Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The problem is nobody knows who to blame most 12:54 - Apr 10 with 5115 viewsmaccyd9

Evans has given up from a financial perspective and his lack of any desire to engage with the very people he so desperately needs to get on side smacks of arrogance.

Milne has no idea whats happening at all. He has always said we are apparently high payers yet recently admitted that we wouldn't be able to compete with the top 6 in League one. 17th in the wage table as confirmed by The Swiss Ramble confirms we are not competitive but he also said we have a top 6 squad.

If that is true, then Mick despite appearing to be totally in control of his own destiny should be viewed as underperforming.

Yet he tells us he isn't.

So our owner has given up, Milne has no clue whats happening and McCarthy thinks he doing a great job.

I blame Bluey.
The problem is nobody knows who to blame most on 15:05 - Apr 10 with 1333 viewsPJH

The problem is nobody knows who to blame most on 15:00 - Apr 10 by Illinoisblue

or, alternatively, Southampton's and Norwich's brief stay there on the road to successive promotions into the premiership shows it doesn't have to be a horrible scary thing.

Although dangerous to dip your toe into to try to find out.
Although relegation has on occasions proved to be a catalyst for better things it still seems a good idea to avoid it if you can.
The problem is nobody knows who to blame most on 15:09 - Apr 10 with 1324 viewsBlueBadger

The problem is nobody knows who to blame most on 15:05 - Apr 10 by PJH

Although dangerous to dip your toe into to try to find out.
Although relegation has on occasions proved to be a catalyst for better things it still seems a good idea to avoid it if you can.

And, there's a lot more examples of those who went down and have never recovered than there is those for whom it was a blessing in disguise.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The problem is nobody knows who to blame most on 15:09 - Apr 10 with 1328 viewsGuthrum

The problem is nobody knows who to blame most on 15:00 - Apr 10 by Illinoisblue

or, alternatively, Southampton's and Norwich's brief stay there on the road to successive promotions into the premiership shows it doesn't have to be a horrible scary thing.

You just have to look at the ratio. Two teams used it as a springboard for double promotion to the Prem (and even then Southampton took two attempts to escape from League 1). Over that same time period, twenty-two other teams haven't.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

The problem is nobody knows who to blame most on 15:17 - Apr 10 with 1306 viewsPhilTWTD

The problem is nobody knows who to blame most on 15:09 - Apr 10 by Guthrum

You just have to look at the ratio. Two teams used it as a springboard for double promotion to the Prem (and even then Southampton took two attempts to escape from League 1). Over that same time period, twenty-two other teams haven't.

And the gulf between the top of the Championship and League One has grown somewhat significantly in the last couple of years.
The problem is nobody knows who to blame most on 15:24 - Apr 10 with 1291 viewsmaccyd9

The problem is nobody knows who to blame most on 14:51 - Apr 10 by Radlett_blue

Yes, Sheffield United's 6 years in the 3rd tier is a stark message to those who think relegation for Town could be a blessing in disguise.

The club is stale and we have almost zero chance of promotion while Evans is in charge.

Therefore for many, including myself, a spell in another division would be no bad thing and actually a nice break from Championship monotony, regardless of how long.
The problem is nobody knows who to blame most on 15:24 - Apr 10 with 1288 viewsSteve_M

The problem is nobody knows who to blame most on 15:09 - Apr 10 by Guthrum

And how many year's it's taken Sheffield United, a club of broadly similar size to us, to get promoted. Wednesday and Forest, even Leeds, took a few seasons to come back.

Of the two mentioned, Southampton had a well thought out structure in place before they got relegated and Norwich, as is increasingly clear got lucky with the perfect combination of Lambert and Holt.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

The problem is nobody knows who to blame most on 15:30 - Apr 10 with 1268 viewshype313

The problem is nobody knows who to blame most on 15:09 - Apr 10 by BlueBadger

And, there's a lot more examples of those who went down and have never recovered than there is those for whom it was a blessing in disguise.

I don't get this "lets get relegated to go back up" argument, who in their right mind thinks that relegation would actually benefit us?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

The problem is nobody knows who to blame most on 15:35 - Apr 10 with 1250 viewsBlueBadger

The problem is nobody knows who to blame most on 15:24 - Apr 10 by maccyd9

The club is stale and we have almost zero chance of promotion while Evans is in charge.

Therefore for many, including myself, a spell in another division would be no bad thing and actually a nice break from Championship monotony, regardless of how long.

