Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Could Evans pull the plug on all funding? 20:17 - Apr 1 with 2197 viewsJ2BLUE

Evans is taking a lot of stick for his lack of investment in the team and rightfully so as his 'investment plan' is a joke but he does put in a certain amount each year even if it has been offset by sales. Could he now cut his losses and make us stick to a break even budget? He could let contracts expire for high earners or sell them and pocket the profits, replace MM with a low earner and replace players with far cheaper alternatives. We would eventually stabilise in league 1 or probably lower.

Could he think 'feck the ungrateful tw@ts'? As much as he is reponsible for us not being competitive at the right end of the table he is at least keeping us in this league.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Could Evans pull the plug on all funding? on 20:19 - Apr 1 with 2160 viewsReuser_is_God

Yes, he could.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Could Evans pull the plug on all funding? on 20:20 - Apr 1 with 2148 viewsgtsb1966

Why would anyone be grateful for being in this league if it meant watching that every week. At the end of the day there wouldn't be anyone there to watch it. I see your point though.
Could Evans pull the plug on all funding? on 20:22 - Apr 1 with 2123 viewsDennyx4

Think he pretty much has been doing that for the last 2 to 3 years anyway.
Could Evans pull the plug on all funding? on 20:25 - Apr 1 with 2087 viewsElderGrizzly

Could Evans pull the plug on all funding? on 20:19 - Apr 1 by Reuser_is_God

Yes, he could.

Indeed, but of course the budget would be even lower in L1 if we are talking break-even model as the new TV deal we have from this season is worth at least £4m a year. You get around 1/4 of that in L1

He simply can't afford a Top Championship club anymore. The trick is finding some fool willing to lose £20m a season to make us one.

I think Evans should and will sell up at the right offer
Could Evans pull the plug on all funding? on 20:58 - Apr 1 with 1954 viewsScuzzer

The upshot is, the windfall that promotion would deliver never came as quick as he expected. In the time that has past Evans has been overtaken by the costs involved in running a football club. I just feel that he is just not rich enough now to develop the club....so yes he has gone into maintenance mode. There is very little room for ambition sadly. We do need to have a mega rich owner now....and Evans has a paltry £750m fortune.

Established 1968

Could Evans pull the plug on all funding? on 21:41 - Apr 1 with 1807 viewspointofblue

He could. Goodness knows how he could his money back that way but he could.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Could Evans pull the plug on all funding? on 21:43 - Apr 1 with 1794 viewstextbackup

Could Evans pull the plug on all funding? on 20:25 - Apr 1 by ElderGrizzly

Indeed, but of course the budget would be even lower in L1 if we are talking break-even model as the new TV deal we have from this season is worth at least £4m a year. You get around 1/4 of that in L1

He simply can't afford a Top Championship club anymore. The trick is finding some fool willing to lose £20m a season to make us one.

have the dutch been in contact with him? thats what ive heard anyway

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Could Evans pull the plug on all funding? on 22:16 - Apr 1 with 1664 viewsrosseden

Very easily. He could get rid of mick and gang. That's save 1m a year. No loans. Offload all the big wage earners and cut wages bill by 4 or 5m. And leave it to wash its own face. we'd be at best in league one. Likely league two before long and probably end up in administration. Which might actually be financially better for him that trying to sell toxic debt to a new owner

Poll: can the majority of twtd users count?
Blog: [Blog] To Deal or Not to Deal, That is the Question?

Login to get fewer ads

Could Evans pull the plug on all funding? on 22:20 - Apr 1 with 1631 viewsrosseden

Could Evans pull the plug on all funding? on 20:25 - Apr 1 by ElderGrizzly

He can afford it. That's not the issue. He is a Euro billionaire for all intents and purposes.

Most successful people know when to cut their losses and write off the money. That can often be why they're successful over the long haul. He has the money. But just thinks it's a waste to spend it on itfc. Which is probably right.

Could Evans pull the plug on all funding? on 22:21 - Apr 1 with 1626 viewsGogs

Could Evans pull the plug on all funding? on 21:43 - Apr 1 by textbackup

Someone i know (regular on Naked Footy show) mentioned to me about Dutch interest in ITFC the other day. Hope it's true, no idea whether there's anything in it though
Could Evans pull the plug on all funding? on 22:31 - Apr 1 with 1582 viewsPlums

Could Evans pull the plug on all funding? on 22:20 - Apr 1 by rosseden

He can afford it. That's not the issue. He is a Euro billionaire for all intents and purposes.

