Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? 23:40 - Mar 1 with 21714 viewsflashblue

Sick of all the posts about fantastic odds encouraging others to bet.

If something's worth doing, it's worth overdoing.
Poll: Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the EU or leave the EU?

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 20:28 - Mar 2 with 1208 viewsJ2BLUE

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 20:23 - Mar 2 by Dolly2.0

No, that has been mentioned.

Hardly a cacophony of drugs threads is it? Lucan in a train toilet and a thread from a year and seven months ago.

There have been more threads about my girlfriend in that time

It doesn't matter when it was when it still gets mentioned weekly! Someone actually posted it again the other day and I read it for the first time.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 20:30 - Mar 2 with 1203 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 20:23 - Mar 2 by Dolly2.0

No, that has been mentioned.

Hardly a cacophony of drugs threads is it? Lucan in a train toilet and a thread from a year and seven months ago.

There have been more threads about my girlfriend in that time

I used that one because it had plenty of substance to it.

How about all the casual mentions?

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 20:30 - Mar 2 with 1196 viewsDolly2.0

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 20:09 - Mar 2 by clive_baker

Rommy's just absolutely burned you there fella.

Goodnight.

Not in the slightest. I've explained why.

Sweet dreams.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 20:31 - Mar 2 with 1195 viewsJ2BLUE

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 20:28 - Mar 2 by The_Romford_Blue

Apparently despite finding exactly what he said for me to find, it doesn't count because it happened ages ago.

Unless his views have changed within that time, the timespan is irrelevant.

He quite clearly glamorised drug taking on the forum. Exactly what he claims my gambling threads do.

Basically Dolly likes drugs and alcohol so they don't count. All these pages to get further confirmation of what we already knew. People have double standards.

Truly impaired.

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 20:36 - Mar 2 with 1178 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Some more drugs talk fillers including someone freely admitting they try to do weed every day.

http://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/332622/page:1

Or this one:

http://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/375483/page:1

Edit - I'm referring to the comments within the threads and not the OPs
[Post edited 2 Mar 2017 20:37]

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 20:40 - Mar 2 with 1162 viewsDolly2.0

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 20:25 - Mar 2 by J2BLUE

Rommers has posted plenty of examples. There's also the Lucan train thread. Lots of other casual mentions such as Melford posting about rolling a joint after work etc. It's mainly alcohol though as you know. You've chosen to focus on drugs because you wouldn't be able to say gambling is more of an issue than alcohol with a straight face.

I meant we acquired it from older people. We didn't get served ourselves. Someone had an older brother/cousin/young uncle etc. I'm sure that is still true to this day.

I can't answer if that still goes on today.

The debate went down a drugs route for whatever reason. Yes rommers posted examples, but they were all from the one thread of 1 year and 7 months ago, most of which weren't actually glamorising drugs. Just saying it doesn't make it true. I don't know the Melford one, but that's ONE other you've managed to quote... along with the frankly lazy "etc." (not a dig at you per se, we're all guilty of using etc. like that).

Is there (honestly) an issue with drugs on TWTD?! Really? If an admin wants to chip in here, feel free.

Granted there are more alcohol threads than drugs... but I still don't think it's at the level of the gambling ones. There are one or two most days.

I think this is deflection by the pro-gambling group.

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 20:44 - Mar 2 with 1145 viewsJ2BLUE

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 20:40 - Mar 2 by Dolly2.0

The debate went down a drugs route for whatever reason. Yes rommers posted examples, but they were all from the one thread of 1 year and 7 months ago, most of which weren't actually glamorising drugs. Just saying it doesn't make it true. I don't know the Melford one, but that's ONE other you've managed to quote... along with the frankly lazy "etc." (not a dig at you per se, we're all guilty of using etc. like that).

Is there (honestly) an issue with drugs on TWTD?! Really? If an admin wants to chip in here, feel free.

Granted there are more alcohol threads than drugs... but I still don't think it's at the level of the gambling ones. There are one or two most days.

