Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Relegation season... 11:12 - Jun 21 with 15026 viewsTheBlueBarca

Is it just me that's feeling this looking at the fixtures?

Just look at the players even Brum are bringing in, who finished as badly as we did, compared to the players we are bringing in and looking at. We're oceans apart in terms of ambitious signings. We mock Harry but he does bring the names in, Stockdale for example is one hell of a signing to start with.

I very much hope I am wrong but I have that sinking feeling, and we managed to scrape it by just 4 points last season.

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

Relegation season... on 12:25 - Jun 21 with 3711 viewsReuser_is_God

Relegation season... on 12:21 - Jun 21 by mutters

No way can we tell this early on. I am positive so far, a couple of early signings, potentially others in motion. Hopefully we will be more settled come start of the season and not still scrabbling around trying to find players.

Hopefully we don;t sell our most important player* 3 days before the window shuts with no replacement sorted.

*Who even is this now?!

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Relegation season... on 12:26 - Jun 21 with 3705 viewsKieran_Knows

Relegation season... on 12:25 - Jun 21 by Reuser_is_God

Hopefully we don;t sell our most important player* 3 days before the window shuts with no replacement sorted.

*Who even is this now?!

Bart?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Relegation season... on 12:27 - Jun 21 with 3702 viewsReuser_is_God

Relegation season... on 12:24 - Jun 21 by TractorWood

I thought this last season. Was constantly getting praised but seemed to make a basic error every time I saw him.

There was one game I caught on Sky & his kicking was worse than Gerks.

His reason for joining Brum was because he was offered a longer deal - what a cop out. He knows he's not that good, otherwise he'd have backed himself in the PL to get a longer deal at that level.

Evans out

Relegation season... on 12:29 - Jun 21 with 3696 viewsKieran_Knows

Relegation season... on 12:27 - Jun 21 by Reuser_is_God

There was one game I caught on Sky & his kicking was worse than Gerks.

His reason for joining Brum was because he was offered a longer deal - what a cop out. He knows he's not that good, otherwise he'd have backed himself in the PL to get a longer deal at that level.

Presume it say's a lot that Brighton did only offer him a one year deal, ten subsequently spent big to bring in Matt Ryan, who I presume they would have brought in anyway even if Stockdale did sign the deal they offered.

Relegation season... on 12:31 - Jun 21 with 3688 viewsReuser_is_God

Relegation season... on 12:26 - Jun 21 by Kieran_Knows

Bart?

Probably, given the points he'd probably saved us in the last 18 months.

Chambers a close 2nd.

Apart from those 2, Webster & McGoldrick I wouldn't be disappointed to see any of them leave.

Evans out

The fact that Birmingham have signed.... on 12:32 - Jun 21 with 3690 viewsGuthrum

The fact that Birmingham have signed.... on 12:17 - Jun 21 by Reuser_is_God

Who else have they signed? Stockdale &?

I don't think we can really class Spence as a new signing.

Craig Gardner, who was on loan with them last season - pretty analogous to Spence.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Their only other signing has been.... on 12:33 - Jun 21 with 3690 viewsBloots

The fact that Birmingham have signed.... on 12:17 - Jun 21 by Reuser_is_God

Who else have they signed? Stockdale &?

I don't think we can really class Spence as a new signing.

...Gardner.

Who they had on loan last season.

So therefore he can't be counted as a new signing either.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

The fact that Birmingham have signed.... on 12:33 - Jun 21 with 3690 viewsGuthrum

The fact that Birmingham have signed.... on 12:21 - Jun 21 by taximan

spence is definitely not a new signing and neither will huws be - they were both part of the first team squad at the end of last season, all of which shows that there is much to do, just to be as sh1tty as a few months ago

Two of the better members of last season's squad - particularly in the case of Huws.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

Their only other signing has been.... on 12:36 - Jun 21 with 3682 viewsReuser_is_God

Their only other signing has been.... on 12:33 - Jun 21 by Bloots

...Gardner.