Most successful people know when to cut their losses and write off the money. That can often be why they're successful over the long haul. He has the money. But just thinks it's a waste to spend it on itfc. Which is probably right.

He probably has no chance of getting PL ticketing business after the Rio debacle so there is no long term commercial benefit in ploughing more cash in from the wider group.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Could Evans pull the plug on all funding? on 22:37 - Apr 1 with 1547 viewsrosseden

Could Evans pull the plug on all funding? on 22:31 - Apr 1 by Plums

He probably has no chance of getting PL ticketing business after the Rio debacle so there is no long term commercial benefit in ploughing more cash in from the wider group.

Clearly has always had one eye on the other benefits but he's known for a long time he won't get anything tertiary to just the club and the fun of playing at real life champ manager.

Wouldn't be surprised at all if he can't find a buyer if he just sacks it off and whacks the club into admin. The structure protects the assets he personally owns and he's likely get more relief on the losses from IE than he'd get for the club. I guess it's whether he thinks he might get something long term that may change that. But he doesn't need the money. So why bother. Cut losses and run. I would. If I couldn't sell and couldn't be arsed with the grief I'd just whack it into administration and go do something more interesting with my 1b euro fortune. It's a shame as many people are actively pushing him that way. But clearly don't realise the consequences

Could Evans pull the plug on all funding? on 22:45 - Apr 1 with 1520 viewsArnieM

thought he'd already pulled the plug on funding....

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Could Evans pull the plug on all funding? on 22:49 - Apr 1 with 1497 viewsrosseden

Could Evans pull the plug on all funding? on 22:45 - Apr 1 by ArnieM

thought he'd already pulled the plug on funding....

If you call putting 5m or more a year of your own money in, pulling the plug. I guess he has. I'd quite like someone to pull the plug on my funding on that basis too though. That'd do me

Could Evans pull the plug on all funding? on 22:52 - Apr 1 with 1484 viewstextbackup

Could Evans pull the plug on all funding? on 22:49 - Apr 1 by rosseden

If you call putting 5m or more a year of your own money in, pulling the plug. I guess he has. I'd quite like someone to pull the plug on my funding on that basis too though. That'd do me

i wish people would stop going on about this 5 mill like he's doing us a favour, he's our owner, its what he should be doing no questions asked, as our owner

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Could Evans pull the plug on all funding? on 22:52 - Apr 1 with 1483 viewsPlums

Could Evans pull the plug on all funding? on 22:37 - Apr 1 by rosseden

Clearly has always had one eye on the other benefits but he's known for a long time he won't get anything tertiary to just the club and the fun of playing at real life champ manager.

Wouldn't be surprised at all if he can't find a buyer if he just sacks it off and whacks the club into admin. The structure protects the assets he personally owns and he's likely get more relief on the losses from IE than he'd get for the club. I guess it's whether he thinks he might get something long term that may change that. But he doesn't need the money. So why bother. Cut losses and run. I would. If I couldn't sell and couldn't be arsed with the grief I'd just whack it into administration and go do something more interesting with my 1b euro fortune. It's a shame as many people are actively pushing him that way. But clearly don't realise the consequences

I think there's more to it than that. I reckon he bought us to get MEG into the PL ticketing and hospitality trough. It's failed so we're no longer of use. Mick was the last roll of the dice but it didn't pay off and during his four years, the strategy's gone south. He can do whatever he likes but he's not going to want our admin on his resume.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Could Evans pull the plug on all funding? on 22:55 - Apr 1 with 1459 viewsKeaneish

Why would he though? After all, thus us an 80 million investment for him. Devaluing the club will never see him get anywhere near a good enough return.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Could Evans pull the plug on all funding? on 23:04 - Apr 1 with 1412 viewsrosseden

Could Evans pull the plug on all funding? on 22:52 - Apr 1 by Plums

I think there's more to it than that. I reckon he bought us to get MEG into the PL ticketing and hospitality trough. It's failed so we're no longer of use. Mick was the last roll of the dice but it didn't pay off and during his four years, the strategy's gone south. He can do whatever he likes but he's not going to want our admin on his resume.