End of thread as far as i'm concerned. Nothing will cut through such willful delusion. If you truly believe gambling is bigger than alcohol we must be on different forums. No way is there 1-2 gambling threads per day. Perhaps original threads get bumped but news ones don't get started. Go back to last Sunday and look at all the threads of people worrying how they were going to get to drink before a 12pm kick off. Away days are drinking days. The football comes second as posters like Texters have admitted before.

I'm done now Dolly. We'll have to agree to disagree.

Truly impaired.

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 20:46 - Mar 2 with 1136 viewsDolly2.0

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 20:28 - Mar 2 by The_Romford_Blue

Apparently despite finding exactly what he said for me to find, it doesn't count because it happened ages ago.

He quite clearly glamorised drug taking on the forum. Exactly what he claims my gambling threads do.

You are utterly wrong on every count.

I have posited that gambling threads are far more frequent than drugs ones - FACT. Drugs threads are not a big issue on here.

The timespan IS relevant. I hadn't even met my girlfriend when that thread was started. It was a long time ago - only 5 months short of two years!

Please post a quote from me where I have "quite clearly glamorised drug taking" (clue: stating facts isn't glamorising it).

Login to get fewer ads

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 20:48 - Mar 2 with 1127 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 20:40 - Mar 2 by Dolly2.0

Dolly I think you are missing the point tbh.

All I said was there was double standards as people who moan about the gambling threads are those who will quite happily talk about doing drugs and drinking alcohol. You challenged me to find examples on drugs. I found enough just from that first thread in examples to show how drugs were being spoken about like there's not a danger taking them.

That same danger comes with gambling when you first start.

You CAN get addicted to gambling.
You CAN get addicted to drugs.
You CAN get addicted to alcohol.

My posts you claim could cause young children to take that first step and place a bet. That one bet becomes 2 bets which becomes an addiction.

So how comes that time when you posted about doing cocaine, acid and weed? Surely the children reading that could have their first spliff. That first spliff becomes two and that becomes an addiction.

There's the double standard I'm talking about.

If you would like me to find a list of examples for alcohol I will.

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 20:49 - Mar 2 with 1122 viewsGlasgowBlue

In fairness Rommers Dolly has moved on since those posts. Back then he didn't have a girlfriend and thought thought Paul Jewell was a great football manager, Jordan Rhodes would tear up the Premier League, Russel Brand would make a great Prime Minister and Drenge would be the next big band.
[Post edited 2 Mar 2017 20:50]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 20:53 - Mar 2 with 1098 viewsDolly2.0

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 20:30 - Mar 2 by The_Romford_Blue

I used that one because it had plenty of substance to it.

How about all the casual mentions?

I've really not noticed them.

They are nothing compared to the daily gambling threads.

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 20:54 - Mar 2 with 1095 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 20:46 - Mar 2 by Dolly2.0

You are utterly wrong on every count.

I have posited that gambling threads are far more frequent than drugs ones - FACT. Drugs threads are not a big issue on here.

The timespan IS relevant. I hadn't even met my girlfriend when that thread was started. It was a long time ago - only 5 months short of two years!

Please post a quote from me where I have "quite clearly glamorised drug taking" (clue: stating facts isn't glamorising it).

1) It's not about the drugs. How many times? It's about the drugs and alcohol threads from anti gambling posters.

2) The timespan isn't relevant. I used that thread as it had 21 pages. It had numerous instances of posters like yourself quite happily chatting about experiences you've had on different drugs.

3) I've already posted numerous instances of drugs being referred to as 'fun' and as 'cool' but you moved the goalposts as to the timespan so apparently they don't count.

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 20:57 - Mar 2 with 1079 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 20:53 - Mar 2 by Dolly2.0

I've really not noticed them.

They are nothing compared to the daily gambling threads.

Daily gambling threads? That's clearly an exaggeration.

How about alcohol then? How comes you don't moan about drinkers on every thread?

