good while. Regular posters on here have created a myth that drinking and drugs are cool but gambling is terrible. It seems people only worry about kids seeing this stuff if it's about gambling. Encouraging them to drink and take drugs like 'proper lads' is just part of the culture.

I have nothing else to say other than out of respect for those who don't want to see gambling threads for good reasons I will happily keep all gambling talk on one thread which people can then ignore if other TWTD gamblers agree.

*removes J2 from house party invite list*

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 14:51 - Mar 2 with 1802 viewsimsureazzure

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 14:16 - Mar 2 by J2BLUE

"Regular posters on here have created a myth that drinking and drugs are cool but gambling is terrible"

All of the above are ace at the right time.

People who state that gambling is a "mugs game" are the real mugs, they fail to understand it.
Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 14:51 - Mar 2 with 1802 viewsJ2BLUE

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 14:41 - Mar 2 by artsbossbeard

*removes J2 from house party invite list*

Your loss, I was going to bring Scotch Eggs and Newcastle ale.

Truly impaired.

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 14:56 - Mar 2 with 1781 viewsJ2BLUE

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 14:51 - Mar 2 by imsureazzure

"Regular posters on here have created a myth that drinking and drugs are cool but gambling is terrible"

All of the above are ace at the right time.

People who state that gambling is a "mugs game" are the real mugs, they fail to understand it.

I started posting on here at age 12 so i'm not looking to promote gambling as a good thing. All three are bad in excess and a personal choice if you wish to do them responsibly.

Truly impaired.

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 15:08 - Mar 2 with 1748 viewsBenters

Thanks for the mention.

Did i say 20 mins i meaant 15 sorry about that !

I dont give a toss who gambles on what to be honest,but to say you dont have a addiction is wrong.

It doesnt matter if you put £1 or £100 on a bet a bet is a bet .

For the record i havent had a beer since Sunday,and before that it was a week inbetween.

Like Dolly said you can gamble 24/7 on line,yet you will never be able to download a pint.

Im out .

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 15:18 - Mar 2 with 1721 viewsJ2BLUE

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 15:08 - Mar 2 by Benters

Thanks for the mention.

I dont give a toss who gambles on what to be honest,but to say you dont have a addiction is wrong.

For the record i havent had a beer since Sunday,and before that it was a week inbetween.

Like Dolly said you can gamble 24/7 on line,yet you will never be able to download a pint.

Im out .

'I dont give a toss who gambles on what to be honest,but to say you dont have a addiction is wrong.'

This isn't really worth replying to as anyone sensible knows it's rubbish. It's like me saying it doesn't matter if you have half a pint three times a week with lunch or 10 pints in the pub each night, you have an addiction.

There are periods where i'll bet several times a day (weekends) and there are weeks where i'll bet absolutely nothing (most international breaks). Today is a no bet day as there is no football.

Truly impaired.

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 15:18 - Mar 2 with 1719 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 15:08 - Mar 2 by Benters

Thanks for the mention.

Im out .

So now that's both J2 and myself on this thread you've accused of having a gambling addiction

Out of interest, who else would you say on here? Sitters? Ryorry? Admirel? Taxi?

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 15:23 - Mar 2 with 1706 viewsRyorry

Very well said J2 - the sheer double standards and hypocrisy of some on here sometimes are just mindboggling.
[Post edited 2 Mar 2017 15:24]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 15:27 - Mar 2 with 1689 viewsJ2BLUE

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 15:18 - Mar 2 by The_Romford_Blue

So now that's both J2 and myself on this thread you've accused of having a gambling addiction

Out of interest, who else would you say on here? Sitters? Ryorry? Admirel? Taxi?

Don't take it personally. It's what he wants. The amusing thing is i'm mainly a matched betting 'gambler' which is like having all the thrill of money at risk completely removed. I was playing a slot in front of someone the other day and they said why don't you increase your stake. I answered that using minimum stakes decreased the variance and it was all about extracting as much cash as possible from the offer. There's very little emotion to it.

As for my main betting, my biggest stake on the biggest racing gambling event of the year is (and will remain) £3.50! Less than a pint of Ghost Ship :)

I wonder if Benters has realised that every shot he takes at us is a shot at Taximan?

Truly impaired.

