Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The hero London officer who is in a critical condition..... 20:03 - Jun 5 with 12682 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

He should have been armed
The hero London officer who is in a critical condition..... on 12:58 - Jun 6 with 519 viewsDarth_Koont

The hero London officer who is in a critical condition..... on 12:49 - Jun 6 by Swansea_Blue

It's easier for people to process and channel their frustrations into anger and violence though isn't it. Which is exactly why we need to step back when there are events like these and not rush into hasty decisions which could make situations worse.

Liberty is often hard won but easily lost (or something like that).

Agree 100%. And your last line certainly needs to be kept in mind by those casually bandying around "solutions" such as internment or deportation on the grounds of suspicion and circumstantial evidence.

Not just because taking away our liberties and going against our values is doing the job for the terrorists but in this specific case, I'm not sure that it wouldn't increase the overall threat by fueling recruitment and creating these powerful personal networks during internment that are the real driving force behind turning British citizens into suicidal terrorists. According to the experts anyway.

Hey, but at least we'd be doing something and "finally getting tough on terrorists", right? And if more people need to die for me to feel less frustrated and powerless, then that's a price I'm willing to pay.

Pronouns: He/Him

The hero London officer who is in a critical condition..... on 13:57 - Jun 6 with 478 viewsbournemouthblue

The hero London officer who is in a critical condition..... on 23:49 - Jun 5 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Even outside of these terrorists incidents there has been a big spike in crime this year in London. People can be proud all they like but I think it is a conversation that should happen. I'd feel more at ease if the met were armed. I am not saying it would be cheap.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/apr/12/met-police-warns-of-sharp-rise-i

How many stabbings have we had in Ipswich over the last year or so, the violent crime levels have rocketed?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024