Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I've just been playing hide and seek with a cockatoo 13:38 - Jun 4 with 2358 viewsMullet

Saw this little white thing peering at me through the French doors, then it's crest went up and a weird screech noise.

Went outside and it was a white bird parading around my patio. Turns out "chalky" likes men and this explains why he was happy to make swiss cheese of my hand and let me carry him back around the estate to his rightful owner.

All after several attempts to tease him out of my big bush as I attempted to improvise whatever the cockatoo noise is for "come here you daft sod".

Anyone else ever had an exotic escapee in their yard?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

I've just been playing hide and seek with a cockatoo on 13:39 - Jun 4 with 2344 viewsSteve_M

Euphemismtastic.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

I've just been playing hide and seek with a cockatoo on 13:59 - Jun 4 with 2305 viewsbrogansnose

I've just been playing hide and seek with a cockatoo on 13:39 - Jun 4 by Steve_M

Euphemismtastic.

Certainly came accross as an homage to Hoppy.
I've just been playing hide and seek with a cockatoo on 14:50 - Jun 4 with 2250 viewsfactual_blue

I've just been playing hide and seek with a cockatoo on 13:59 - Jun 4 by brogansnose

Certainly came accross as an homage to Hoppy.

You've spelt 'Keno' wrongly.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

I've just been playing hide and seek with a cockatoo on 14:51 - Jun 4 with 2246 viewsgiant_stow

you filthy dirty disgusting animal.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

I've just been playing hide and seek with a cockatoo on 15:06 - Jun 4 with 2223 viewsfactual_blue

I've just been playing hide and seek with a cockatoo on 14:51 - Jun 4 by giant_stow

you filthy dirty disgusting animal.

That may be how you norfukkers say 'Hello Mum, but the rest of us tend to say 'Hello Mum'.

I've just been playing hide and seek with a cockatoo on 15:52 - Jun 4 with 2202 viewsGeoffSentence

No, but I do know someone who lost her Norwegian Blue Parrot. After an appeal on local radio she got it back.

To her bewilderment, the parrot had forgotten all the phrases that she had taught it, but picked up some new ones.

It turned out that some bloke on the other side of Ippy has also lost a norwegian blue at the same time, and they had each recovered the other's parrot.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

I've just been playing hide and seek with a cockatoo on 16:08 - Jun 4 with 2182 viewsfactual_blue

I've just been playing hide and seek with a cockatoo on 15:52 - Jun 4 by GeoffSentence

No, but I do know someone who lost her Norwegian Blue Parrot. After an appeal on local radio she got it back.

To her bewilderment, the parrot had forgotten all the phrases that she had taught it, but picked up some new ones.

It turned out that some bloke on the other side of Ippy has also lost a norwegian blue at the same time, and they had each recovered the other's parrot.

I've just been playing hide and seek with a cockatoo on 16:24 - Jun 4 with 2163 viewsgerard1947

Peacock in the garden as far as escapees go is as exotic as it gets for me.

The most painful bite I've had was from cockatiel (I've been been bitten by dogs, cats and various other small beasts) I tried to pick it up to put it into a cage. It just hung on with it's very sharp and powerful beak for what seemed to be ages.
Login to get fewer ads

I've just been playing hide and seek with a cockatoo on 16:57 - Jun 4 with 2122 viewsLord_Lucan

Sounds like a Cockatiel. A cockatoo would have eaten your hand.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

I've just been playing hide and seek with a cockatoo on 17:14 - Jun 4 with 2099 viewsgerard1947

I've just been playing hide and seek with a cockatoo on 16:57 - Jun 4 by Lord_Lucan

That's what I said, it was a cockatiel, a cockatoo can crack a Brazil nut!
I've just been playing hide and seek with a cockatoo on 17:30 - Jun 4 with 2085 viewsjeera

I've just been playing hide and seek with a cockatoo on 16:57 - Jun 4 by Lord_Lucan

There was a time we had an African Grey in the household.

Horrible thing. Vicious. (Bloody clever though).

I didn't like it, and it didn't like me.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2017 21:54]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

I've just been playing hide and seek with a cockatoo on 19:17 - Jun 4 with 2005 viewsMullet

Are they essentially the same bird but different sizes then? This thing had a hell of a grip as it sunk some talon into my thumb joint. My lizard is pretty clawey and can dig a hole in you if you let him, this thing was a whole different prospect.

Seemed tame as to be fair, he sat there quite happily as I ferried through the semis and back lanes to his house for five mins or so. His daft owner was out in her dressing gown chatting away oblivious.

Not a big fan of birds either.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024