Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Top flight, Ipswich born players who didn't play for Town 09:23 - Mar 7 with 4871 viewschevblue

Gary Bailey (Manchester United)
Ruel Fox (Norwich, Newcastle, Spurs, WBA)

Must be others?

Blog: [Blog] Total Football

Top flight, Ipswich born players who didn't play for Town on 09:26 - Mar 7 with 3441 viewsITFC_Forever

Richard Hall
Matt Upson (although he was born in Eye according to Wiki)
Louie Donowa
[Post edited 7 Mar 2017 9:30]

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Top flight, Ipswich born players who didn't play for Town on 09:29 - Mar 7 with 3440 viewsPhilTWTD

Are we limiting this to Ipswich or Ipswich area? Jon Sammels played for Arsenal and Leicester and was from Grundisburgh, went to Farlingaye.
Top flight, Ipswich born players who didn't play for Town on 09:31 - Mar 7 with 3407 viewsGeoffSentence

Richard Hall - Southampton and West Ham

If you aren't too strict and allow in Suffolk born folk then you could also include Matthew Upson.

Edit: Darn beaten to both of them
[Post edited 7 Mar 2017 9:31]

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Top flight, Ipswich born players who didn't play for Town on 09:31 - Mar 7 with 3391 viewsitfcjoe

Ian Storey-Moore

Jason Kearton - but wrong Ipswich

Few other local ones like Stuart O'Keefe and Ryan Bennett but not Ipswich

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Top flight, Ipswich born players who didn't play for Town on 09:31 - Mar 7 with 3389 viewsITFC_Forever

Top flight, Ipswich born players who didn't play for Town on 09:31 - Mar 7 by GeoffSentence

If you aren't too strict and allow in Suffolk born folk then you could also include Matthew Upson.

Oi, stop copying my answers.

Top flight, Ipswich born players who didn't play for Town on 09:32 - Mar 7 with 3378 viewsGeoffSentence

Top flight, Ipswich born players who didn't play for Town on 09:26 - Mar 7 by ITFC_Forever

Richard Hall
Matt Upson (although he was born in Eye according to Wiki)
Louie Donowa
[Post edited 7 Mar 2017 9:30]

Louie Donowa did play for Town.

Top flight, Ipswich born players who didn't play for Town on 09:35 - Mar 7 with 3372 viewschevblue

Top flight, Ipswich born players who didn't play for Town on 09:29 - Mar 7 by PhilTWTD

Are we limiting this to Ipswich or Ipswich area? Jon Sammels played for Arsenal and Leicester and was from Grundisburgh, went to Farlingaye.

I was initially thinking Ipswich but let's expand it to the wider Ipswich area!.

Was also thinking of players that didn't come up through the academy/youth team ranks, which would discount Richard Hall (who was with the youth team in the late 80's I think).

Top flight, Ipswich born players who didn't play for Town on 09:37 - Mar 7 with 3350 viewschevblue

Top flight, Ipswich born players who didn't play for Town on 09:31 - Mar 7 by itfcjoe

Ian Storey-Moore

Jason Kearton - but wrong Ipswich

Few other local ones like Stuart O'Keefe and Ryan Bennett but not Ipswich

Ian Storey-Moore - was racking my brains trying remember his name. Played for Forest and Manchester United during my early Town supporting days (late 60's/early 70's).

Login to get fewer ads

Top flight, Ipswich born players who didn't play for Town on 09:41 - Mar 7 with 3337 viewschevblue

Top flight, Ipswich born players who didn't play for Town on 09:32 - Mar 7 by GeoffSentence

Indeed he did ..

Top flight, Ipswich born players who didn't play for Town on 09:43 - Mar 7 with 3323 viewsITFC_Forever

Top flight, Ipswich born players who didn't play for Town on 09:32 - Mar 7 by GeoffSentence

I remember him playing for us, but it wasn't in the top flight.

Top flight, Ipswich born players who didn't play for Town on 09:47 - Mar 7 with 3307 viewsPhilTWTD

Top flight, Ipswich born players who didn't play for Town on 09:35 - Mar 7 by chevblue

I was initially thinking Ipswich but let's expand it to the wider Ipswich area!.

Was also thinking of players that didn't come up through the academy/youth team ranks, which would discount Richard Hall (who was with the youth team in the late 80's I think).

He was, I was mates with him at school. Big Town fan growing up. Upson was with with the Centre of Excellence back in the day as well.

Ian Pearce, who was in Blackburn's title-winning squad, is from Bury St Edmunds.
Top flight, Ipswich born players who didn't play for Town on 10:05 - Mar 7 with 3226 viewshoppy

Yes, but apart from the approx 25 games, and scoring one goal, when did he ever play for us?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Top flight, Ipswich born players who didn't play for Town on 10:46 - Mar 7 with 3151 viewsGeoffSentence

Top flight, Ipswich born players who didn't play for Town on 09:43 - Mar 7 by ITFC_Forever

I remember him playing for us, but it wasn't in the top flight.