Tbh I don't think you are in any position to judge on gambling and comment how my threads could cause children to spiral into addiction but are happy to allow drinking ones as well as take drugs and comment on drugs on here.

Can you not see the hypocrisy Dolly? Honestly?

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 20:59 - Mar 2 with 1071 viewsDolly2.0

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 20:31 - Mar 2 by J2BLUE

Basically Dolly likes drugs and alcohol so they don't count. All these pages to get further confirmation of what we already knew. People have double standards.

I've not indulged in an illegal substance in more than a year, despite the industry I work in being awash with them (that's not glamorising, just stating a fact).

I am not aware of glamorising drugs or alcohol to anyone on here. I certainly haven't offered tips on what are the best drugs/tipples.

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 21:06 - Mar 2 with 1050 viewsDolly2.0

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 20:36 - Mar 2 by The_Romford_Blue

Some more drugs talk fillers including someone freely admitting they try to do weed every day.

Or this one:

I really can't be bothered to trawl through them. Feb and May. Which year?

Ok I give up. TWTD is awash with drugs. Riddled. It's far worse than I realised. Phil and gav are probably smacked up to the eyeballs which is why they haven't noticed.

You've beaten me Rommers. Drugs and booze are mentioned just as much as gambling. Keep it on the forum. In fact encourage kids to do it. It'll be fine.

Sigh.

I'm getting too old for this.

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 21:08 - Mar 2 with 1041 viewsRyorry

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 20:54 - Mar 2 by The_Romford_Blue

1) It's not about the drugs. How many times? It's about the drugs and alcohol threads from anti gambling posters.

2) The timespan isn't relevant. I used that thread as it had 21 pages. It had numerous instances of posters like yourself quite happily chatting about experiences you've had on different drugs.

3) I've already posted numerous instances of drugs being referred to as 'fun' and as 'cool' but you moved the goalposts as to the timespan so apparently they don't count.

Basically Rommy, if you realise that as far as some people are concerned, anything they don't like and don't do is bad, but everything they do do is fine/good/no problem, you'll save yourself an awful lot of time & stress

Poll: Time of the annunciation

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 21:12 - Mar 2 with 1014 viewsJ2BLUE

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 21:06 - Mar 2 by Dolly2.0

I really can't be bothered to trawl through them. Feb and May. Which year?

Ok I give up. TWTD is awash with drugs. Riddled. It's far worse than I realised. Phil and gav are probably smacked up to the eyeballs which is why they haven't noticed.

You've beaten me Rommers. Drugs and booze are mentioned just as much as gambling. Keep it on the forum. In fact encourage kids to do it. It'll be fine.

Sigh.

I'm getting too old for this.

Surprised someone of your intellect (being serious) has to resort to the Benters school of arguing where any debate = actively encouraging kids to gamble.

Truly impaired.

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 21:13 - Mar 2 with 1003 viewsDolly2.0

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 20:48 - Mar 2 by The_Romford_Blue

Dolly I think you are missing the point tbh.

All I said was there was double standards as people who moan about the gambling threads are those who will quite happily talk about doing drugs and drinking alcohol. You challenged me to find examples on drugs. I found enough just from that first thread in examples to show how drugs were being spoken about like there's not a danger taking them.

That same danger comes with gambling when you first start.

You CAN get addicted to gambling.
You CAN get addicted to drugs.
You CAN get addicted to alcohol.

My posts you claim could cause young children to take that first step and place a bet. That one bet becomes 2 bets which becomes an addiction.

So how comes that time when you posted about doing cocaine, acid and weed? Surely the children reading that could have their first spliff. That first spliff becomes two and that becomes an addiction.

There's the double standard I'm talking about.

If you would like me to find a list of examples for alcohol I will.

I get your point, but I'm sorry: "So how comes that time when you posted about doing cocaine, acid and weed?"

That is a blatant lie.

Where have I posted that I've done cocaine, acid and weed?