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 15:36 - Mar 2 with 1652 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 15:27 - Mar 2 by J2BLUE

Don't take it personally. It's what he wants. The amusing thing is i'm mainly a matched betting 'gambler' which is like having all the thrill of money at risk completely removed. I was playing a slot in front of someone the other day and they said why don't you increase your stake. I answered that using minimum stakes decreased the variance and it was all about extracting as much cash as possible from the offer. There's very little emotion to it.

As for my main betting, my biggest stake on the biggest racing gambling event of the year is (and will remain) £3.50! Less than a pint of Ghost Ship :)

I wonder if Benters has realised that every shot he takes at us is a shot at Taximan?

I had to chuckle in that gambling thread the other day when Benters was having a moan at me over something on there (the usual rubbish) and the very next reply was from taxi to someone alse that he's saves up £3500 for Cheltenham next week to bet with.

Shockingly, Benters ignored that comment from taxi.

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 15:39 - Mar 2 with 1638 viewsRyorry

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 15:18 - Mar 2 by The_Romford_Blue

I wouldn't worry about it - just remember that less than 4 hrs ago (on p.5 of this thread) he said of himself

"As for being a idiot maybe i am but i dont care"

A broken clock's always right twice a day etc (yeah yeah, once a day if it's a 24-hr clock! )
[Post edited 2 Mar 2017 15:41]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 15:51 - Mar 2 with 1607 viewsitfcjoe

"You can talk about 24/7 access all you want as if there isn't a shop selling alcohol within a short walk of your homes, supermarkets who will bring cheaply priced alcohol to your door and even websites like Just Eat who will happily deliver as much alcohol as you like late into the night"

The whole point I make with this, is that barriers are put in place for other vices. Even if you were standing in a bookies it is better to bet online as better odds etc. Any vice that is more convenient should be less attractive in reality.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 15:53 - Mar 2 with 1602 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 15:51 - Mar 2 by itfcjoe

"You can talk about 24/7 access all you want as if there isn't a shop selling alcohol within a short walk of your homes, supermarkets who will bring cheaply priced alcohol to your door and even websites like Just Eat who will happily deliver as much alcohol as you like late into the night"

The whole point I make with this, is that barriers are put in place for other vices. Even if you were standing in a bookies it is better to bet online as better odds etc. Any vice that is more convenient should be less attractive in reality.

You'll find many of us agree with you Joe

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 16:03 - Mar 2 with 1574 viewsitfcjoe

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 15:53 - Mar 2 by The_Romford_Blue

You'll find many of us agree with you Joe

I know many do, and I'm personally not particularly anti-betting - I'm fortunate enough that I don't have a personality that gets addicted to the wrong things and am able to have a bet if I fancy one, or a beer and not worry whether I have one again for a little while.

I do worry when i see the rakes of profits these gambling companies make, and the amount of them that are popping up, because that is money directly out of peoples pockets that in many cases can't afford to lose it.

Betting has gone on forever, and will go on forever - but it is currently too convenient, easy and over advertised for my liking.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 16:05 - Mar 2 with 1559 viewsSwailsey

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 13:31 - Mar 2 by The_Romford_Blue

I did once and someone PMd me saying I'd been mentioned again.

And then took taxi off ignore to respond.

Think I'll take your advice and do it again.

You should.

Not seeing what they are saying will make your life much more enjoyable on here, will make your mental health better and this place will become a respite for you again, rather than provoking the stress it's seemingly causing you.
Eventually they'll probably stop too.

If people message you, be polite and say thanks for letting me know, or just leave it.

Rising to things (unless totally justified) just makes you feel worse and keeps you in this cycle - and I'm talking from experience here.
[Post edited 2 Mar 2017 16:09]

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 16:09 - Mar 2 with 1546 viewsPinewoodblue

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 16:03 - Mar 2 by itfcjoe

I know many do, and I'm personally not particularly anti-betting - I'm fortunate enough that I don't have a personality that gets addicted to the wrong things and am able to have a bet if I fancy one, or a beer and not worry whether I have one again for a little while.

I do worry when i see the rakes of profits these gambling companies make, and the amount of them that are popping up, because that is money directly out of peoples pockets that in many cases can't afford to lose it.

Betting has gone on forever, and will go on forever - but it is currently too convenient, easy and over advertised for my liking.

Dread to think how much money is spent each day playing bingo online. Judging by the amount of advertising it must be a lot.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 16:12 - Mar 2 with 1512 viewsDolly2.0

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 14:30 - Mar 2 by clive_baker

I wasn't referring to you.

Sorry didn't mean to down arrow that.

No, I know you wasn't. I was just saying.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024