Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
May says: "Enough is enough" !!?? 10:59 - Jun 4 with 17073 viewsDarth_Koont

From the BBC: "The prime minister says the UK cannot continue as before and "it is time to say enough is enough", after seven people were killed and 48 others injured in a terror attack in London."

Ummm, you've been Home Secretary and then Prime Minister for the past 7 years ...

Also this is meaningless sloganeering at a time when we rightfully take a break from the campaigns. So express your condemnation for the terrorists and pay your respects to the victims and families. Then get on with actually doing your job.

Pronouns: He/Him

May says: "Enough is enough" !!?? on 11:03 - Jun 4 with 5381 viewsDolly2.0

Indeed, I thought that. It appears she's trying to show she's "strong and stable" which is pretty sick if that's the case. What does "enough is enough" mean anyway? What are they planning to do that they weren't already?

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

May says: "Enough is enough" !!?? on 11:04 - Jun 4 with 5364 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

As I have stated in my thread, she was campaigning during a supposed suspension !

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

May says: "Enough is enough" !!?? on 11:05 - Jun 4 with 5358 viewschristiand

It's what they are going to do which is going to be very interesting? I believe people have had enough of this approach: 'It's ok just keep going' - yes until more innocent people get killed for enjoying themselves the next time. How long has it been since the Westminster incident?

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

May says: "Enough is enough" !!?? on 11:06 - Jun 4 with 5357 viewsJimmyJazz

There will be floating voters who will possibly make their decision based on a leader's reaction to events such as last night. It does your party no favours if you stay silent and provide no reaction

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

May says: "Enough is enough" !!?? on 11:07 - Jun 4 with 5345 viewswkj

May says: "Enough is enough" !!?? on 11:06 - Jun 4 by JimmyJazz

There will be floating voters who will possibly make their decision based on a leader's reaction to events such as last night. It does your party no favours if you stay silent and provide no reaction

Damned if you

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

May says: "Enough is enough" !!?? on 11:07 - Jun 4 with 5342 viewswkj

May says: "Enough is enough" !!?? on 11:07 - Jun 4 by wkj

Damned if you

do, damned if you dont

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

May says: "Enough is enough" !!?? on 11:08 - Jun 4 with 5278 viewsGlasgowBlue

May says: "Enough is enough" !!?? on 11:03 - Jun 4 by Dolly2.0

Indeed, I thought that. It appears she's trying to show she's "strong and stable" which is pretty sick if that's the case. What does "enough is enough" mean anyway? What are they planning to do that they weren't already?

Yes let's have our countries leader showing she's weak and vulnerable after a major terror attack.

What I find "sick" is that you are trying to score a political point from these attacks.

Forget about playing party politics Dolly. She is the PRime aminister in this instance. Not the leader of the Conservative party.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

May says: "Enough is enough" !!?? on 11:10 - Jun 4 with 5323 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

In other words.....making political hay from a tragedy....She is a disgrace !

Login to get fewer ads

May says: "Enough is enough" !!?? on 11:14 - Jun 4 with 5293 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

May says: "Enough is enough" !!?? on 11:08 - Jun 4 by GlasgowBlue

Yes let's have our countries leader showing she's weak and vulnerable after a major terror attack.

What I find "sick" is that you are trying to score a political point from these attacks.

Forget about playing party politics Dolly. She is the PRime aminister in this instance. Not the leader of the Conservative party.

Get your blinkers off Glassers. She said what needed saying but then laid out a 4 point strategy of response based on re-electing her. Points that Emily Thornberry rightly refused to respond to during the suspension in campaigning.

May says: "Enough is enough" !!?? on 11:14 - Jun 4 with 5292 viewschristiand

May says: "Enough is enough" !!?? on 11:10 - Jun 4 by BanksterDebtSlave

I've just listened to the shadow Home Secretary, nothing with substance to say just avoided the issue - a complete melt! Is that what your looking for from a leader?

May says: "Enough is enough" !!?? on 11:15 - Jun 4 with 5280 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

May says: "Enough is enough" !!?? on 11:10 - Jun 4 by BanksterDebtSlave

Down votes from the 'gang of 3' assure me that I am correct !

May says: "Enough is enough" !!?? on 11:16 - Jun 4 with 5274 viewsPendejo

May says: "Enough is enough" !!?? on 11:05 - Jun 4 by christiand

It's what they are going to do which is going to be very interesting? I believe people have had enough of this approach: 'It's ok just keep going' - yes until more innocent people get killed for enjoying themselves the next time. How long has it been since the Westminster incident?

There are no guaranteed instant cures.
Police state? Nope. Witness the secret armies of the second world war.

More people in the UK will die thru alcohol related incidents this year than thru terrorism.

To combat a problem you have to understand what that problem is... personally I think it a type of mental illness, individuals being manipulated by others for vicarious "enjoyment" of the carnage caused.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

May says: "Enough is enough" !!?? on 11:17 - Jun 4 with 5262 viewsDarth_Koont

You can have other reactions that aren't hypocritical posturing - she's been responsible for this exact issue for the past 7 years.

