Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? 23:40 - Mar 1 with 21642 viewsflashblue

Sick of all the posts about fantastic odds encouraging others to bet.

If something's worth doing, it's worth overdoing.
Poll: Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the EU or leave the EU?

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 19:30 - Mar 2 with 1183 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 19:25 - Mar 2 by Dolly2.0

So TWTD should be encouraging it as well?

I'm sorry, two wrongs don't make a right.

Shops are very hot on not serving alcohol to those who look under 23 these days, cigarette advertising is banned and the fags are hidden in a plain cupboard in shops... I see no reason why gambling can't have its own hidden area on here. No reason at all.

How about example 5?

You wanted an example of drugs being glamorised and glorified that could get children reading the board to start doing drugs. Like my threads on the horse racing do apparently.

What do you have to say about example 5. I'll give you it again:
J2 said 'If any young kids are reading this I hope that's the point they take from this thread and not the 'oh it's not that addictive really and quite fun' stuff.

To which Dolly replied
'I hope they get properly informed and make their own decision.'

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 19:31 - Mar 2 with 1178 viewsDolly2.0

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 17:34 - Mar 2 by The_Romford_Blue

And another on that page at 12:50 in reply to Bluebell saying she doesn't do drugs and has not tried any:
'CONGRATULATIONS ON BEING HUGELY BORING'

Shall I keep going Dolly?

If you want to. It's ONE THREAD FROM SEVEN MONTHS AGO.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 19:35 - Mar 2 with 1170 viewsDolly2.0

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 17:40 - Mar 2 by GlasgowBlue

Rommers is getting a few blows* in there Dollers.

*No pun intended.
[Post edited 2 Mar 2017 17:46]

Except that he's quoting from one thread posted 7 months ago. I could pluck out several posts condoning gambling from the last week... and every week up to seven months ago... and beyond.

He's getting a few blows in but they're not really landing.

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 19:38 - Mar 2 with 1164 viewsDolly2.0

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 17:46 - Mar 2 by The_Romford_Blue

Example 5) I've just found an absolute classic from Dolly at 2:02 that is enough to end the entire conversation right here.

J2 said 'If any young kids are reading this I hope that's the point they take from this thread and not the 'oh it's not that addictive really and quite fun' stuff.

To which Dolly replied

http://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/351312/page:9

Page 9

Game, set and match to me.
[Post edited 2 Mar 2017 17:48]

I do hope kids get properly informed on drugs and stand by that.

You haven't won anything, you're still quoting from one thread from 7 months ago. Where are all these threads glamorising drugs?

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 19:40 - Mar 2 with 1162 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 19:38 - Mar 2 by Dolly2.0

I do hope kids get properly informed on drugs and stand by that.

You haven't won anything, you're still quoting from one thread from 7 months ago. Where are all these threads glamorising drugs?

Irrelevant if it's one thread or 1000 threads. There's 21 pages of stuff there with maybe 1/3 glamorising drugs.

So therefore my comment about double standards that you challenged would be correct.

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 19:41 - Mar 2 with 1154 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 19:35 - Mar 2 by Dolly2.0

Except that he's quoting from one thread posted 7 months ago. I could pluck out several posts condoning gambling from the last week... and every week up to seven months ago... and beyond.

He's getting a few blows in but they're not really landing.

It was actually a year and 7 months ago.

The date is irrelevant. The number of threads is irrelevant.

The point is you glorified drugs. So you are therefore a hypocrite?

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 19:52 - Mar 2 with 1139 viewsDolly2.0

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 19:13 - Mar 2 by The_Romford_Blue

I've literally listed half a dozen examples.

One of which was yourself glorifying drugs to kids and failing to condemn them if kids are reading when brought to you. Example 5 if you are wondering
[Post edited 2 Mar 2017 19:14]

I didn't read the rest of the thread before posting that reply.

You seem to think you have won the debate while i wasn't even online to answer. As you will see from my other replies, you have quoted stuff from ONE thread SEVEN months ago. I can quite easily beat you on drugs v gambling threads on TWTD. And most of what you've quoted isn't glamorising drugs at all (particularly where I said i hope kids get informed).

I'm afraid you got a little overexcited when you saw that thread. The reality is gambling threads outnumber drugs threads by a colossal amount and you're starting to make yourself look silly.

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 19:55 - Mar 2 with 1136 viewsJ2BLUE

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 16:59 - Mar 2 by Dolly2.0

Look, we could go down all sorts of routes talking about how different bad things could be restricted and spend hours and hours on putting the world to rights.

I see nothing too inconveniencing for anyone to put gambling in its own private section. What's the problem with it?

As you may know, I had a crack at the matched betting you do, and as you also know - you have to open a lot of accounts to do it. I found some restricting and with good checks, others not so much. I imagine most savvy kids could get round it if they really wanted to.

