Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Have the Tories of TWTD been defending their new friends? 07:07 - Jun 10 with 6503 viewsMullet

Are the DUP terrorists or not then?
Does their links to creationism, homophobia, anti-abortion ignorance etc. not sound at all familiar? If a little uncomfortable?

Blair was a Christian after all and that was the reason he lead us down such a bad road wasn't it?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Have the Tories of TWTD been defending their new friends? on 11:11 - Jun 10 with 1813 viewsmanchego

Have the Tories of TWTD been defending their new friends? on 09:45 - Jun 10 by Radlett_blue

I fully agree that PR is fairer & would change voting behaviour as voting for a minority party would no longer be seen as a wasted vote. However, fracturing of parties doesn't necessarily lead to better government & there would inevitably be more coalitions, changes of government & elections.

We might have to grow up and learn how to run a country with people with differing views.
It's called consensus.
This nonsense of large majorities from 40 something percent of the vote has to stop ( obviously not this time ).
Have the Tories of TWTD been defending their new friends? on 12:14 - Jun 10 with 1773 viewsGlasgowBlue

Have the Tories of TWTD been defending their new friends? on 10:55 - Jun 10 by J2BLUE

Is there no chance that a small group on Conservatives will refuse to go along with this or are they all willing to look the other way to retain power?

The thought seems to be that as repugnant as a deal with the DUP is, the idea of a Corbyn government is even more terrifying and will be a disaster for the country.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Have the Tories of TWTD been defending their new friends? on 12:19 - Jun 10 with 1756 viewsmanchego

Have the Tories of TWTD been defending their new friends? on 12:14 - Jun 10 by GlasgowBlue

The thought seems to be that as repugnant as a deal with the DUP is, the idea of a Corbyn government is even more terrifying and will be a disaster for the country.

It goes to show what a steaming pile we had on our ballot papers
Have the Tories of TWTD been defending their new friends? on 12:28 - Jun 10 with 1745 viewsClapham_Junction

Have the Tories of TWTD been defending their new friends? on 08:34 - Jun 10 by Radlett_blue

Labour used to stand in Northern Ireland, gut gave up years ago as they had become completely marginalised.
The Conservatives used to be known as "The Conservative & Unionist Party" & were closely aligned with the old Ulster Unionist Party before that fractured in the 1970s.
If you want Northern Ireland to become less sectarian - and I do - you need to start with integrating the schools.

The SDLP are effectively the Northern Irish version of Labour and sit with them in Westminster. Labour do not allow people to run under its name in NI for that reason.

I have always found it odd that the NI peace process strengthened the more extreme parties (DUP and Sinn Fein) at the expense of the more moderate UUP and SDLP as I would have expected the opposite to happen. Strange old world.
Have the Tories of TWTD been defending their new friends? on 12:35 - Jun 10 with 1732 viewslinhdi

Have the Tories of TWTD been defending their new friends? on 08:06 - Jun 10 by artsbossbeard

One of my Tory FB friends posted last night that Corbyn simply can't be trusted as he's not prepared to negotiate and agree a deal with another party to win an election.

It sums the man up, apparently.

Sounds like your mate isn't very good at maths.
Have the Tories of TWTD been defending their new friends? on 18:24 - Jun 10 with 1673 viewsjas0999

Have the Tories of TWTD been defending their new friends? on 07:55 - Jun 10 by StokieBlue

I don't think anybody is defending them, apparently Glassers sent back his membership when he heard (he said it on the other thread).

It's a truly awful decision by May. The DUP are an awful bunch of people and shouldn't be anywhere near power.

The fact she doesn't see this is just another reason, in very many reasons, that she should go or be pushed.

SB

What other options did she have? Sensible ones?
Have the Tories of TWTD been defending their new friends? on 05:34 - Jun 11 with 1641 viewstcblue

Have the Tories of TWTD been defending their new friends? on 18:24 - Jun 10 by jas0999

What other options did she have? Sensible ones?

This is very much a key point for me, that the Tories have no other political friends of relevance that they could possibly broker a deal with except from the DUP. The DUP....

If Labour and Liberals are smart (sigh) they'll realise this means they've got to just get some solidarity, consistency and cohesion for the next few years and they'll walk the next GE. They need to purge the meddling Blairites from Labour, and the Lib Dems need to somehow remain visible throughout the next few years.
Have the Tories of TWTD been defending their new friends? on 08:12 - Jun 11 with 1625 viewscrunchie1978

Barbarism begins at home.
Login to get fewer ads

Have the Tories of TWTD been defending their new friends? on 08:29 - Jun 11 with 1617 viewsRadlett_blue

Have the Tories of TWTD been defending their new friends? on 12:28 - Jun 10 by Clapham_Junction

The SDLP are effectively the Northern Irish version of Labour and sit with them in Westminster. Labour do not allow people to run under its name in NI for that reason.

I have always found it odd that the NI peace process strengthened the more extreme parties (DUP and Sinn Fein) at the expense of the more moderate UUP and SDLP as I would have expected the opposite to happen. Strange old world.

Not really. NI is so sectarian & each side felt that the extremists would defend their position better in any negotiation. The GFA could not have happened without getting Ian Paisley & Martin McGuinness both on-side.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Have the Tories of TWTD been defending their new friends? on 10:12 - Jun 11 with 1584 viewsMullet

Have the Tories of TWTD been defending their new friends? on 08:12 - Jun 11 by crunchie1978

Barbarism begins at home.

They must be taken in hand.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024