Who they had on loan last season.

So therefore he can't be counted as a new signing either.

Yeah, not a new signing then.

Good player though Gardner, felt he was let down by how awful his team mates were in the game at PR last season.

Evans out

Relegation season... on 12:38 - Jun 21 with 3676 viewsKieran_Knows

Relegation season... on 12:31 - Jun 21 by Reuser_is_God

Probably, given the points he'd probably saved us in the last 18 months.

Chambers a close 2nd.

Apart from those 2, Webster & McGoldrick I wouldn't be disappointed to see any of them leave.

Think i'd probably add Dozzell, Bishop, Kenlock, Emmanuel, Ward and Smith in to those i'd be disappointed to lose, other than that, as you say, the majority of them could be replaced with better players (if the owner was willing to dip his hands in his pockets a little more).

Relegation season... on 12:41 - Jun 21 with 3672 viewsBlueNomad

Some are using the "Derby effect" in June - it says if you spend loads of money you will be really good. Already we should be frightened!

I think there are clumps of fixtures where we could potentially go on a good run
I know for a fact that we are trying to get deals done..... on 12:42 - Jun 21 with 3676 viewsBloots

The fact that Birmingham have signed.... on 12:24 - Jun 21 by Reuser_is_God

Agreed.

I think we'll get the deals done but will be late on as is often the case with us as players will wait around to see if they get offered more money elsewhere. That's why Spence has all ready signed, he knows he won't get better than Ipswich whereas Huws might therefore he's holding out a bit longer.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2017 12:24]

....I've spoken to a Championship player that told me he was offered a contract by us in the last two weeks, but ended up taking a very similar deal at his current club just because of the convenience.

Lots of things happen that we don't know about, when people suggest that the "management" are just sitting around doing nothing it's plainly not true.

Given that we won't just throw money at a player or club then we are always going to have more misses than hits.

I know for a fact that we are trying to get deals done..... on 12:44 - Jun 21 with 3662 viewsReuser_is_God

I know for a fact that we are trying to get deals done..... on 12:42 - Jun 21 by Bloots

....I've spoken to a Championship player that told me he was offered a contract by us in the last two weeks, but ended up taking a very similar deal at his current club just because of the convenience.

Lots of things happen that we don't know about, when people suggest that the "management" are just sitting around doing nothing it's plainly not true.

Given that we won't just throw money at a player or club then we are always going to have more misses than hits.

Who was it?
[Post edited 21 Jun 2017 12:45]

Evans out

I know for a fact that we are trying to get deals done..... on 12:45 - Jun 21 with 3657 viewsBlueNomad

I know for a fact that we are trying to get deals done..... on 12:42 - Jun 21 by Bloots

But that isn't the case when you play fantasy league type games.
I know for a fact that we are trying to get deals done..... on 12:47 - Jun 21 with 3652 viewsKieran_Knows

Was he any good?

I would have liked him.... on 12:50 - Jun 21 with 3649 viewsBloots

I know for a fact that we are trying to get deals done..... on 12:47 - Jun 21 by Kieran_Knows

Was he any good?

....typical Mick type.

But the barmies would have moaned that he was too old/a reject/a journeyman.

Relegation season... on 12:55 - Jun 21 with 3636 viewsBenters

Relegation season... on 11:18 - Jun 21 by artsbossbeard

I'll have a £50 charity bet now that Town will be nowhere near relegation next season.

"Scraped", massive fannying that.

EACH is my preferred charity.

Still 4 points fromda dropz zone though innit.

Call it bedwetting /Simple farmhanding if you like but it was still 4 points.

Anyway,look forward not back .

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

I know for a fact that we are trying to get deals done..... on 13:10 - Jun 21 with 3616 viewsitfcjoe

If you speak to anyone who knows anything going on behind the scenes there must be some serious hard work done. We were in for Garner last year, in for Huws last year and then we get priced out but keep them on our radar waiting for them to hopefully fall into our lap.