I will quit TWTD if you can show where I've said that. If you're lying you should quit TWTD.

It's me v you. Who is gone?

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 21:13 - Mar 2 with 1002 viewsitfcjoe

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 20:44 - Mar 2 by J2BLUE

End of thread as far as i'm concerned. Nothing will cut through such willful delusion. If you truly believe gambling is bigger than alcohol we must be on different forums. No way is there 1-2 gambling threads per day. Perhaps original threads get bumped but news ones don't get started. Go back to last Sunday and look at all the threads of people worrying how they were going to get to drink before a 12pm kick off. Away days are drinking days. The football comes second as posters like Texters have admitted before.

I'm done now Dolly. We'll have to agree to disagree.

Just to clarify my views - I'm not overly bothered by any threads, and I'm certainly not saying either is worse than the other and gambling threads should be banned, moved or whatever I'm happy with them where they are and the frequency and agree Dolly is being a hypocrite with his views.

And I've made myself clear why I think how accessible gambling is is a problem - fundamentally I don't believe it should be easier and better odds etc to bet at home than out at bookies etc. People should be punished for convenience like they are with alcohol, rather than rewarded like they are with gambling as I'd associate both things closely together. Both legal, and both accepted socially, but can cause problems for the minority

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 21:17 - Mar 2 with 976 viewsSwailsey

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 20:36 - Mar 2 by The_Romford_Blue

Or this one:

C'mon now. Stop this point scoring nonsense.

I'd understand if you're a strong anti-drugs advocate, but you're just doing it to get at Dolly, this trivialising the entire topic..

Leave it be mate - you've made your point.

TWTD discusses all things to do with life - drugs will come up because they're a part of it.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 21:17 - Mar 2 with 977 viewsDolly2.0

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 21:12 - Mar 2 by J2BLUE

Surprised someone of your intellect (being serious) has to resort to the Benters school of arguing where any debate = actively encouraging kids to gamble.

I give up. I'm done with TWTD.

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 21:25 - Mar 2 with 960 viewsJ2BLUE

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 21:13 - Mar 2 by Dolly2.0

I get your point, but I'm sorry: "So how comes that time when you posted about doing cocaine, acid and weed?"

That is a blatant lie.

I will quit TWTD if you can show where I've said that. If you're lying you should quit TWTD.

I can link to you posting that you have taken coke and MDMA if you want?

Not to get you to leave. I don't want you to leave.

Truly impaired.

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 21:28 - Mar 2 with 944 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 21:13 - Mar 2 by Dolly2.0

That is a blatant lie.

The 21 pager.

Have a read and get back to me. If all 3 of those weren't you, I apologise.

But you did say you'd done a few types of drugs on there and listed them

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 21:30 - Mar 2 with 935 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 21:17 - Mar 2 by Swailsey

I'd understand if you're a strong anti-drugs advocate, but you're just doing it to get at Dolly, this trivialising the entire topic..

TWTD discusses all things to do with life - drugs will come up because they're a part of it.

It's not point scoring though is it?

He asked me to find examples.

You can't moan at me for doing exactly as he asked for.

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 21:31 - Mar 2 with 921 viewsRyorry

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 21:17 - Mar 2 by Swailsey

Think you're being rather unfair there Chris - he's been accused of encouraging addiction, was challenged, and has simply defended himself by (amongst other things) pointing out the hypocrisy of those who've referred to the "fun" of taking drugs.

"TWTD discusses all things to do with life - drugs will come up because they're a part of it."

Yes, and so in that sense is gambling esp since (sorry for the repetition) this is a betting site which is partly funded/supported by bookies adverts. You could argue that kids reading this will actually have been receiving quite a good education, as they will now be well exposed, through lengthy debate, that betting doesn't mean always winning, and could lead to problems. Better to read this and be aware, than gambling remains some hidden & forbidden, therefore more tempting, fruit.

Poll: Time of the annunciation

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024