'Actually I'm a bit bored' is possibly the weakest reason yet in the 'why going down would be great' stakes.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Login to get fewer ads

The problem is nobody knows who to blame most on 15:39 - Apr 10 with 1251 viewsBlueBadger

The problem is nobody knows who to blame most on 15:30 - Apr 10 by hype313

I don't get this "lets get relegated to go back up" argument, who in their right mind thinks that relegation would actually benefit us?

Mostly, people who haven't thought about what going down would entail for us in practical terms. We'd be in a new division with even lower revenues(and, by extension, less money for players), a new manager(and let's face it, Evans' track record in picking those is pretty poor), lower crowds and a demoralised squad comprised of those who couldn't engineer moves away from ITFC.

[Post edited 10 Apr 2017 15:42]

The problem is nobody knows who to blame most on 15:51 - Apr 10 with 1232 viewsmaccyd9

The problem is nobody knows who to blame most on 15:35 - Apr 10 by BlueBadger

'Actually I'm a bit bored' is possibly the weakest reason yet in the 'why going down would be great' stakes.

Is it?

I disagree.

....and I never said it would be great. I just genuinely couldn't care less. The club is stale and it feels rotten to the core, relegation might just stop that.
The problem is nobody knows who to blame most on 15:53 - Apr 10 with 1220 viewsBlueBadger

The problem is nobody knows who to blame most on 15:51 - Apr 10 by maccyd9

Is it?

I disagree.

....and I never said it would be great. I just genuinely couldn't care less. The club is stale and it feels rotten to the core, relegation might just stop that.

http://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/403321/3580326/the-problem-is-nobody-knows-who-to-bl

The problem is nobody knows who to blame most on 15:55 - Apr 10 with 1211 viewsmaccyd9

The problem is nobody knows who to blame most on 15:39 - Apr 10 by BlueBadger

Mostly, people who haven't thought about what going down would entail for us in practical terms. We'd be in a new division with even lower revenues(and, by extension, less money for players), a new manager(and let's face it, Evans' track record in picking those is pretty poor), lower crowds and a demoralised squad comprised of those who couldn't engineer moves away from ITFC.

[Post edited 10 Apr 2017 15:42]

How many Town fans have said they are going to Burton because it's a new ground? Fans like to see things different once in a while.

Lower crowds? If we were competing at the top end of league, I suspect our crowds would be higher than if we were bumbling around the lower reaches of the Championship again.

I don't see that it falls apart. I see a team that could have Emmanuel, Kenlock, Bishop, Dozzell, Benyu, Morris etc in it. A far more intriguing prospect if you ask me.
The problem is nobody knows who to blame most on 15:59 - Apr 10 with 1203 viewshype313

The problem is nobody knows who to blame most on 15:55 - Apr 10 by maccyd9

How many Town fans have said they are going to Burton because it's a new ground? Fans like to see things different once in a while.

Lower crowds? If we were competing at the top end of league, I suspect our crowds would be higher than if we were bumbling around the lower reaches of the Championship again.

I don't see that it falls apart. I see a team that could have Emmanuel, Kenlock, Bishop, Dozzell, Benyu, Morris etc in it. A far more intriguing prospect if you ask me.

What if we weren't competing at the top end of the table? What if we found ourselves circulating the bottom, we would then face crowds of 6-7k and pure existence would be under threat.

I just don't buy this lets go down as things might be better, as much as our current predicament is atrocious.

The problem is nobody knows who to blame most on 16:00 - Apr 10 with 1194 viewsKieran_Knows

The problem is nobody knows who to blame most on 15:59 - Apr 10 by hype313

What if we weren't competing at the top end of the table? What if we found ourselves circulating the bottom, we would then face crowds of 6-7k and pure existence would be under threat.

I just don't buy this lets go down as things might be better, as much as our current predicament is atrocious.

Couldn't agree more.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

The problem is nobody knows who to blame most on 16:02 - Apr 10 with 1188 viewsBlueBadger

I rather suspect that the prospect of Peterborough, Oldham or Shrewbury at home however, may not be the mouthwatering ties you appear to think they are.