We just have to wait for good players to slip through the cracks into the 'closing down sales' and pounce, we can't afford to get them at what is in reality true market value.

But it's clear that between Bowman, Mick and their contacts that there is plenty going on

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Relegation season... on 13:26 - Jun 21 with 3593 viewsTheBlueBarca

Relegation season... on 12:05 - Jun 21 by artsbossbeard

I'll settle for outside the bottom 3 but I'd be happy to take a bet from the OP on anything north of 5th from bottom downwards.

I like how many downvotes I have for suggesting we may go down this season.

May I remind those people we finished just 4 points from the drop this past season. We have hardly invested millions on strengthening either like Brum is doing, we've given Spence another season, Taylor will get another chance, Berra's gone, Pittman and Bru are off, Garner has come in which in my view is an expensive Pittman replacement rather than a Murphy one. Lawrence has gone too, so that's 3 of our last 3 top scorers out of the club in 3 seasons.

It's hardly earth shaking news that we're likely candidates to go down is it? We were awful last season.

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

Relegation season... on 13:36 - Jun 21 with 3573 viewsitfcjoe

Relegation season... on 13:26 - Jun 21 by TheBlueBarca

May I remind those people we finished just 4 points from the drop this past season. We have hardly invested millions on strengthening either like Brum is doing, we've given Spence another season, Taylor will get another chance, Berra's gone, Pittman and Bru are off, Garner has come in which in my view is an expensive Pittman replacement rather than a Murphy one. Lawrence has gone too, so that's 3 of our last 3 top scorers out of the club in 3 seasons.

It's hardly earth shaking news that we're likely candidates to go down is it? We were awful last season.

I think there are 2 reasons for this

1) That the fixture list makes it any more or less likely we will go up/down. We all knew the make up off the division

2) That you are banging on about scraping survival, the closest we got to the relegation zone was at end of season after securing safety and losing 3 on the bounce when on the beach. We were never likely go down, I doubt we were at any point less than about 20/1 at the bookies to do so

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I know for a fact that we are trying to get deals done..... on 13:40 - Jun 21 with 3556 viewstaximan

I know for a fact that we are trying to get deals done..... on 13:10 - Jun 21 by itfcjoe

If you speak to anyone who knows anything going on behind the scenes there must be some serious hard work done. We were in for Garner last year, in for Huws last year and then we get priced out but keep them on our radar waiting for them to hopefully fall into our lap.

We just have to wait for good players to slip through the cracks into the 'closing down sales' and pounce, we can't afford to get them at what is in reality true market value.

But it's clear that between Bowman, Mick and their contacts that there is plenty going on

i hope you are right joe

as things stand the squad looks poor in terms of both quality and numbers
I know for a fact that we are trying to get deals done..... on 13:42 - Jun 21 with 3552 viewsKieran_Knows

I know for a fact that we are trying to get deals done..... on 13:10 - Jun 21 by itfcjoe

We were trying to get Garner in last summer before we had even lost Murphy to Newcastle, but we were priced out of the deal. (as you say).

Stop blubbing..... on 13:49 - Jun 21 with 3537 viewsBloots

....you got downvoted because you are factually incorrect.

Birmingham have signed one new player.

A goalkeeper.

On a free.

They were worse than us last year.

Plus they now have "Mr Administration" in as manager.

Calm down, it's June and the sun is shining.

Relegation season... on 13:51 - Jun 21 with 3529 viewsBigalhunter

'Just can't believe we're going down to League One'
'We're going down and thats the end of it isn't it? Feels that way'

Just two ridiculous quotes during your last meltdown end of March/beginning of April. The players just gave up when we were mathematically safe & lost the last 3 games.

Get a grip of yourself.
Relegation season... on 13:55 - Jun 21 with 3514 viewsartsbossbeard

Bet avoidance noted.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024