Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Most cringe worthy pre match / half time entertainment 13:28 - Mar 2 with 6818 viewsBowls1e

What has been the most cringe worthy pre match / half time entertainment you've ever seen at a football ground.

I think ours must surely be those shocking cheerleaders that used to dance on the centre circle!
Most cringe worthy pre match / half time entertainment on 11:01 - Mar 3 with 1260 viewsLord_Lucan

Most cringe worthy pre match / half time entertainment on 10:18 - Mar 3 by Bowls1e

That Hockey Stadium was terrible. Got to have been one of the most bizarre away days ever.

I had a great day.

I remember back around 1979 against Man C a load of actors came on at half time and proceeded to try and play football and be filmed for a sequence in - a film.

I assume that they done this so they had an actual crowd in the background and a bit of crowd noise.

Cue Man C and Ipswich fans chanting in unison "What a load of poofters".

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Most cringe worthy pre match / half time entertainment on 11:47 - Mar 3 with 1224 viewsRadlett_blue

Most cringe worthy pre match / half time entertainment on 11:01 - Mar 3 by Lord_Lucan

I had a great day.

I remember back around 1979 against Man C a load of actors came on at half time and proceeded to try and play football and be filmed for a sequence in - a film.

I assume that they done this so they had an actual crowd in the background and a bit of crowd noise.

Cue Man C and Ipswich fans chanting in unison "What a load of poofters".

You are referring to "Yesterday's Hero", starring Ian McShane. I think they had to film a sequence which involved him scoring a goal about 3 times before he put the ball in the back of the net, to ironic cheers.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Most cringe worthy pre match / half time entertainment on 12:01 - Mar 3 with 1211 viewsLord_Lucan

Most cringe worthy pre match / half time entertainment on 11:47 - Mar 3 by Radlett_blue

You are referring to "Yesterday's Hero", starring Ian McShane. I think they had to film a sequence which involved him scoring a goal about 3 times before he put the ball in the back of the net, to ironic cheers.

Yes, that's the one.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Most cringe worthy pre match / half time entertainment on 13:47 - Mar 3 with 1172 viewsThrobbe

Awful though they were, the town cheerleaders are not a patch on the Peterborough Rockettes. Genuinely cringeworthy, a bit too 'Yewtree' for comfort.

TWTD Cycling Herbert

Most cringe worthy pre match / half time entertainment on 15:36 - Mar 3 with 1146 viewsBowls1e

That scum fan that used to dress up in a tutu & wave a magic wand before the derby game has got to be up there for cringe worthy moments for that shower up the road.
Most cringe worthy pre match / half time entertainment on 16:34 - Mar 3 with 1112 viewsTractorWood

Both at Ipswich, it's a toss up between cheer leading to a slow brass band and the dizzy blind penalties a few seasons ago where the contestants failed to make contact with the ball let alone score.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Most cringe worthy pre match / half time entertainment on 18:02 - Mar 3 with 1087 viewsNoCanariesAllowed

Most cringe worthy pre match / half time entertainment on 16:34 - Mar 3 by TractorWood

Both at Ipswich, it's a toss up between cheer leading to a slow brass band and the dizzy blind penalties a few seasons ago where the contestants failed to make contact with the ball let alone score.

Blindfold penalties still takes the biscuit for me. Talk about an idea that collapsed the moment anyone actually tried it.
Most cringe worthy pre match / half time entertainment on 18:24 - Mar 3 with 1060 viewspatrickswell

October 1998 and I'm making my first visit to Portman Road in 11 years to see us play Swindon Town. I've bought the replica shirt which I still wear today and the In Quest of Glory book about Bobby Robson's time at Ipswich. I take my seat in the North Stand, 45 minutes before kick off so as to soak up the atmosphere...and on come 21st Century Girls to mime to their only pop single to widespread indifference. Then they compound the crap by having them come out and "sing" it again at half time.

The legacy is that I don't take my seat until 5 minutes before kick off nowadays.
Login to get fewer ads

Most cringe worthy pre match / half time entertainment on 19:35 - Mar 3 with 1032 viewsPJH

Most cringe worthy pre match / half time entertainment on 20:36 - Mar 2 by MJallday

i rather liked the sky sports cheerleaders in the early 90s

They were great pre-match and at halftime at Naarwich when we won 2-0 just before xmas 1992,they were in little christmas outfits I seem to recall.
Most cringe worthy pre match / half time entertainment on 21:36 - Mar 3 with 1003 views3_5_2

What was the name of that girl who smashed on 3 pens in front of the Sir Bobby, last season?

Got to the final and missed them all.

Great entertainment

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024