Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Central Suffolk and North Ipswich 11:52 - Jun 4 with 2114 viewsSarge

I think the north Ipswich part should be dropped from this constituency. Because I live in one of 3 areas within IP1 I have to vote here instead of in Ipswich. So I have no say on what happens in Ipswich. It's a shambles and a vote for Labour in my constituency is like backing the Titanic to stay afloat whereas in Ipswich it's fairly tight.

This has at least convinced me it's not worth the 3 hour round trip to cast my ballot.
Central Suffolk and North Ipswich on 12:14 - Jun 4 with 2065 viewsmrshallisfit

Talk to the tory councillors who changed the boundaries about 20 years ago. It's called gerrymandering.
Central Suffolk and North Ipswich on 12:20 - Jun 4 with 2048 viewswitchdoctor

Central Suffolk and North Ipswich on 12:14 - Jun 4 by mrshallisfit

Talk to the tory councillors who changed the boundaries about 20 years ago. It's called gerrymandering.

indeed....how can Whitton....Whitehouse and Castle Hill, predominantly Labour voters I'd imagine , not be considered a part of Ipswich?
Central Suffolk and North Ipswich on 12:25 - Jun 4 with 2029 viewsGeoffSentence

3 hour round trip? how come? Is there anyone you could trust with your proxy vote?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Central Suffolk and North Ipswich on 12:36 - Jun 4 with 2007 viewsSarge

Central Suffolk and North Ipswich on 12:25 - Jun 4 by GeoffSentence

3 hour round trip? how come? Is there anyone you could trust with your proxy vote?

There is but by the time I found out I would be out of town on Thursday I'd missed the proxy vote application deadline.
Central Suffolk and North Ipswich on 12:55 - Jun 4 with 1982 viewsTrequartista

The boundaries will be changed for the next election after Thursday. Ipswich will be extended but in what seems like gerrymandering, the proposal is not to extend it to include North Ipswich (Labour territory) but to include Pinewood (Conservative territory)
[Post edited 4 Jun 2017 12:55]

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Central Suffolk and North Ipswich on 13:06 - Jun 4 with 1943 viewsPinewoodblue

Central Suffolk and North Ipswich on 12:55 - Jun 4 by Trequartista

The boundaries will be changed for the next election after Thursday. Ipswich will be extended but in what seems like gerrymandering, the proposal is not to extend it to include North Ipswich (Labour territory) but to include Pinewood (Conservative territory)
[Post edited 4 Jun 2017 12:55]

Until the last local election Pinewood was more Lib Dem than Tory.

Suspect if you added up the votes in the Ipswich wards that are within the Ipswich parliamentary constituency that more voted Labour than Conservative but not expecting them to gain the seat on Thursday.

If the conservatives didn't take most of east Anglia as a given suspect there would be a lot more investment in infrastructure in the region.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Central Suffolk and North Ipswich on 13:31 - Jun 4 with 1912 viewsbournemouthblue

Central Suffolk and North Ipswich on 13:06 - Jun 4 by Pinewoodblue

Suspect if you added up the votes in the Ipswich wards that are within the Ipswich parliamentary constituency that more voted Labour than Conservative but not expecting them to gain the seat on Thursday.

If the conservatives didn't take most of east Anglia as a given suspect there would be a lot more investment in infrastructure in the region.

Which is why we have a Labour run Council?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Central Suffolk and North Ipswich on 14:21 - Jun 4 with 1871 viewsstonojnr

Central Suffolk and North Ipswich on 12:20 - Jun 4 by witchdoctor

indeed....how can Whitton....Whitehouse and Castle Hill, predominantly Labour voters I'd imagine , not be considered a part of Ipswich?

because the boundaries commission say so, each constiuency in the UK has to be within 5% of roughly 75,000 voters so that each MP represents roughly the same number of people.

Ipswich has 75,000 voters
Central Suffolk North Ipswich has 76,000 voters.

so at the moment they meet the boundary commission rules.

Castle Hill,Whitton & Whitehouse provide around 15,000 voters to Central Suffolk North Ipswich. do the maths as they say if you moved them into Ipswich constiuency and away from Central suffolk.

90,000 is not remotely near to being 5% within 75,000.
Login to get fewer ads

Central Suffolk and North Ipswich on 14:24 - Jun 4 with 1866 viewsSarge

Central Suffolk and North Ipswich on 14:21 - Jun 4 by stonojnr

because the boundaries commission say so, each constiuency in the UK has to be within 5% of roughly 75,000 voters so that each MP represents roughly the same number of people.

Ipswich has 75,000 voters
Central Suffolk North Ipswich has 76,000 voters.

so at the moment they meet the boundary commission rules.

Castle Hill,Whitton & Whitehouse provide around 15,000 voters to Central Suffolk North Ipswich. do the maths as they say if you moved them into Ipswich constiuency and away from Central suffolk.

90,000 is not remotely near to being 5% within 75,000.

In terms of numbers it makes sense. But in this case we have an mp representing people from such a wide area and those of us in the 'wrong' part of Ipswich have no representation in the town we live in.
Central Suffolk and North Ipswich on 15:20 - Jun 4 with 1807 viewsGeoffSentence

Central Suffolk and North Ipswich on 13:06 - Jun 4 by Pinewoodblue

I agree fully with your last paragraph. Labour governments don't bother with this region because there are so few seats they can win, conservatives don't bother because there are so few they can lose.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024