Never mind the timing, she can't just tap into the frustration of the people on the street to grab votes. It at least made sense when Farage did it because he was on the outside, looking in.

Pronouns: He/Him

May says: on 11:18 - Jun 4 with 5257 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

May says: "Enough is enough" !!?? on 11:14 - Jun 4 by christiand

I've just listened to the shadow Home Secretary, nothing with substance to say just avoided the issue - a complete melt! Is that what your looking for from a leader?

She was doing what had supposedly been agreed ie not campaigning (I appreciate from your other thread that these subtle things may pass you by !)
Edit....what she obviously needs is a gun heh ?
[Post edited 4 Jun 2017 11:19]

May says: "Enough is enough" !!?? on 11:22 - Jun 4 with 5212 viewsWD19

May says: "Enough is enough" !!?? on 11:15 - Jun 4 by BanksterDebtSlave

Don't worry, Gromeort Bot will be along shortly to upvote you.
May says: "Enough is enough" !!?? on 11:23 - Jun 4 with 5209 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

For clarity then Glassers, lowhouseblue, WD40......was she effectively campaigning by laying out a 4 point strategy of response ?

May says: on 11:25 - Jun 4 with 5170 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

May says: "Enough is enough" !!?? on 11:22 - Jun 4 by WD19

Don't worry, Gromeort Bot will be along shortly to upvote you.

Worried ? about down votes....you clearly don't know me ! Any thoughts on my substantive point regarding campaigning?

Edit.....let's see how free our media are going to be in challenging this.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2017 11:27]

May says: on 11:26 - Jun 4 with 5163 viewschristiand

May says: on 11:18 - Jun 4 by BanksterDebtSlave

She was doing what had supposedly been agreed ie not campaigning (I appreciate from your other thread that these subtle things may pass you by !)
Edit....what she obviously needs is a gun heh ?
[Post edited 4 Jun 2017 11:19]

I would argue she is campaigning by not saying anything to get voters. Works both ways!

May says: on 11:28 - Jun 4 with 5143 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

May says: on 11:26 - Jun 4 by christiand

I would argue she is campaigning by not saying anything to get voters. Works both ways!

Good luck with that argument.....but at least you accept May was campaigning!

May says: "Enough is enough" !!?? on 11:29 - Jun 4 with 5129 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Your silence is deafening Glassers !

May says: "Enough is enough" !!?? on 11:29 - Jun 4 with 5129 viewslowhouseblue

May says: "Enough is enough" !!?? on 11:23 - Jun 4 by BanksterDebtSlave

For clarity then Glassers, lowhouseblue, WD40......was she effectively campaigning by laying out a 4 point strategy of response ?

a prime minister simply can't win in this situation. in response to something as bad as this people rightly want to see decisive and confident leadership and to hear determination and forcefulness. if a prime minster displays that during an election campaign that is necessarily political - it portrays the prime minister as a leader. if a prime minister doesn't display it they appear weak. you can't just stop at platitudes.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

May says: "Enough is enough" !!?? on 11:31 - Jun 4 with 5107 viewsGromheort

May says: "Enough is enough" !!?? on 11:16 - Jun 4 by Pendejo

There are no guaranteed instant cures.
Police state? Nope. Witness the secret armies of the second world war.

More people in the UK will die thru alcohol related incidents this year than thru terrorism.

To combat a problem you have to understand what that problem is... personally I think it a type of mental illness, individuals being manipulated by others for vicarious "enjoyment" of the carnage caused.

I think we have to be careful with the mental illness line. We assumed that, in general, for suicide bombing (given the difficulties in explaining such horrific crimes). Analysis since has tried to understand the twisted rationality behind it as part of trying to improve counter-terrorism.

Given the power asymmetries, we can see why non-traditional forms of conflict have developed. This particular form of terrorism has clear motivation. Through horror, it wants to encourage extreme reaction and for us to forgo liberalism. That reaction will be counterproductive as it encourages more radicalism.
May says: "Enough is enough" !!?? on 11:32 - Jun 4 with 5102 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

May says: "Enough is enough" !!?? on 11:29 - Jun 4 by lowhouseblue

a prime minister simply can't win in this situation. in response to something as bad as this people rightly want to see decisive and confident leadership and to hear determination and forcefulness. if a prime minster displays that during an election campaign that is necessarily political - it portrays the prime minister as a leader. if a prime minister doesn't display it they appear weak. you can't just stop at platitudes.

Good you accept she was campaigning with her 4 point plan as well ! 2 down 2 to go !

May says: "Enough is enough" !!?? on 11:32 - Jun 4 with 5096 viewsfactual_blue

May says: "Enough is enough" !!?? on 11:15 - Jun 4 by BanksterDebtSlave

aka The Sweetcorn Brothers

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

May says: "Enough is enough" !!?? on 11:33 - Jun 4 with 5093 viewsGromheort

May says: "Enough is enough" !!?? on 11:29 - Jun 4 by lowhouseblue

She should have encouraged a sense of solidarity. We don't have that because of her comments. Instead we have the BBC talking about hypothetical Labour and Conservative differences. That's a shame.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024