Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corbyn doing even worse than usual at PMQs today... 12:20 - Mar 15 with 6720 viewsSteve_M

FFS.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Corbyn doing even worse than usual at PMQs today... on 15:18 - Mar 15 with 1897 viewsBlueBadger

Corbyn doing even worse than usual at PMQs today... on 12:54 - Mar 15 by clive_baker

Given the state of British (and global) politics at the moment, the wide felt disillusionment and palpable desire for change, it's a shame Labour can't get their sh1t together and vote in a leader with more mass market appeal.

I would vote for someone like Andy Burnham.

Corbyn's a massive penis.

Burnham was as almost as disastrous a health secretary as Rhyming-Slang and Lansley and is a shamelessly obvious careerist that might make the likes of Boris and Blair go 'hang on, that's a bit cynical'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Corbyn doing even worse than usual at PMQs today... on 15:24 - Mar 15 with 1887 viewschicoazul

He is I am sure a lovely man with his heart in the right place but this is all becoming so painful to watch. We need adversarial exchanges and a proper opposition to hold the Government to account.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Corbyn doing even worse than usual at PMQs today... on 15:27 - Mar 15 with 1875 viewschicoazul

Corbyn doing even worse than usual at PMQs today... on 13:03 - Mar 15 by Dolly2.0

See my reply to Glassers.

Is that really the issue? That he hasn't phrased his points as questions?

Yeah, let's let that get in the way of the actual points raised. The points raised aren't important, it's the way he's phrased them!

I started caring about politics for a bit but I'm gradually drifting away from it due to nonsense like this.

Jerseys; its PM Questions. It's the chance for the official opposition to hold the Govts feet to the fire on the issues they care about. Always has been always will be. He has to ask *questions* not make stupid grandstanding statements in a meandering befuddled way that go nowehere.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Corbyn doing even worse than usual at PMQs today... on 15:28 - Mar 15 with 1864 viewsGlasgowBlue

Corbyn doing even worse than usual at PMQs today... on 15:24 - Mar 15 by chicoazul

He is I am sure a lovely man with his heart in the right place but this is all becoming so painful to watch. We need adversarial exchanges and a proper opposition to hold the Government to account.

A proper opposition holding the Government to account would turn Dolly off politics.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Corbyn doing even worse than usual at PMQs today... on 15:30 - Mar 15 with 1855 viewschicoazul

Corbyn doing even worse than usual at PMQs today... on 15:28 - Mar 15 by GlasgowBlue

A proper opposition holding the Government to account would turn Dolly off politics.

This is, I think, part of the problem. People who say they dont like politics because of the shouting and kerfuffle, people who say Why cant they all agree and do the right thing?, people who dont think being adversaries and having proper arguments is a good thing. I would say it's part of the problem with the Milennials but Jersey is the same ages as me.

I blame Buzzfeed Harry Potter and the lack of sports in schools.

Corbyn doing even worse than usual at PMQs today... on 15:31 - Mar 15 with 1847 viewsbluewein

Corbyn doing even worse than usual at PMQs today... on 15:27 - Mar 15 by chicoazul

Jerseys; its PM Questions. It's the chance for the official opposition to hold the Govts feet to the fire on the issues they care about. Always has been always will be. He has to ask *questions* not make stupid grandstanding statements in a meandering befuddled way that go nowehere.

http://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/401242/3552882/corbyn-doing-even-worse-than-usual-at

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Corbyn doing even worse than usual at PMQs today... on 16:26 - Mar 15 with 1804 viewsSteve_M

That perfidious media again, reporting Labour's ineptitude.

Corbyn doing even worse than usual at PMQs today... on 16:30 - Mar 15 with 1791 viewsGlasgowBlue

Corbyn doing even worse than usual at PMQs today... on 16:26 - Mar 15 by Steve_M

Question 3 is so obvious that even my ten year old daughter would have put May under pressure with that one.

Iron Lion Zion

Login to get fewer ads

Corbyn doing even worse than usual at PMQs today... on 16:32 - Mar 15 with 1775 viewsLankHenners

Corbyn doing even worse than usual at PMQs today... on 16:26 - Mar 15 by Steve_M

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Corbyn doing even worse than usual at PMQs today... on 16:34 - Mar 15 with 1758 viewsGlasgowBlue

Corbyn doing even worse than usual at PMQs today... on 16:32 - Mar 15 by LankHenners

Brilliant.