It's a bit different to walking in somewhere to buy alcohol where you're highly visible.

My problem with it? My first reply was thanking Gav and accepting it.

As you said earlier, if we're going to talk about gambling then we should allow criticism. I'll turn that on you. If you're going to criticise you should allow reasonable debate. You and Joe are arguing on an accessibility standpoint. I responded with why I disagreed. It then became about kids for some reason. You argue they couldn't just walk into a shop and buy alcohol. Either you are naive or you are deliberately twisting things to suit your stance because I assure you it wasn't hard to get hold of alcohol for me and my mates in school. We acquired bottles of spirits, beers, alcopops and individual shots like Sidewinders with ease. It's the same with drugs. Personally I have never done any sort of illegal drugs but a lot of my friends got hold of it with ease. Not just in Ipswich but in lots of places.

Alcohol, gambling and drugs are all ridiculously accessible. All we are arguing for is for people to admit that and stop deluding themselves. TWTD glorifies drugs and alcohol but gambling is terrible.

I could give you loads of examples off the top of my head where drinking and drugs are glorified but you don't care about that.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 19:56 - Mar 2 with 1136 viewsDolly2.0

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 19:30 - Mar 2 by The_Romford_Blue

How about example 5?

You wanted an example of drugs being glamorised and glorified that could get children reading the board to start doing drugs. Like my threads on the horse racing do apparently.

What do you have to say about example 5. I'll give you it again:

To which Dolly replied

I've answered this. It is a fact that drugs are fun - that's why people take them. But I would hope kids get properly informed before dabbling, as i did.

In what way have I "glamorised and glorified" them with that statement?

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 20:01 - Mar 2 with 1130 viewsDolly2.0

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 19:40 - Mar 2 by The_Romford_Blue

Irrelevant if it's one thread or 1000 threads. There's 21 pages of stuff there with maybe 1/3 glamorising drugs.

So therefore my comment about double standards that you challenged would be correct.

No it's not irrelevant. You've said that drugs are glamorised on TWTD as much as gambling is. You've quoted several posts from one thread seven months ago. It is an anomaly.

TWTD is not awash with drugs threads. You've proved that by quoting so often from ONE.

"Irrelevant if it's one thread or 1000 threads" - ironic, because there's probably one drugs thread for every 1000 gambling threads on here!

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 20:02 - Mar 2 with 1121 viewsJ2BLUE

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 20:01 - Mar 2 by Dolly2.0

No it's not irrelevant. You've said that drugs are glamorised on TWTD as much as gambling is. You've quoted several posts from one thread seven months ago. It is an anomaly.

TWTD is not awash with drugs threads. You've proved that by quoting so often from ONE.

"Irrelevant if it's one thread or 1000 threads" - ironic, because there's probably one drugs thread for every 1000 gambling threads on here!

Are we forgetting the Lucan train thread which has become TWTD legend?

Truly impaired.

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 20:04 - Mar 2 with 1112 viewsDolly2.0

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 19:41 - Mar 2 by The_Romford_Blue

It was actually a year and 7 months ago.

The date is irrelevant. The number of threads is irrelevant.

The point is you glorified drugs. So you are therefore a hypocrite?

Wow, it gets better. ONE YEAR AND SEVEN MONTHS AGO?!?!? How many gambling threads have there been in that time?!

How am I a hypocrite for stating facts? Where have I GLAMORISED drugs?! Where have i said they are cool and people should do them?

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 20:09 - Mar 2 with 1088 viewsclive_baker

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 19:11 - Mar 2 by Dolly2.0

That is the ONE thread I can think of that maybe glamorised drugs (if snorting some unknown powder alone in a train toilet is glamorous - not for me but each to their own).

What other threads have their been? There is a gambling thread or two virtually every day.

Rommy's just absolutely burned you there fella.

Goodnight.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 20:10 - Mar 2 with 1083 viewsBluebell

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 20:11 - Mar 2 with 1078 viewsJ2BLUE

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 20:10 - Mar 2 by Bluebell

Then stop clicking the thread. Happy to help.

Truly impaired.

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 20:16 - Mar 2 with 1051 viewsBluebell

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 20:11 - Mar 2 by J2BLUE

Then stop clicking the thread. Happy to help.

I didn't actually. I went out, walked my son's dog, then had tea and cake with a friend. Have since had dinner, watched the news, watched a programme I missed yesterday evening on catch up and then come for a look on here.

And the thread is the top of the page, up to page 11, which indicates it's still going on.

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 20:17 - Mar 2 with 1045 viewsJ2BLUE

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 20:16 - Mar 2 by Bluebell

I didn't actually. I went out, walked my son's dog, then had tea and cake with a friend. Have since had dinner, watched the news, watched a programme I missed yesterday evening on catch up and then come for a look on here.