I think you have read it wrongly then. If it were players born in Ipswich who had not played for Town in the top flight there would be some obvious candidates from most of the last two decades, Luke Hyam for instance.

But no, as I think everyone else is reading it,the OP means players who have played in the top flight for someone, but never played for Town at all.

Top flight, Ipswich born players who didn't play for Town on 11:16 - Mar 7 with 3063 viewsRadlett_blue

Gary Stevens, although born in London, went to school in Suffolk & signed schoolboy forms with Town, but was released. He joined Brighton & oddly enough, he made his Brighton debut against Town in a surprise 2-0 defeat in 1979.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Top flight, Ipswich born players who didn't play for Town on 11:20 - Mar 7 with 3038 viewsFixed_It

Top flight, Ipswich born players who didn't play for Town on 09:47 - Mar 7 by PhilTWTD

He was, I was mates with him at school. Big Town fan growing up. Upson was with with the Centre of Excellence back in the day as well.

Ian Pearce, who was in Blackburn's title-winning squad, is from Bury St Edmunds.

I don't suppose you are still in contact with Richard Hall are you? I work with someone (in the Midlands) who was big mates with him in his younger days apparently but who has since lost contact with him and would really like to get in touch with him. I have tried a couple of contacts at the Club but no joy so far. Pm me if you want further info. Cheers.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Top flight, Ipswich born players who didn't play for Town on 11:21 - Mar 7 with 3022 viewsPhilTWTD

Top flight, Ipswich born players who didn't play for Town on 11:20 - Mar 7 by Fixed_It

I don't suppose you are still in contact with Richard Hall are you? I work with someone (in the Midlands) who was big mates with him in his younger days apparently but who has since lost contact with him and would really like to get in touch with him. I have tried a couple of contacts at the Club but no joy so far. Pm me if you want further info. Cheers.

I'll PM you.
Top flight, Ipswich born players who didn't play for Town on 11:37 - Mar 7 with 2978 viewshype313

Top flight, Ipswich born players who didn't play for Town on 11:20 - Mar 7 by Fixed_It

Think he's part of the coaching set up at Col U now.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Top flight, Ipswich born players who didn't play for Town on 12:11 - Mar 7 with 2886 viewschevblue

Top flight, Ipswich born players who didn't play for Town on 10:46 - Mar 7 by GeoffSentence

I think you have read it wrongly then. If it were players born in Ipswich who had not played for Town in the top flight there would be some obvious candidates from most of the last two decades, Luke Hyam for instance.

But no, as I think everyone else is reading it,the OP means players who have played in the top flight for someone, but never played for Town at all.

Yes, that's what I meant.

Top flight, Ipswich born players who didn't play for Town on 12:35 - Mar 7 with 2794 viewskeanesalltheway

Bristol City currently have a young lad born in Ipswich, never played for them. Joe Morrell.
Top flight, Ipswich born players who didn't play for Town on 12:47 - Mar 7 with 2741 viewsCaptainObvious

Shane Watson

i.p. verification result : "not blueas"
Poll: Garner or Pitman?

Top flight, Ipswich born players who didn't play for Town on 12:53 - Mar 7 with 2722 viewsSingBlue

Adrian Pennock (went to school with his brother, who was capable of getting an old 50p up one nostril....where was Britain's Got Talent when you needed it!)

Played once for Norwich in the top flight - so I suppose that doesn't really count!

Looking on Wiki he is now manager at Gillingham

So there's a new topic for you - Ipswich born managers.....
Top flight, Ipswich born players who didn't play for Town on 13:13 - Mar 7 with 2632 viewsGuru_of_Ipswich

Top flight, Ipswich born players who didn't play for Town on 12:53 - Mar 7 by SingBlue

Adrian Pennock (went to school with his brother, who was capable of getting an old 50p up one nostril....where was Britain's Got Talent when you needed it!)

Played once for Norwich in the top flight - so I suppose that doesn't really count!

Looking on Wiki he is now manager at Gillingham

So there's a new topic for you - Ipswich born managers.....

Participation is enough!
Top flight, Ipswich born players who didn't play for Town on 13:22 - Mar 7 with 2608 viewsFixed_It

Top flight, Ipswich born players who didn't play for Town on 11:21 - Mar 7 by PhilTWTD

I'll PM you.

Cheers

Ready! Steady! Cook!

Top flight, Ipswich born players who didn't play for Town on 13:23 - Mar 7 with 2603 viewsFixed_It

Top flight, Ipswich born players who didn't play for Town on 11:37 - Mar 7 by hype313

Think he's part of the coaching set up at Col U now.

Thanks. I think he'd just left when I last tried to find him for my mate - but had heard that he'd returned.

Ready! Steady! Cook!

Top flight, Ipswich born players who didn't play for Town on 19:06 - Mar 7 with 2305 viewsRIPbobby

Top flight, Ipswich born players who didn't play for Town on 09:31 - Mar 7 by GeoffSentence

Richard Hall was in Brannighans that night we beat Bolton in the playoffs semi. I still have the ticket signed by Hall and Magic saying "Up the saints". lol
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024