Iron Lion Zion

Corbyn doing even worse than usual at PMQs today... on 16:35 - Mar 15 with 1755 viewschicoazul

Corbyn doing even worse than usual at PMQs today... on 16:32 - Mar 15 by LankHenners

It's the way it falls forward not to the side or backwards that makes it so funny.

Corbyn doing even worse than usual at PMQs today... on 17:53 - Mar 15 with 1670 viewsBlueBadger

Corbyn doing even worse than usual at PMQs today... on 16:30 - Mar 15 by GlasgowBlue

Question 3 is so obvious that even my ten year old daughter would have put May under pressure with that one.

I'm fairly certain that my dog could have.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Corbyn doing even worse than usual at PMQs today... on 18:02 - Mar 15 with 1657 viewsSteve_M

Corbyn doing even worse than usual at PMQs today... on 17:53 - Mar 15 by BlueBadger

I'm fairly certain that my dog could have.

I reckon Brenner Wooley could have got that one in too.

Corbyn doing even worse than usual at PMQs today... on 18:23 - Mar 15 with 1626 viewsBlueBadger

Corbyn doing even worse than usual at PMQs today... on 18:02 - Mar 15 by Steve_M

I reckon Brenner Wooley could have got that one in too.

I'm reasonably certain that Crunchie and Taxers might have had a half-decent stab, had they had a few weeks to prepare.

Corbyn doing even worse than usual at PMQs today... on 07:58 - Mar 16 with 1491 viewsHerbivore

Corbyn doing even worse than usual at PMQs today... on 18:23 - Mar 15 by BlueBadger

I'm reasonably certain that Crunchie and Taxers might have had a half-decent stab, had they had a few weeks to prepare.

Steady on now, let's not overdo the hyperbole.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Corbyn doing even worse than usual at PMQs today... on 10:23 - Mar 16 with 1451 viewsSwansea_Blue

Corbyn doing even worse than usual at PMQs today... on 13:21 - Mar 15 by Dolly2.0

Do you not get my point though?

I do. It's pathetically pedantic, but also incredibly naive / stupid of Corbyn at the same time. Every issue he raised is perfectly valid and should be of interest to most voters. He just needed the common sense to ask the PM what she was intending to do about the points, as ultimately that's the game that's being played here.

People jumping up and down with glee saying 'he didn't ask a question, he didn't ask a question!' (including May) is just puerile and deflects from the issues. But then, that's what politics is like and why so many people can't be arsed with it.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Corbyn doing even worse than usual at PMQs today... on 10:31 - Mar 16 with 1441 viewsGlasgowBlue

Corbyn doing even worse than usual at PMQs today... on 10:23 - Mar 16 by Swansea_Blue

I do. It's pathetically pedantic, but also incredibly naive / stupid of Corbyn at the same time. Every issue he raised is perfectly valid and should be of interest to most voters. He just needed the common sense to ask the PM what she was intending to do about the points, as ultimately that's the game that's being played here.

People jumping up and down with glee saying 'he didn't ask a question, he didn't ask a question!' (including May) is just puerile and deflects from the issues. But then, that's what politics is like and why so many people can't be arsed with it.

You're wrong I'm afraid.

Two scenarios. One a statement and one a question:

Statement.
Corbyn- Prime Minister the country is in turmoil with tens of thousands of people having nowhere to sleep and are using food banks. You don't care.

May - of course we care, that's why we are doing x y and z. Whilst you talk about problems we go about fixing them.

Question.
Corbyn- Prime Minister the country is in turmoil with tens of thousands of people having nowhere to sleep and are using food banks. What is your government actually doing to help these people and what policies have you molimented to do so?

May - erm um uh well etc etc.

He can then come back with another question on the same issue, get the troops behind him making noises and putting May under pressure.

It's how you hold a government to account.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2017 10:32]

Iron Lion Zion

Corbyn doing even worse than usual at PMQs today... on 10:34 - Mar 16 with 1432 viewsSwansea_Blue

Corbyn doing even worse than usual at PMQs today... on 10:31 - Mar 16 by GlasgowBlue

You're wrong I'm afraid.