And the thread is the top of the page, up to page 11, which indicates it's still going on.

Then you clicked it and replied...

Truly impaired.

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 20:19 - Mar 2 with 1039 viewsDolly2.0

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 19:55 - Mar 2 by J2BLUE

My problem with it? My first reply was thanking Gav and accepting it.

As you said earlier, if we're going to talk about gambling then we should allow criticism. I'll turn that on you. If you're going to criticise you should allow reasonable debate. You and Joe are arguing on an accessibility standpoint. I responded with why I disagreed. It then became about kids for some reason. You argue they couldn't just walk into a shop and buy alcohol. Either you are naive or you are deliberately twisting things to suit your stance because I assure you it wasn't hard to get hold of alcohol for me and my mates in school. We acquired bottles of spirits, beers, alcopops and individual shots like Sidewinders with ease. It's the same with drugs. Personally I have never done any sort of illegal drugs but a lot of my friends got hold of it with ease. Not just in Ipswich but in lots of places.

Alcohol, gambling and drugs are all ridiculously accessible. All we are arguing for is for people to admit that and stop deluding themselves. TWTD glorifies drugs and alcohol but gambling is terrible.

I could give you loads of examples off the top of my head where drinking and drugs are glorified but you don't care about that.

You're putting words in my mouth. Of course i care if people are glamorising drugs to kids. I just don't see it as big of an issue as gambling on TWTD. If you want to give me loads of examples off the top of your head where drugs have been glamorised on TWTD, feel free. I bet you won't/can't.

The debate didn't become "about kids for some reason". It has always been about kids and the easily influenced.

You may well have got alcohol easily when you were at school, but that was decades ago. The rules are much tighter these days and the penalties heavier. My g.f. was asked for ID the other day and shes 30. She was well chuffed... and considering I'm 45 this year, so was I!!!

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 20:19 - Mar 2 with 1033 viewsBluebell

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 20:17 - Mar 2 by J2BLUE

Then you clicked it and replied...

Only to annoy you.
Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 20:21 - Mar 2 with 1025 viewsJ2BLUE

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 20:19 - Mar 2 by Bluebell

Only to annoy you.

You don't annoy me anymore to be honest.

Truly impaired.

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 20:23 - Mar 2 with 1014 viewsDolly2.0

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 20:02 - Mar 2 by J2BLUE

Are we forgetting the Lucan train thread which has become TWTD legend?

No, that has been mentioned.

Hardly a cacophony of drugs threads is it? Lucan in a train toilet and a thread from a year and seven months ago.

There have been more threads about my girlfriend in that time

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 20:23 - Mar 2 with 1009 viewsBluebell

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 20:21 - Mar 2 by J2BLUE

You don't annoy me anymore to be honest.

That's good to know.

Will you be my BFF?
Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 20:25 - Mar 2 with 1000 viewsJ2BLUE

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 20:19 - Mar 2 by Dolly2.0

You're putting words in my mouth. Of course i care if people are glamorising drugs to kids. I just don't see it as big of an issue as gambling on TWTD. If you want to give me loads of examples off the top of your head where drugs have been glamorised on TWTD, feel free. I bet you won't/can't.

The debate didn't become "about kids for some reason". It has always been about kids and the easily influenced.

You may well have got alcohol easily when you were at school, but that was decades ago. The rules are much tighter these days and the penalties heavier. My g.f. was asked for ID the other day and shes 30. She was well chuffed... and considering I'm 45 this year, so was I!!!

Rommers has posted plenty of examples. There's also the Lucan train thread. Lots of other casual mentions such as Melford posting about rolling a joint after work etc. It's mainly alcohol though as you know. You've chosen to focus on drugs because you wouldn't be able to say gambling is more of an issue than alcohol with a straight face.

I meant we acquired it from older people. We didn't get served ourselves. Someone had an older brother/cousin/young uncle etc. I'm sure that is still true to this day.

Truly impaired.

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 20:26 - Mar 2 with 983 viewsJ2BLUE

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 20:23 - Mar 2 by Bluebell

That's good to know.

Will you be my BFF?

No. You don't annoy me anymore because I realised you're just self-righteous and I decided not to let you

Truly impaired.

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 20:28 - Mar 2 with 970 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Can we have a separate forum for all gambling posts on here? on 20:09 - Mar 2 by clive_baker

Rommy's just absolutely burned you there fella.

Goodnight.

Apparently despite finding exactly what he said for me to find, it doesn't count because it happened ages ago.

Unless his views have changed within that time, the timespan is irrelevant.

He quite clearly glamorised drug taking on the forum. Exactly what he claims my gambling threads do.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024