The problem is nobody knows who to blame most on 16:03 - Apr 10 with 1186 viewsRadlett_blue

Well, yes - scenario "A" - a young Town side, playing attractive football streaking to promotion back to the Championship - is very appealing & yes, that would attract decent crowds. But you don't know that you won't get scenario "B" - a Town side stuffed full of ageing journeymen & cheap signings flounders around in mid table of League 2, managed by someone like Kenny Jackett.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

The problem is nobody knows who to blame most on 16:05 - Apr 10 with 1177 viewsnoggin

The problem is nobody knows who to blame most on 16:03 - Apr 10 by Radlett_blue

Well, yes - scenario "A" - a young Town side, playing attractive football streaking to promotion back to the Championship - is very appealing & yes, that would attract decent crowds. But you don't know that you won't get scenario "B" - a Town side stuffed full of ageing journeymen & cheap signings flounders around in mid table of League 2, managed by someone like Kenny Jackett.

I fear we will find out in 2018/19.

Poll: If KM goes now, will you applaud him when he returns with his new club?

The problem is nobody knows who to blame most on 16:06 - Apr 10 with 1176 viewsLankHenners

It's naive to assume we'd suddenly be able to build a team around youths in League 1, and we'd have to be competing for promotion straight away, otherwise we risk getting them picked off by Championship clubs. And if the youths are only good enough for League 1 level, then we're kinda stuck.

Seeing new grounds is all well and good but I'd much rather we see them through cup competitions and other teams getting promoted to our level, rather than us falling to theirs.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

The problem is nobody knows who to blame most on 16:58 - Apr 10 with 1121 viewsmaccyd9

The problem is nobody knows who to blame most on 15:59 - Apr 10 by hype313

I personally don't see that happening but of course that' a possibility.

But I'd take the chance because staying in this division like we are is killing the support.
The problem is nobody knows who to blame most on 17:01 - Apr 10 with 1114 viewsmaccyd9

The problem is nobody knows who to blame most on 16:02 - Apr 10 by BlueBadger

I rather suspect that the prospect of Peterborough, Oldham or Shrewbury at home however, may not be the mouthwatering ties you appear to think they are.

I don't look at a single Championship fixture bar Norwich at home with any excitement at all.

Those games you mention would excite me no more or no less than what we've endured for the best part of 15 years.
The problem is nobody knows who to blame most on 17:02 - Apr 10 with 1099 viewsmaccyd9

The problem is nobody knows who to blame most on 16:03 - Apr 10 by Radlett_blue

We already have scenario B. It is full of aged journeymen and cheap signings who are taking us nowhere.

I'd risk scenario B for a shot at scenario A.
The problem is nobody knows who to blame most on 17:02 - Apr 10 with 1096 viewsitfcjoe

The problem is nobody knows who to blame most on 17:01 - Apr 10 by maccyd9

I don't look at a single Championship fixture bar Norwich at home with any excitement at all.

Those games you mention would excite me no more or no less than what we've endured for the best part of 15 years.

If we stayed down more than a year or two we'd be buggared, and I'd worry we'd lose likes of Dozzell rather than play them more - we'd sell him for £1m and have him back on loan.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The problem is nobody knows who to blame most on 17:06 - Apr 10 with 1075 viewshype313

The problem is nobody knows who to blame most on 17:02 - Apr 10 by itfcjoe

If we stayed down more than a year or two we'd be buggared, and I'd worry we'd lose likes of Dozzell rather than play them more - we'd sell him for £1m and have him back on loan.

Probably wouldn't be able to even get him back on loan as we wouldn't be able to afford his wages, even if it was 50% split.

The problem is nobody knows who to blame most on 17:13 - Apr 10 with 1064 viewsKitman

The problem is nobody knows who to blame most on 15:53 - Apr 10 by BlueBadger

http://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/403321/3580326/the-problem-is-nobody-knows-who-to-bl

spot on... and, if you think you've been dished up some cr@p this season..
Watching L1 or in old money Division 3 will not be pretty no matter how pretty some of the extracts on 'Goal Rush' might look.

Blog: [Blog] Interesting Start to the New Season

The problem is nobody knows who to blame most on 17:17 - Apr 10 with 1054 viewsstrikalite

The problem is nobody knows who to blame most on 16:06 - Apr 10 by LankHenners

It's naive to assume we'd suddenly be able to build a team around youths in League 1, and we'd have to be competing for promotion straight away, otherwise we risk getting them picked off by Championship clubs. And if the youths are only good enough for League 1 level, then we're kinda stuck.

Seeing new grounds is all well and good but I'd much rather we see them through cup competitions and other teams getting promoted to our level, rather than us falling to theirs.

Agree, who is to say our youths could do a better job than the youths at say Charlton for example? You still need a blend of youth and experience, it really wouldn't be that easy at all, we'd be so downbeat having been relegated too......dread to think, thankfully it probably now won't happen, until next season..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024