Statement.
Corbyn- Prime Minister the country is in turmoil with tens of thousands of people having nowhere to sleep and are using food banks. You don't care.

May - of course we care, that's why we are doing x y and z. Whilst you talk about problems we go about fixing them.

Question.
Corbyn- Prime Minister the country is in turmoil with tens of thousands of people having nowhere to sleep and are using food banks. What is your government actually doing to help these people and what policies have you molimented to do so?

He can then come back with another question on the same issue, get the troops behind him making noises and putting May under pressure.

Which is why it was "incredibly naive / stupid of Corbyn".

Corbyn doing even worse than usual at PMQs today... on 10:41 - Mar 16 with 1422 viewsGlasgowBlue

Corbyn doing even worse than usual at PMQs today... on 10:34 - Mar 16 by Swansea_Blue

Which is why it was "incredibly naive / stupid of Corbyn".

But it's not pedantic or purple. It's expecting an opposition leader to do his job by putting the PM under pressure.

She's getting an easy ride. And as I have said on numerous occasion. Bad oppositions lead to bad governments. The NI farce being a prime example.

It's as if the Tories aren't really thinking too hard .

Iron Lion Zion

Corbyn doing even worse than usual at PMQs today... on 10:58 - Mar 16 with 1396 viewsDolly2.0

Corbyn doing even worse than usual at PMQs today... on 15:27 - Mar 15 by chicoazul

I think you'll find most people in this country don't care about the childish pantomime that is PMQs. Stupid bickering, point-scoring and jokes like May's pathetic "you're supposed to ask me questions"? No thanks.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Corbyn doing even worse than usual at PMQs today... on 10:59 - Mar 16 with 1387 viewsDolly2.0

Corbyn doing even worse than usual at PMQs today... on 15:28 - Mar 15 by GlasgowBlue

What a stupid and patronising statement. Well done on being a cock again.

Corbyn doing even worse than usual at PMQs today... on 11:02 - Mar 16 with 1378 viewsDolly2.0

Corbyn doing even worse than usual at PMQs today... on 15:30 - Mar 15 by chicoazul

This is, I think, part of the problem. People who say they dont like politics because of the shouting and kerfuffle, people who say Why cant they all agree and do the right thing?, people who dont think being adversaries and having proper arguments is a good thing. I would say it's part of the problem with the Milennials but Jersey is the same ages as me.

I blame Buzzfeed Harry Potter and the lack of sports in schools.

Join Glassers in the patronising cocks corner.

Proper arguments?! Give me strength. They look like a bunch of animals half the time, shouting stuff out and trying to make pathetic jokes at each other's expense.

Corbyn doing even worse than usual at PMQs today... on 11:05 - Mar 16 with 1363 viewsDolly2.0

Corbyn doing even worse than usual at PMQs today... on 10:23 - Mar 16 by Swansea_Blue

My sentiments exactly.

Thing is, Glassers and others love all this nonsense.

Corbyn doing even worse than usual at PMQs today... on 11:07 - Mar 16 with 1348 viewsDolly2.0

Corbyn doing even worse than usual at PMQs today... on 10:31 - Mar 16 by GlasgowBlue

You're wrong I'm afraid.

Statement.

Question.

"get the troops behind him making noises"

As I said above, like fooking animals.

The whole system is rotten.

Corbyn doing even worse than usual at PMQs today... on 11:37 - Mar 16 with 1333 viewsSwansea_Blue

Corbyn doing even worse than usual at PMQs today... on 10:41 - Mar 16 by GlasgowBlue

But it's not pedantic or purple. It's expecting an opposition leader to do his job by putting the PM under pressure.

She's getting an easy ride. And as I have said on numerous occasion. Bad oppositions lead to bad governments. The NI farce being a prime example.

It's as if the Tories aren't really thinking too hard .

If the response to Corbyn was a measured one I'd agree with you. But it's not - in the true style of Westminster it's been cheap gags and guffaws at his expense as usual. Meanwhile the valid issues he raised (albeit in the wrong fashion) get ignored....

He is the least effective politician I can think of though - no argument there.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024