The guy is one of the worlds largest war mongers. He is into all sorts of really unpleasant businesses. He won't give a monkeys what's on his resume I don't think..... he's too addicted to cash to give a monkeys I reckon

Could Evans pull the plug on all funding? on 00:18 - Apr 2 with 1321 viewsjas0999

The man has been making money for years. He bought the so called debt for a fraction, but has charged large interest payments on the full amount - albeit nor recently. Then he offsets debt against his other companies. In recent years he has of course cashed in on assets, which has meant he has in real terms put little into the club. He's doing nicely.
Could Evans pull the plug on all funding? on 00:24 - Apr 2 with 1304 viewsrosseden

Could Evans pull the plug on all funding? on 00:18 - Apr 2 by jas0999

The man has been making money for years. He bought the so called debt for a fraction, but has charged large interest payments on the full amount - albeit nor recently. Then he offsets debt against his other companies. In recent years he has of course cashed in on assets, which has meant he has in real terms put little into the club. He's doing nicely.

You need to spend more time studying the company accounts. That isn't what he does. He's a tax exile. Tax exiles don't pay tax so offsetting can't happen. Intercompany loans and capital gains is more likely but he's not doing that currently either. He has shifted assets but not sold them. People really need to start to understand how this all works. Yes he is doing nicely. And. Not because of itfc which actually costs him money

Could Evans pull the plug on all funding? on 00:30 - Apr 2 with 1290 viewsrosseden

Could Evans pull the plug on all funding? on 22:52 - Apr 1 by textbackup

i wish people would stop going on about this 5 mill like he's doing us a favour, he's our owner, its what he should be doing no questions asked, as our owner

So you think it makes commercial sense to keep pumping money into a business which is essentially just a pile of toxic debt? I'm guessing you don't have a Particularly high value investment portfolio or any substantial business interests?

Could Evans pull the plug on all funding? on 03:04 - Apr 2 with 1199 viewsharlingblue

Could Evans pull the plug on all funding? on 22:49 - Apr 1 by rosseden

Putting £5 million into our club a year? that wouldn't be enough to buy a Norwich City sub, now that really hurts.
If he pulled the plug, we could go into administration, points deduction, relegation.
Happy days are not here, our football is woeful, BUT there could be better days ahead, our Academy is at last becoming fruitful with several quality youngsters coming to the fore, Emmanuel, Kenlock, Dozzell, Benyu, Nydam, Patterson, Morris.
That was the type of team that Bobby Robson had under his belt, after he had saved his Ipswich Town team from relegation by buying two older players Frank Clarke and Jimmy Robertson.
I'm not sure that Mick is the man to mastermind such a change of style of play to integrate these youngsters, The Cowley Brothers at Lincoln probably could?
I can also see that Chambers and Skuse could make a good management team in the future.
Could Evans pull the plug on all funding? on 09:06 - Apr 2 with 1062 viewsrosseden

Could Evans pull the plug on all funding? on 03:04 - Apr 2 by harlingblue

Putting £5 million into our club a year? that wouldn't be enough to buy a Norwich City sub, now that really hurts.
If he pulled the plug, we could go into administration, points deduction, relegation.
Happy days are not here, our football is woeful, BUT there could be better days ahead, our Academy is at last becoming fruitful with several quality youngsters coming to the fore, Emmanuel, Kenlock, Dozzell, Benyu, Nydam, Patterson, Morris.
That was the type of team that Bobby Robson had under his belt, after he had saved his Ipswich Town team from relegation by buying two older players Frank Clarke and Jimmy Robertson.
I'm not sure that Mick is the man to mastermind such a change of style of play to integrate these youngsters, The Cowley Brothers at Lincoln probably could?
I can also see that Chambers and Skuse could make a good management team in the future.

The phrase don't blame the player blame the game springs to mind. The fact football has huge financial disparity and it's getting worse is down to mssrs scudamore and murdoch who have both done very well out of it. I actually don't disagree with you. I find it surprising how many people don't seem to understand the whole situation though. There are just a lot of variables which could go either way if that did happen. We could do a Southampton. But we could also do a Portsmouth.

Could Evans pull the plug on all funding? on 09:12 - Apr 2 with 1051 viewsyesjohn99

Could Evans pull the plug on all funding? on 21:43 - Apr 1 by textbackup

Shut ya mouth about the Dutch.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024